Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#439988 - 12/11/10 09:15 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Delta]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I'll buy your cabbage, Delta. It's a fair price for such valuable goods.

I'll buy your whole stock, and I'll eat them all up. Yum.

#439989 - 12/11/10 09:15 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: SINClair]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Geez, ya big meanie, you have no idea how hard Delta works for those cabbages.

crossbones

(Seriously, what does that even mean, "You think like the man who sells vegetables round the corner"?)
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#439991 - 12/11/10 09:21 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Shade]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Tsk tsk, Shade, you just don't understand advanced metaphors. It means that Delta thinks like a hunter of aliens selling braziers around the North pole. Clear? Glad I could help.

#439992 - 12/11/10 09:23 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zaftig]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar

Merci Beaucoup, Mesdames! Choux gratuit pour tous!

#439993 - 12/11/10 09:39 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Shade]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
Originally Posted By: Shade
(Seriously, what does that even mean, "You think like the man who sells vegetables round the corner"?)

Perhaps it would make more sense if we personally knew the guy who sells vegetables “round the corner” from her. Maybe it’s one of those “you have to be there” sort of things. zombie

#440013 - 12/12/10 12:27 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zsche]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Well... this thread sure has taken an interesting turn. I'm in the mood for sauerkraut now.

#440044 - 12/12/10 08:43 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: SINClair]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Originally Posted By: SINClair
I'm not going to argue with you.

You are not a Satanist.

You think like the man who sells vegetables round the corner.

Thank you for the most hearty laugh I've had thus far this morning. Though I do think it's sort of mean for you to throw insults at poor Delta. We all know he's not all there, but we allow him to stay out of pity… and there you go, calling him out on his inferior brain power. It's almost not fair, how you use your staggering intelligence against someone so ill equipped to defend himself. At least you were kind enough to not actually argue with him.

In respect to your reply to me, thank you for your concern. I didn't actually realize how dangerous my kind behavior is. Phew, at least I enjoy living life on the edge. Thank Satan you're here to show me the error of my ways.

In all seriousness, I generally try my best to maintain a polite, but direct, demeanor here on the boards. If those around me will forgive one small indiscretion, I'd be awfully appreciative. Please don't hold it against me.

SINclair, your posts are really fucking stupid. The fact that you seem to think anything other than that fact means you are most likely really fucking stupid in person. Please don't lecture me or reply to me in the future. There is really no point, as anyone with a modicum of intelligence would be best served doing the exact opposite of anything you say. Now go spend the rest of your day telling yourself that I'm not a Satanist either, I really couldn't care less.

Now if everyone will excuse me, I'm off to make a video of my daily beauty regime for Delta, because we all know he's too dumb to read a nine page essay.
Hey, that bastard had it coming.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#440047 - 12/12/10 08:50 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Bruja]
GoodMourning Offline

Originally Posted By: Bruja
Now if everyone will excuse me, I'm off to make a video of my daily beauty regime for Delta, because we all know he's too dumb to read a nine page essay.
Hey, that bastard had it coming.

This made my morning 90% better. Thank you. laugh

#440060 - 12/12/10 10:29 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zsche]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
How did this thread go from sycophancy to cabbage?
By the way, that's one sexy avatar, Delta.. Bruja, yours is quite sexy aswell but I just can't decide...

#440073 - 12/12/10 11:33 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zaftig]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
grin

Thanks, Z., I need all the help I can get. Kind of exhausting to need subtitles all the time but I swear I'm not speaking the same language as some folks even if it's technically English. It's like trying to decipher those damnably cryptic fortune cookies. Riddle me this, riddle me that... I usually just give up and eat the cookie. grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#440077 - 12/12/10 11:52 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Shade]
GoodMourning Offline

Originally Posted By: Shade
Riddle me this, riddle me that... I usually just give up and eat the cookie. grin

Reminds me of Denis Leary... "Happiness comes in small doses, folks. It's a cigarette, or a chocolate chip cookie or a five second orgasm. You come, you smoke the butt, you eat the cookie, you go to sleep, get up in the morning and go to fucking work!"

#440119 - 12/12/10 09:36 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: SINClair]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
But . . . But his cabbage is kosher. That means it is really good. laugh

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#440145 - 12/13/10 08:12 AM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zsche]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Hmmm...I think it is important to take any statement made by Dr. LaVey in the context of the whole of his writings. It is somtimes insinuated that Dr. LaVey was a bull shit artist, and that is what lesser magic is about. Note...I am NOT concluding that this is your conclusion. The context of your quote is the complimenting people who you deem worthy of compliments. By your example, you already know this. As a parent, I try to point out where my son gets it right rather than wrong. I also try to do that as a supervisor at work, and as a spouse. This is a sign of having healthy self-esteem. Our children can inherit either our self-esteem, or lack of it.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#440183 - 12/13/10 02:51 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: John Prophet]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
No, dear Prophet, the guy who sells vegetables round the corner from me is exactly the same as the guy who sells vegetables round the corner from you, and every other guy who sells vegetables all around the world.

The short-sighted kind of people who always sees things either black or white, never grey.

The kind of people who think inside the pocket compartment, inside of the box. zombie

#440185 - 12/13/10 03:17 PM Re: Sycophancy as Lesser Magic [Re: Zaftig]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Originally Posted By: Zaftig
I'll buy your cabbage, Delta. It's a fair price for such valuable goods.

I'll buy your whole stock, and I'll eat them all up. Yum.

I wouldn't want to be the guy sharing the bed with you that night, if what you're planning to do is eating all that stock of cabbage in one go. grin

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43975 Topics
406011 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements