Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#445180 - 02/15/11 12:37 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Hmm. I've never heard of the Shutzhund sport. What's the details of this new sport of yours?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#445187 - 02/15/11 01:18 PM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
The Schutzhund sport was started in Germany 100 years ago. Schutzhund is the German word for Protection Dog.There are three phases in the sport, tracking, obedience and protection.These are the three phases. The sport started as a test for police dogs, to test their service quality.Now it is more a sport. Also, it is a breeding guideline. the genes are either there or not, for, courage, built, temperment, mental stability ,agility, soundness and intelligence.Schutzhund is a very lenghty endeavor. not every dog is suitable for the sport.(nor are all humans suitable for the sport.) Although, the sport is fun, it is a serious business for dog and handler in competition. it takes dedication, patience and time to achieve the full benefit of the sport.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#445439 - 02/18/11 10:51 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: Azeri]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
That's very interesting!

Thank you for educating me on that.

I never knew Germany has a sport such as that.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#445520 - 02/19/11 09:23 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
LaVeyanAngel Offline

Loc: florida
i was very imaginative as a child. always daydreaiming, playing make believe, my living room was the moon most of the time. i would hide under chairs and pretend to be exploring the craters.

i would always be drawing, and i wrote a few books about my stuffed animals when i was really small. my mom had to help me write out the words though! my mom kept all those and recently gave them to me. it was fun to look at again.

as for movies, i was OBSESSED with "the never ending story". i swear i watched it every day. my parents taped it for me (back when vhs was all there was) and on that tape, there was also "the karate kid 2", and the ALF thanksgiving special LOL. so i watched all of those constantly.

lots of little things made me happy, and they still do.

#445566 - 02/20/11 12:04 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: LordofDarkness]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
When this question is answered honestly, it is the best way to date a persons approximate age.
So, I'm game but I could cover the spectrum of childhood frivolity, from my first cognitive understanding to today. To save on time I won't do it, but I indulge in Saturday Morning cartoons to this day.

OK, My imagination was cultivated and projected in games of make believe with my Barbie's and My Little Ponies. My dad who I found out about at 8, bought me a Pony Palace. I never saw him, it just showed up and suddenly I had a dad I would never know.

When I was a pre-schooler, She-ra and He-man, Hanna Barbera, and late night USA "Up-All-Night" black and white horrors, Dracula w/ Bella Lugosi, Alfred Hickok, and The Twilight Zone. I got to watch them when I couldn't sleep.

The things that bring me the most joy as a kid are, Nickelodeon's Special Delivery, The Last Unicorn, The Never Ending Story, The 2nd Care Bare Movie, The Black Cauldron, Wuzzles, Snorks, Smurfs, Moon Dreamers, Rainbow Bright, Fraggle Rock, and Masterpiece Theater.

I also spent my time lost in the rows of books, escaping in to stories, before the invention of "home console video games systems" and the internet. Once the Nintendo was out I was hooked, but by then my mom had fallen from grace, so I didn't get much play time in. I spent a lot of time hiding at the library because it was free in more ways than one. It is where I discovered magic. When at home I start sleeping because I am a vivid dreamer. I liked dreaming, it's a lost art these days.

I don't know if 14 counts as being a child to you guys, but I certainly wasn't a kid anymore at that age. By then I was on my own, and had no time for childish things anymore.

To this day Library's and the real physical books with their dusty shelves and quite halls, whispering untold adventures from their beaten spines that truly holds the greatest magic for me. For me it is the concept of creation and how I came to understand my personal universe and world creation.

There is a place in Salem, MA I want to give props (proper respect) to because it has more magic than any library ever will for me. In the heart of the city lives a brilliant man who has read every story on his precariously stacked shelves. He is just a natural force of knowledge and that's power, like fucking Dumbledore he is. This place is humble, and small, with only one path down each row and back out the door. That is if no one has knock any thing over that day.

The books line the walls and frame the path, every nook and cranny, every surface, every window from floor to ceiling, these towers of books stand tall. Any thing in print like the libraries of Milos (form Lucifer's comic) can be found in these stacks. If the sheer expanse of information crammed in to this apparently small space doesn't empress, then the owner will.

Every book on the shelves needs no computer to be found, he knows where they all are, and the story each one tells, and it requires his magical touch to remove it from the walls of books the store is made from. It's like see the trick where the table cloth is pulled out from under the dishes. I swear he could do that trick too. He has a saying when they fall "I haven't broken one yet." Funny, though one wrong move and a person could be buried in an avalanche of books.

It's truly my favorite place in the world and it comes from the love of books as a child.

I have pictures if anyone wants to see them.
I just don't want to infringe on copy right rules. The pictures are mine and taken with permission, but this site has a no advertising rule, so I didn't want to just paste them up.
I can always set a link from the Undercroft, or PM them.

It's funny but if I was there I would be happy, but now I am just home sick.
I'mPerfecting

#445569 - 02/20/11 01:01 AM Re: Needing to cheer up? [Re: Maupassant's]
I'mPerfecting Offline

Loc: Florida
Originally Posted By: Maupassant's
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
That's very interesting. You're one of the few people in the world who don't have much sadness as a child.

That's kind of over-the-top. Most people I know had rather happy, or at least content, childhoods. Even if they came from dysfunctional families.

It usually takes an introspective type of personality to experience adolescent unhappieness - and most people are not that way.

Please don't think I am picking on you, I am not.
If I wasn't so well adjusted I would be offend by your comment on introverts, because I am one.

I would also wager on the safe probability that about half the people here are, only because of the 50-50 option not a generalization.

1st. You have become the very thing you are responding against.
"It's kinda of over the top" for you to say "It usually takes an introspective type of personality to experience adolescent unhappieness - and most people are not that way"

2nd. This is a generalization. As is L.O.D.'s comment you quoted.
I am pretty certain neither of you know most people, and it's not really scientific to assume ether of you have done the experiments needed to make that kind of a judgement call.

3rd. Contradictory reversals of the argued phrase are not expectable sources of evidence to prove ones point.
By reversing the "bad childhood" for "the good one", then drawing a line to say only introverted people have unhappy child hood.

It's a falsies, and your point gets lost. Which I assume is, that most of the people you knew growing up were "outgoing" and had happy childhoods?

I am an introvert but my child hood wasn't unhappy, it had it's ups and down, like most childhoods. I also learned at a young age how to conform the world around me to fit me to make me happy. Most of the people I know had crappy childhoods but that had no bearing on their personality type (intro vs extroverted).

Two examples to think about are book worms, the person reading rather than socializing. They would be introverted, despite their family function or upbring.

And Hookers would be extroverted or outgoing, despite their family function or upbringing.

Also most children are unhappy based on social awkwardness as opposed to family function, though dysfunction doesn't help.
You should consider that perhaps the reason those that surrounded you had such good childhoods, is because they knew you, and you're such a good friend that your presence in their lives attributed to their better childhood. You were a good influence in their lives.

Just something to think about, please don't think I did this to be mean, it was not intended as such.

I'mPerfecting

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406071 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements