Topic Options
#436649 - 10/30/10 05:39 PM A Magical Theory
theTanman Offline

I would first like to point out that my original introduction post was somewhat sloppy and I assure everyone i will take the time and consideration to be more professional and intelligent in my future posts.

Now to the matter at hand. Being somewhat new to the practices of Satanism I have reflected on my life before so seeing much evidence of a Satanic lifestyle as written by Dr. LaVey. In this reflection I have speculated much about further possible applications and techniques in creating potent magical workings. In a sense, this is most likely a form of questioning but I myself can attest to this possible theory.

I have been quite accustomed to the Lesser magics for the vast majority of my life. Knowing how to manipulate people or situations to my own benefit, has always been instinct or second nature. Since I started reading the amazing works of Dr. Lavey, I became more conscious of the Lesser magics and apply them more thoroughly throughout my daily life thus being more accustomed to living Satanism and realizing it.

On the subject of the Greater or Ritual magics, I have absolutely no means by which to perform any type of solitary ritual or even find an area in which i can be alone for more than a few minutes. I am not complaining or crying for help, this is just more information about myself helping you to understand the theory which i will address shortly, so bear with me for now.

There is the other main contributing factor in all of this which is probably one of the bigger issues. When i was very young my mother had always told me not to hold in all of my emotions, which of course being the rebellious person I am, did constantly and to an extent, still do to this day. I would never express any for of hate, anger, sadness, true love, or despair.

The possible theory or question, as I'm not even truly sure how to address this matter other than wanting to see what others think or have to say, is if you spend years and years storing up all of your emotional energy, could you release it in a way to have extremely drastic magical workings? Or rather could you just will magical results simply because one has such a vast and powerful "ocean" of bottled emotion?

I would like to think yes. Or at least to a certain extent in some cases. I have had many successful workings by this method throughout my life, knowing I was a Satanist or not it has happened. One example which is somewhat recent, could be considered the successful working of a compassion ritual.

The situation was that my Aunt had treated my Mother very badly and my Mother being the religious person would constantly "turn the other cheek". My aunt was living with my mother and wouldn't pay the months rent no matter how much she begged, prayed, or asked nicely. In a phone call with my mother she spoke of these events and asked for some advice. My mother has already been paid for the week and the bank had already taken the house payment out of her account, leaving her steep in the negatives. Feeling immense compassion and love for my dear mother, i told her to stop crying and said, "If she wont pay you for the rent I will, but only if you make her move out of the house." She agreed and at that very moment my mother went silent in what I could only assume was amazement, why you ask? Because that very second she agreed, my aunt had handed over a check paying the rent she owed. Still on the phone my mother went to the bank to deposit only to find out she had enough money without the check to pay the house payment and that it had already been taken out regardless. "I cant believe it, how did this happen?!" she asked me, "Its because I love you Mom."

I can't explain how this is even possible, or rather Its just magic, and it was because of my intense emotional response over the phone from another country at that. There is most likely some gray areas that I cant address as i was not in the country at the time, but it had been going on for quite some time and there was no change until it was brought to my attention.

I would like to know what some of you think of everything I have hypothesized/theorized or whatever you wish to call it. Maybe its not widely practiced, the storing of emotion for instantaneous release and result, or maybe its widely known and practices for those in my situation, who cant perform any form of Ritual or Greater magic.

#436678 - 10/31/10 03:17 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: theTanman
if you spend years and years storing up all of your emotional energy, could you release it in a way to have extremely drastic magical workings? Or rather could you just will magical results simply because one has such a vast and powerful "ocean" of bottled emotion?

In a word; no.

It might help if you think in terms of an energy body - but keep in mind that this is only a metaphor - and consider what happens to your physical body if it is kept unused, intimidated and cowering.

What you need is exercise. Just start somewhere, go easy on yourself, and take pleasure in your progress as you go along. Just as is the case with physical exercise, "emotional exercise" will not yield immidiate and dramatic results, but you should be able to note some progress pretty quickly - say for instance within a couple of months.

#436683 - 10/31/10 03:31 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
It is not often I speak in the public forums on such matters. But...

Here is a tale I recounted elsewhere on here recently. It is a simple reminder for us all. Do not be derailed by much magical theory that over complicates the subject. Do not encumber yourself by over-analysing:

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
... or as Johnny Lydon might say: "Anger is an energy."

I am currently reading Groucho and Me (his autobiography).

He recounts a tale whereby a bullying theatre owner had snatched a cigarette out of his mouth and stubbed it out, shouting: "Smoking backstage, eh?. You're fined 5 dollars."

The argument escalated with the brothers threatening to quit their current show.

After much blustering the owner agrees to waive his "fine."

However, at the end of the week he paid them their wages of $800.00 all in cent pieces, so they had to carry bags of the stuff onto the train as they left.

Groucho recounts:

"The four of us stood on the back platform watching the town recede into the distance. As it disappeared from view one of my brothers, in words much stronger than the following, said, 'What a dirty trick! I hope his damned theatre burns to the ground.'"

He got his wish. The next morning the local paper reported that a huge conflagration had destroyed the theatre. It isn't often one is lucky enough to call down a curse upon someone and see it fulfilled within 24 hours."

I thought this was a great reminder of magic stripped down to its barest essentials.

Essentially, a destruction ritual can be as simple as writing an enemy's name on a piece of paper and flushing it down the toilet.

Emotion focused through symbolism is the imperative. The only thing I would say in response to your question regarding stored emotion: if you were to store up emotions over many years, as you suggest, then I would bet that would be ultimately quite debilitating. One has to also have timing. Though, I should add, that storing up emotion very might well work for some people. What's good for the goose might not be good for the gander and all that.

The rituals in the Satanic Bible are meant as a guideline and starting point. I would encourage anyone to work out their own personal variations; to utilise rather than mimic.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#436704 - 10/31/10 08:34 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
theTanman Offline

I thank you Reverend Strongbone, and equally XUL as well for you input and views on this matter. I have read and often refer back to the Satanic bible regarding ritual, but suggesting working out my own personal variation it probably one thing I needed to hear, as I was not sure as to how closely the guidelines were to be followed. I have found that keeping an emotional "pool" has served me well over the years both before and after my realization to Satanism.

Also regarding to what XUL was speaking of, yes i agree in that i do need to exercise in the metaphorical sense you were speaking of, although as I pointed out, in my current situation it is difficult to find any place in which I can be alone to release said "energy", coupled with the proper timing which I have always known to be vital, but I am sure a solution will present itself soon enough.

This has been a very informative post and again, I thank you Reverend and XUL for your advice and information.

On a side note, someone who I have grown to hate over about a year or so within meeting them, is about to meet their untimely demise, for their own actions of immense stupidity and disregard to the law as of late. I suppose my seemingly unreasonable hatred and judgment toward this person, has shown a group of people what this person is in a sense, a sexist scumbag, which I didn't even know of until he told everyone with his own actions!

Hail Satan, and thank you again.

#436710 - 10/31/10 08:58 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Indeed, Rev. Strongbone.

I'm quite sure that I'm not the only Satanist who has experienced their deepest desires being materialized by some random life circumstance coming in to turn the tides towards their will. Many feel comfortable calling these things coincidence or accidental, others know better.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#436745 - 10/31/10 04:07 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: Bruja]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
This post is for theTanman.

I would like to point out that in order to perform a working in Greater Magic, one does not need an actual ritual chamber. If you have absolutely no place to conduct a ritual, essentially all you need is a quiet place and your mind. Everyone has a bathroom. Go there when you feel you must ritualize. Close your eyes and utilize your imagination. Envision a splendid ritual chamber that you are working in. This is useful for meditating in general or to just relax.

Shit Lamar Says

#436748 - 10/31/10 05:39 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
theTanman Offline

I fully agree with your statements Bruja and you have a very valid point. I was merely wondering if this was more of a common thing, or rather if it was something that is widely practiced. This is my first time really interacting with other fellow Satanists and I've always enjoyed learning other peoples methods and thoughts as I feel everyone can at least learn SOMETHING from one another, regarding a wide variety of different things.

Toward Lamar Drummer, I agree with you to a certain extent. While this is a somewhat valid idea, for myself at least as I only have access to public bathrooms and showers. Although I understand what you are trying to say, in that going somewhere in which I can be alone for a short period of time, at the proper time, which is a big factor in successful workings, timing. I already do this so to speak, but there is the point of how much anger can one truly express in such public settings? I understand you are just saying, go anywhere you can be alone even if for a short time, but maybe I didn't stress enough the fact of, I simply can't, at all.

In no way am I trying to act or come off as hostile towards you Lamar or anyone else, I don't expect you to know everything about me in a post and what I do everyday. I will say that all of your views and information is much appreciated and it has accomplished what I have set out to do in this whole board. The simple task of talking to other Satanists! smile

It just makes me happy talking to others freely on these subjects as this is the only place I can for the time being.

Hail Satan!

#436764 - 10/31/10 07:25 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Well, as for not being able to be alone at all for any length of time - I am sure you will be creative and find a solution if the desire manifests. You can always be alone in your mind and thoughts.

Shit Lamar Says

#436769 - 10/31/10 08:47 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
Darkcentre1 Offline

Why not perform a Greater Magical ritual using your computer?

You have enough time to post here and you have a computer so why not use some of your time performing a ritual, where the focus is on articulating your will and producing a piece of writing which gives complete voice to your will.

For example, if it is a destruction ritual then you could get into some nasty drawn out details in your written statement and then burn the piece of writing at the end to signify that it is done?

Writing can be a powerful tool.

#436787 - 11/01/10 12:31 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: Darkcentre1]
Lamar Drummer Offline

theTanman:

Originally Posted By: Darkcentre1

You have enough time to post here and you have a computer so why not use some of your time performing a ritual, where the focus is on articulating your will and producing a piece of writing which gives complete voice to your will.

For example, if it is a destruction ritual then you could get into some nasty drawn out details in your written statement and then burn the piece of writing at the end to signify that it is done?

Writing can be a powerful tool.

I agree with this. When you are writing and reading the litany, write it in a manner which is powerful and will evoke an emotional response. In this way the "voice" inside your head that is reading will have conviction, thus emotionally responding. Additionally, you become a soundingboard to the situation and emotion at hand.

This sounds like your best bet, as you state you have no other means to conduct a formal ceremony.

Edited by Lamar Drummer (11/01/10 12:33 AM)

Shit Lamar Says

#436818 - 11/01/10 09:55 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: Darkcentre1]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Darkcentre1

Because a personal computer is something you typically see every day and use for mundane tasks. It doesn't make much sense to use it for the exact opposite of what you need in a great magic ritual working: setting up a temporary environment that's separate from the mundane, and suited for intellectual decompression.

Granted, I've utilized personal computers for playing background music during a ritual, printing out what I needed for ritual, and know what it's like to lose oneself in a video game for hours. But it's not the altar.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#436820 - 11/01/10 10:09 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

I have absolutely no means by which to perform any type of solitary ritual or even find an area in which i can be alone for more than a few minutes.

Then I'd say you haven't been looking hard enough, if at all! Shut off your cell phone and go to find a place in the woods, an abandoned building, or a room in a building that you can book, or house-sit for somebody on vacation, or get a hotel room, whatever. Wear headphones if you have to block out noise from the walls next door. If you can't even accomplish the task of finding a place where you can be alone and uninterrupted for 30-60 minutes, then what makes you think you can accomplish what you hope to accomplish with greater magic?

Quote:
if you spend years and years storing up all of your emotional energy, could you release it in a way to have extremely drastic magical workings?

Yes and no. If you've never set up and released your emotions in a directed and ritualistic way, then your first ritual could indeed prove to be very effective, however you define "effective" in that case. But that doesn't mean you might not have an equally cathartic one a year later.

Quote:
Or rather could you just will magical results simply because one has such a vast and powerful "ocean" of bottled emotion?

Part of greater magic is releasing emotions in a knowingly controlled and directed way. I don't think it really helps to have a compulsive "ocean" of emotions that are neither controlled nor directed.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#436888 - 11/02/10 09:48 AM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
theTanman Offline

Regarding what Reverend Bill M said, I do agree what your thoughts on using a computer for ritual as you have a very valid point.

In the issue of finding a solitary spot I must reiterate that yes, I have found potential spots for this, but periods of time sneaking around and people wondering where I was and more importantly wondering what I was doing, would be an issue. There is also the issue in that, I'm trying to be as secretive about all this as possible, as my line of work and the country I am temporarily residing in makes this quite a difficult task.

That being said I do agree with you on that subject , provided I was in the US, which will be soon again, in which case that whole issue wouldn't even be a problem. There is a certain level of confidentiality and privacy I am trying to keep so bear with me on things of that nature please.

On the subject of having a pool of emotion stored, having such vast and strong emotions inside does not necessarily mean they have no control or direction. Over the years I have subconsciously learned how to tap into this pool in a sense, directing the right feelings toward the desired end at the correct time, which has simply become second nature to me. Something I often keep in mind is "If I express any hatred toward this person, something bad will happen to them." Although not to say that isn't what I wanted in the first place, I've just come to be more aware of it. Also over the years I have trained myself to learn a very strong sense of self control until as I have said, the time is right.

I thank you Reverend for your informative response, and hope this brings some more understanding toward the matter.

Thank you and Hail Satan.

#436895 - 11/02/10 01:28 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

There is also the issue in that, I'm trying to be as secretive about all this as possible, as my line of work and the country I am temporarily residing in makes this quite a difficult task.

Well then that makes some more sense. Obviously, self-preservation should come before everything. I still think you could find some ways around this though. Keep in mind that you don't need each and every item listed in The Satanic Bible to conduct a ritual, let alone your first one. Just a black candle and a Sigil of Baphomet on the wall can be enough, and certainly better than nothing.

#436898 - 11/02/10 02:10 PM Re: A Magical Theory [Re: theTanman]
theTanman Offline

Your input is much appreciated Reverend as I have already stated time and time again. I will indeed take your advice into consideration as I am still new to all of this and understand the majority of the people I speak with on this board, more often than not, have much more experience than I.

I would AGAIN like to thank everyone for their contribution as I have only been practicing for just over half a year and there is much I have learned and much, much more I will learn in the future.

Hail Satan!

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43874 Topics
405552 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements