Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#438235 - 11/22/10 09:02 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: Disembodied]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
Back in your child years, what are some movies, music, or other means that lighten up your day whenever you are down for personal reasons?

Originally Posted By: Disembodied
Hatebreed

Interesting. "Hatebreed" as a child lightened up your day... So – since the band was basically unknown until 1996 (and then only in selective circles), I am curious as to what age you found their music to be uplifting?

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#438238 - 11/22/10 09:10 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Disembodied Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Loc: Tropichell paradise.
Yes, they are a band from New Haven, CT. I grew up in CT and followed them from 1999 (the year with backwards triple 6's) until now, though the music is no longer as good or original. I was 18 years old when I first saw them perform at a hole in the wall bar called Hanover House in Meriden, CT in January of 2000. The bar doesn't exist anymore, but the memory of that show and my first impression will always remain. I saw NFL sized men getting steamrolled in the moshpit and ever since that night have been a diehard fan. They are some pretty solid dudes, too. Some of my favorite tracks are Unloved, Burial for the Living, Confide in No One, Puritan, Severed, Final Prayer feat. Kerry King and a bunch more.

EDIT: Also check out Disembodied from Minneapolis. Whom my name is in reference too. They call themselves "Satan rock".

Edited by Disembodied (11/22/10 09:26 AM)

#438754 - 11/27/10 01:51 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Hm, books were my escape route from the torture of family life, in particular fantasy - which I'm still a big fan of - and horror, once I got over my dreadful squeamishness. I would bury myself in tales of the dragons of Pern, the earlier books in that series were my favourites and I still re-read them from time to time. I'm not so keen on the later offerings.
I wasn't into music as a child, or even much as a teenager, until I discovered Queen. I am still a huge fan to this day, and songs like "Save Me", "The Show Must Go On" and "Somebody To Love" will still move me, and I'm not even sure whether it would be to tears or to joy, it's a weird feeling.

#438827 - 11/28/10 06:35 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Maupassant's Offline

That's very interesting. You're one of the few people in the world who don't have much sadness as a child.

That's kind of over-the-top. Most people I know had rather happy, or at least content, childhoods. Even if they came from dysfunctional families.

It usually takes an introspective type of personality to experience adolescent unhappieness - and most people are not that way.

#438833 - 11/28/10 07:13 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: Maupassant's]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Maybe "one of the few" was a little over-the-top. I was putting emphasis on general sadness regardless of any circumstances.

Thank you for putting that out there. smile

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#438835 - 11/28/10 07:19 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: Furrtiv]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Furrtiv
Hm, books were my escape route from the torture of family life, in particular fantasy - which I'm still a big fan of - and horror, ...

What was your fancy? Frankenstein or Dracula?

Vampires or Werewolves?

Regarding to fantasy, I prefered dragons also. The mention of dragons caused me to be reminded of Dragonheart.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#438891 - 11/29/10 03:02 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
womanking Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
I always relied on my sister during down times. We used our imaginations to make up for the joy that our parents failed to offer.

As children, our mother and father fought on a daily basis. Our mother was an alcoholic, so I counted on my sister for support. During their fights we would elope to the backyard to role play. We improvised, acting out scenarios in which we longed for ourselves. Although there were bitter moments between my parents, I can honestly say my childhood was not miserable at all- in fact, I kind of miss it!

In the evenings, my sister and I enjoyed watching Nick-at-Nite. We loved Laverne and Shirley, the Brady Bunch and the Wonder Years. Saturday mornings we would tune in to Rugrats and Doug, and after school was Alex Mac, Clarissa Explains it All, and Are You Afraid of the Dark?

But of all the things I relied on to mask my sorrow, I believe my sister actually had the biggest impact on my mental health. She was the one who could always put a smile on my face. Even to this day, I credit her for picking me up out of the slumps.

In my later years, I took on a different approach when I was down and about.

I went through some pretty tumultuous times in high school- during that period I developed a liking to musical artists such as Fiona Apple, Mazzy Star, and Laura Marling- even Scarlett Johansson’s cover album (Tom Waits) has always been one of my favorites, quite deep and mysterious.

I used to spend hours with my headphones on during the days I ditched school. I closed my eyes, shed tears, and consumed myself with thoughts on a brighter future- this was before I was aware of the Satanic philosophy. It was almost like my own, miniature take on a Compassion Ritual. This sort of ritualistic behavior made me feel better in the end. My conscience would be cleared the next day, ready to tackle any future downfalls. Even now, I tend to reminisce to the very same music when I am feeling a bit sad.

#439022 - 12/01/10 10:45 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: womanking]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

That's very well written! I really appreciate what you have shared.

Your sister must be extremely close to you.

Speaking of role playing when you were a child, did you know about a role playing organization going on called NERO?

#439272 - 12/03/10 07:53 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
womanking Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Your sister must be extremely close to you.

Yes, naturally close... twins! It was quite a difficult task to go our separate ways after high school, though. We thrived on codependency for nearly twenty years- I'm not ashamed to admit that it is one of the toughest things I've had to do.

But now, having shattered that inseparable bond, we realize just how much more we have to offer each other.

Speaking of role playing when you were a child, did you know about a role playing organization going on called NERO?

I have never heard of this before now. I looked it up online, and it seems very interesting. It would be a positive way to utilize my (sometimes) child-like imagination!

#440171 - 12/13/10 01:45 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
CzechMate Offline

Loc: Oregon
When I need to cheer up, I usually pop in one of my favorite movies and that usually does the trick. Either that or I go for a walk in the outdoors. Living where I live, I'm about a 30 minute walk from one of the largest city parks in the middle of a city in the Pacific NW. Nature is the perfect catalyst for raising my mood, no matter how brooding I can sometimes be.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten -- George Carlin

Everyone learns faster on fire -- Alkaline Trio

#440172 - 12/13/10 01:54 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: CzechMate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

What are among your favorite movies sir?

Some of my old favorite movies were:

• Bedknobs & Broomsticks
  • Merry Poppins
  • Hook
  • Robocop
  • Terminator

To name off the top of my head.

#440173 - 12/13/10 01:55 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I basically do the same things now that I've been doing since my preteen and teen years. Writing, painting/drawing/playing with Photoshop, abusing my guitar, etc. Going further back into childhood... I couldn't tell ya. I don't remember a whole lot of that mess. laugh

#440174 - 12/13/10 01:59 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
CzechMate Offline

Loc: Oregon
I have so many that I enjoy but here are a few that stick out in my head:

The Crow
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
The Addams Family
Pump Up the Volume
The Last Starfighter
The Incredibles
The Omen (original)
Iron Man
Wanted
One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest
The Shining (original)
The Spirit

....these are but a few....

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten -- George Carlin

Everyone learns faster on fire -- Alkaline Trio

#440256 - 12/14/10 12:34 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: CzechMate]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

You have good taste. smile

#444892 - 02/11/11 05:29 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
I like the new sport I have been doing the last 15 months,the shutzhund sport. It is challenging, fun and rewarding for both me and my dog.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12254 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics
406361 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements