Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#436983 - 11/03/10 07:34 PM News on the biggest GLORY IS NOISE Yet [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

This episode has really earned a great response from listeners, and I'm really pleased with how it came out - especially since some truly impressive CoS members and endeavors are also spotlighted in the broadcast!

http://www.bravewords.com/news/149747

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#437184 - 11/07/10 11:23 PM Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Hey Tier Instinct,
I'm speaking with Martin on Wednesday. Let me know if you have any specific questions re: the Ogre album you'd like me to ask him for the show.

#437204 - 11/08/10 04:03 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

In my best Lurch - "You rang?"

PM has been sent over. Thanks for keeping me in mind. cool

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#437205 - 11/08/10 04:14 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Any time.

#437301 - 11/10/10 11:50 AM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Great news: Martin spoke at length about the Ogre album (based on YOUR question!) and assorted other things - including when we traveled the Pigface circus together (flaming crotches and all - guess you'll have to listen in to hear about that!) The episode will air on Radio Free Satan the week of November 29th - maybe a two-hour edition since there's so much we talked about. I think you'll really like the end result.
Other guests are being lined up for the show - assorted SWANS, Prong and Killing Joke types, for sure. Stay tuned!

Edited by JCLAG (11/10/10 11:51 AM)

#437344 - 11/10/10 08:18 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

I have imagined both of their responses and it will be interesting to hear what he has to say. Thanks again for presenting it. I would think that you have a books worth of material regarding the Pigface Circus. Good stuff!

I am looking forward to this one.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#437357 - 11/10/10 11:29 PM Re: Hey Tier Instinct! [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Tier Instinct
I would think that you have a books worth of material regarding the Pigface Circus.

You have no idea... smile

#437599 - 11/13/10 12:00 PM Episodes 5-8 [Re: ]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Here are the air dates/descriptions for GLORY IS NOISE for the rest of 2010:

Episode 5: Week of November 15, 2010

On this episode, Joel welcomes the legendary Gitane DeMone of Christian Death fame and her daughter Zara Kand to discuss their joint music project, The Crystelles, and other projects. The episode also includes a discussion on the 25th anniversary of the Christian Death album, "Ashes."

Episode 6: Week of November 29, 2010

On a special two-hour episode, Joel welcomes drummer, author and music business entrepreneur Martin Atkins (Ministry/ Nine Inch Nails/ Killing Joke/ PiL/ Pigface) for a lengthy talk about his career as well as some useful tips on how to survive and prosper in today's ever-evolving music industry.

Episode 7: Week of December 13, 2010

On this episode, Joel welcomes film-maker and multi-instrumentalist Troy Gregory (Prong/ Flotsam & Jetsam/ Swans/ Killing Joke/ The Witches) to discuss Troy's eclectic career. From jamming with Metallica after the death of Cliff Burton to teaching at the School of Rock, Troy offers a multitude of stories sure to enlighten adventurous music fans.

Episode 8: Week of December 27, 2010

On this episode, Joel plays songs from his picks for the Best Albums of 2010. Artists include Bad Religion, Sleigh Bells, Viv Albertine, Killing Joke, Swans and more.

Stay tuned to the Facebook Page for more news and updates.

#437603 - 11/13/10 03:07 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: JCLAG]
Fenriz Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington
Episode 6 sounds like it'll be very interesting. I'll be sure to tune in!

#437658 - 11/14/10 12:42 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: Fenriz]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Martin was superb, as always. Going to be doing some recording with him soon for Shannon's upcoming album. If you're a fan of any of his bands, the episode offers some interesting insights - especially with regards to Ministry.

#437822 - 11/16/10 12:57 PM Re: Episodes 5-8 [Re: Fenriz]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Here's a little bit of some of the stuff Martin and I cover on the November 29 episode. You don't want to miss this one - probably my favorite episode so far. Two hours of music and insights - all thanks for my friends at Radio Free Satan, who provide me with the avenue to bring this stuff to you. As always, your support of RFS is essential and appreciated.

#438884 - 11/29/10 07:52 AM Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

November 29, 2010
For Immediate Release

Former MINISTRY/NINE INCH NAILS Drummer MARTIN ATKINS Interviewed on "Glory Is Noise" Radio Show; Audio Available

On the latest episode of the Glory Is Noise online radio show, host Joel Gausten welcomes drummer, author, producer and music industry entrepreneur Martin Atkins (Ministry/Public Image Limited/Killing Joke/Nine Inch Nails/Pigface) for a lengthy discussion on Martins career as well as useful tips on how to survive and prosper in todays ever-evolving music business. In addition, the discussion explores Atkins thoughts on the recent Public Image Limited reunion tour and features a special segment in honor of late Ministry guitarist and frequent Atkins collaborator, William Tucker. The show also features music by Killing Joke, Ministry, Nine Inch Nails, Pigface and other artists from Atkins extensive discography. The two-hour episode can be listened to at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.

In addition to once participating in Atkins infamous musical project, Pigface, show host Joel Gausten served as an editor and contributor for Atkins top-selling 2007 music industry textbook, Tour: Smart, which featured contribution from 100+ music industry luminaries including Henry Rollins, Steve Albini, Warped Tour mastermind Kevin Lyman and members of the Suicide Girls. Atkins and Gausten are also set to contribute to Music Is Dead, the upcoming debut album by Effectionhate, an experimental music project fronted by multi-instrumentalist Shannon Gardner-Gausten.

Not only is Martin a friend, but hes easily one of the hardest working, most knowledgeable music industry veterans I know, Gausten says. Im delighted to have him as a guest on my show, and I know that independent creators of any kind will find tremendous value in our conversation. This is one episode of Glory Is Noise not to miss!

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

Edited by JCLAG (11/29/10 08:45 AM)

#438933 - 11/30/10 11:54 AM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Quote:
Atkins on RFS

When I saw this title, my first thought was "What? We have a new diet & nutrition show?"

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#438941 - 11/30/10 01:21 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Bill_M]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

The funny thing is that I knew somebody would say it! smile

#439144 - 12/02/10 06:54 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Bill_M]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

It's an all meat, no carbs show! crossbones

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  LKRice