Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#438679 - 11/26/10 04:13 PM The Devil's Guitar
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
The Devil's Guitar by Sonny Bellavance.

It has taken me a few listens before I feel I can offer a perspective on this.

I must say I still don't feel wholly qualified.

For the first few listens I can only say I was too distracted by the musical virtuosity to properly enjoy the music itself. Sonny's mastery of this flamenco/classical style is impressive to say the least.

Musically there is a medieval tone to the compositions that I find both relaxing and thought provoking.

There are many musical styles that I can sit and write to. With The Devil's Guitar I do find that I can't do that. I find myself stopping everything and just sitting in a kind of trance.

Some of the titles are deceptive in a way. I couldn't help thinking some of the composotions on the CD would sit perfectly in one of the Spaghetti Westerns.

I am trying to think how I would sum it up. There is too much depth in the music to do that simply. I can only say, I suppose, there is just such beauty in the music. And it should just be enjoyed for no other reason than that.

Once you get over been blown away by some of Sonny's fretwork, that is. Seriously, you have to get past that before you just sit and absorb the experience of the music itself.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#439097 - 12/02/10 09:28 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

I absolutely agree with your every word, Reverend.

Sonny's mastery of his craft is stunning and humbling. He is a true musician capable of producing pure awe with his talents. I recommend that all CoS members experience this CD, as it is Satanism By Example in its purest, most inspiring form. The fact that he's also one of the coolest guys on the planet only adds to the complete package. smile

Edited by JCLAG (12/03/10 09:56 AM)

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#440511 - 12/15/10 09:01 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: JCLAG]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Canada (Québec)
That's too much Sir... blush

Thanks a million!

coopdevil coopdevil coopdevil
Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Magus Peter H. Gilmore (Rebels Without Cause)

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
Folding@home Church of Satan
The Devil's Trill
Metal Invaders on Myspace
Radio Free Satan

#440512 - 12/15/10 09:05 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you so much Sir! cool

I was not online lately...As I have almost finished to learn the pieces from the first part of my second album. JSBach, Albéniz, Mudarra, Scarlatti, Torroba, Sanz and Sor are among the composers present on the first album plus others. The second part(album) will consist of compositions of your truly only...And there will be one dedicated to you!

wink A rare gift!
Here is the basic “house rule”: When members have conflicting values, they are to go their own way, not wasting energy and time sniping at the members who have selected different methods of applying Satanism to reach personal satisfaction. Quite a simple guideline, we think. However, this is too much to expect from some, usually the ones who never got Satanic Rule of the Earth number 1: “Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.”

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#440530 - 12/16/10 02:40 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
I definitly have to get me this! Where can I buy this CD?
HS!

#441204 - 12/22/10 08:28 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Venom]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Here sir, click on the link.

The Devil's Guitar

Thank you! coopdevil

HS!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#442321 - 01/07/11 09:41 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Azeri Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Hell
A guitar in the hands of Sonny Bellavance comes alive like in the hands of no other musician. He is a one of a kind master of the guitar. And the musical arrangements and sounds that come from his guitar are breathtaking and stunning and mezmerizing. Sony bends the guitar strings to make you feel what he feels and hear what he hears in his melodic and hyptnoizing CD,"The Devil's Guitar" He is a super artist and musician. I also like the art work on the cover of the CD jacket of, The Devil's Guitar.H.S.

www.vampiretemple.com

http://vampiretemple.com/vampirechallenge.html

#447659 - 03/18/11 02:47 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
dravon666 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: MN
Indulgences Is one of my favorite songs.... Amazing job

#447733 - 03/19/11 09:58 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you very much Azeri! A wonderful art work indeed, by Reverend Daniel Byrd!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#447734 - 03/19/11 10:00 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you dravon666!

I believe you will enjoy my second effort also...coming soon!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#448193 - 03/26/11 11:10 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Unknown User Offline
Banned

The Devil's Guitar certainly ranks as one of the high water marks of contemporary Satanic art. I recommend it without reservation.

Edited by Ushiwakamaru (03/26/11 11:11 PM)

#448251 - 03/28/11 04:48 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
dravon666 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: MN
Do you have a release date?
How about leaking a new track on here first?

#448499 - 04/01/11 09:17 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Thank you so very much Sir!

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#448501 - 04/01/11 09:27 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: dravon666]
Warlock Bell Offline

CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: dravon666
Do you have a release date?
How about leaking a new track on here first?

Not exactly yet. I will making you all listen to the first extract in the next coming weeks. In the member only section...one of the advantages to be one. coopdevil

Hail Satan!
Are You One Of Us?
The Devil's Trill
Radio Free Satan

#449409 - 04/13/11 07:30 PM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Paistemage Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I do love flamenco playing and classical.

Andre Segovia is one of my favorite guitar palyers. Your cd seems interesting. I'll have to check it out in the future.

#463646 - 11/09/11 09:23 AM Re: The Devil's Guitar [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Inés Offline

Loc: Germany/Spain
Dear Warlock Bell,

The guitar is my favourite instrument. Even though I listened to the previews only, I'm already in love with your music. I'm going to have to get me this.

It tickles my spanish blood.

I am always looking for music like this, as it makes a perfect background for when I paint/draw. As inspiration so to speak.

Can't wait to hear it all.

Muchas gracias, Maestro.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Quaark 

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406074 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements