Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#438365 - 11/23/10 11:21 AM Re: Psychotic and Religious [Re: Zsche]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Nibas
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Some years ago, I may have agreed with you; but, the need to demonize those unable to accept the obvious conclusions of critical thinking has been replaced by an urge to simply ignore them. That makes them go away faster.

Thank you for your input Roho. I am the first to admit there is always more to learn. I have attempted to practice disregard for these types, and at times it is sufficient. I find it difficult with the in-your-face types who make the assumption that everyone shares the same views they have especially when it involves my children.

I loathe proselytism. At times it has invoked an in-your-face response from me. This has proven to serve me well in certain situations but has also proven to alienate. Perhaps Im not being patient enough with my ignoring? Thank you for the food for thought.

Hail Satan!

Well...there are probably two types we all face when it comes to radically different ways of living one's life. There are the ass holes who always have to be right, but seem to lack any real conviction, because they aren't comfortable when anyone disagrees with them. These are the loud, obnoxious bores.

Then there are the concerned family members. As big a pain in the ass they can be, they are just that...concerned family members. They often have genuine anxiety about the well being of their son, or daughter, or other family member. Some people seem to go through a phase when they feel they are not keeping it real if they are not confrontational. It's been said on this forum many times...Satanism does not demand martyrdom. Martydom takes many forms. Cutting yourself off from the built in support of family can be one of them.

Like pretty much everybody else, I have some messed up shit happen in my life. Some of it is really scary. So, if someone tells me they are praying for me, I thank them for their concern. When I am told I really need God now, I agree with them. I do...I need Myself. Our filters can help us understand what people are really saying, even if they do not realize it. I can walk away glad that I have the...whatever...that causes me to take responsibilty for my own life, and keep important ties to boot. And there will ALWAYS be things we do not agree on...as in ANY real relationship.

This is, of course, only my opinion based on what has worked for me. Results for others will vary. Do not use this advice if you are prgnant, may become pregnant, or unsure if prgnancy will result from your last alien probe.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#438372 - 11/23/10 12:12 PM Re: Psychotic and Religious [Re: Zsche]
Genevieve Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
Originally Posted By: Nibas
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Some years ago, I may have agreed with you; but, the need to demonize those unable to accept the obvious conclusions of critical thinking has been replaced by an urge to simply ignore them. That makes them go away faster.

Thank you for your input Roho. I am the first to admit there is always more to learn. I have attempted to practice disregard for these types, and at times it is sufficient. I find it difficult with the in-your-face types who make the assumption that everyone shares the same views they have especially when it involves my children.

I loathe proselytism. At times it has invoked an in-your-face response from me. This has proven to serve me well in certain situations but has also proven to alienate. Perhaps Im not being patient enough with my ignoring? Thank you for the food for thought.

Hail Satan!

My response to the situation is more annoyed and go away. This is especially the case when the bible thumpers come to your door to solicit their holier then thou views with their little pamphlets in hand. As for proselytism it is a cancer that needs to be eradicated.

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Forum Stats
12098 Members
73 Forums
43863 Topics
405469 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements