Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#439414 - 12/05/10 11:51 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Direktor]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
That is a collection of asorted media reports, posted on YouTube, but initially released by CNN, ABC, and other major media channels.

#439426 - 12/05/10 03:53 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: SINClair
Here's Obama admiting [sic] to be Muslim, himself :

Um, no. That's a compilation of random clips of President Obama talking about Islam, showing that he's not completely ignorant on the topic, and additionally point out that the US isn't a Christian theocracy. I can show you speeches from George W. Bush addressing and praising the Jewish community, but that doesn't make him Jewish.

Here's a nice series on "The Art of Quote-Mining":

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#439445 - 12/05/10 08:37 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

"This would be cruel, these people suffer enough. Contraception is more humane but first hunger and poverty have to be eliminated."

Do you suspect that I mean "forced" sterilization? I say, hold the olive branch out there and if they still choose to have babies then do absolutely nothing for them. Period. Let them continue to rot in squalor.

You want to solve the end result without solving the cause, which has typified Christian charity for generations. The cause is procreation. They are overburdened populations on land that can not sustain them, this is why they are hungry and poor.

Contraception will not handle this situation and it is not our job to build their infrastructure for them.

Only sterilization will help and it is a minimal act of "good will" on our behalf which does not burden our own workers with debt.

I guarantee that a woman who gets to grow up and feed only herself, and be full for once, will be more than happy with this "cruel" act. It would be nice for the rest of us to know that some kid we paid to send to school actually got a degree instead of just making more babies.

You will then have a population that can begin to achieve a sensible infrastructure, allowing for more offspring over long periods of time. The babies that do get born will benefit from the sterile population who get to labor industriously without additional hardship.

But no, this doesn't "sound nice." Let's go teach some zonked out Africans about "abstinence." Clearly that has worked.

witch

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#439446 - 12/05/10 08:53 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Yeah, that certainly proves nothing but that he's sympathetic towards Islam (in word at least).

But it is awkward that he's named Barack Hussein Obama, was raised around Muslims, plus everything in that video. He's very distant from what we've considered a US President, discounting entirely his complexion.

I imagine national discussion would have been very different under an Alan Keyes administration. At least then we would have actually had a "black" President, eh? heh

It's kind of hard to not see why people are so riled up about him or why many people would think it's plausible that he's probably a Muslim.

Do I think he is?

I'm not sure. What I do know is if you want a man that can convince Muslims we're not bombing Islam, just terrorists, then he's probably the best for the job.

The real question is does the government work like that?

Again, I'm not sure and am not in a position to know.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#439464 - 12/05/10 11:23 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

Then you did not watch the whole thing. He says his parents are Muslim so he was raised a Muslim (and no, I don't think every child necessarily follows their parent's religion but most certainly do, and Obama only brough this subject up for one reason) his name for one is not exactly Chuck Smith, and he bows to the Muslim king, something only another Muslim would do.

#439466 - 12/06/10 12:12 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Lust]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Tier, the part of the Bible that forbids the eating of shellfish is in Deuteronomy, in the Old Testament. Later in the New Testament, Jesus (the star of the show in that part of the book) says it's perfectly OK to eat shellfish.

If you see a Jew at Red Lobster, call him a hypocrite all you like. But if someone wants to call themselves a Christian (as in a follower of Christ, aka Jesus) them eating shellfish has almost nothing to do with their religion.

If on Monday I tell my cat she can't have fish and on Friday she can, then the cat can eat fish. Simple.

One does not have to agree with either religion (Judaism or Christianity) to see the logic in that.

But really, we're Satanists. Just don't invite me to Red Lobster, I hate sea food. grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#439474 - 12/06/10 01:36 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Then you did not watch the whole thing.

I did, and it still seems like paranoid quote-mined bullshit. It's hardly the first time I've seen you post something I found to be silly, but I digress.

Quote:
and he bows to the Muslim king, something only another Muslim would do.

Last I checked, 1) Muslims are against any kind of bowing unless it's on a mat facing Mecca, 2) King Abdullah is the king of Saudi Arabia, not "the Muslim king". Is Israeli President Peres "the Judaism king"?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#439475 - 12/06/10 01:43 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I think that forcing responsibility upon people would do wonders for sorting out overpopulation. Do away with welfare. End the idea of making one country's plight an international concern. While it is unfortunate that there are people starving and suffering around the world, it's not my problem or concern. I haven't been given any special opportunities in life, yet I'm doing just fine. And if it helps to ease a mind or two, think of it this way... once they've all died off, NO MORE SUFFERING! YAY! smile

Survival of the fittest. Social Darwinism, if you will. Most people these days are not equipped with the will to survive. Furthermore, once the population has been decreased, establish policy to keep it from exploding in the future.

I'm definitely no expert on the matter. I just read a bit of this and that (Nietzsche, for example) and form opinions. I'm sure those opinions will continue to evolve in the future, as that is the beauty of learning. :P

#439476 - 12/06/10 02:04 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
If on Monday I tell my cat she can't have fish and on Friday she can, then the cat can eat fish. Simple.

One does not have to agree with either religion (Judaism or Christianity) to see the logic in that.

No, the reasoning used by most Christians for rejecting their own Bible's Levtican law is not "Because Jesus said it's OK to break it now"; they claim the death of Jesus sacrificially pays the price of having to do obey all of that. So what the "logic" actually collapses down to is: God came to earth to sacrifice himself to himself, to correct the eternal rules he established himself. The stupidity of that trumps anything I could see a Hassid doing. Levitican law may still be an outdated absurdity to those of us outside of the Abrahamic religions, but I gotta at least give Judaism points for consistency.

#439477 - 12/06/10 02:11 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Well, admittedly I haven't spent any quality time studying Levitican law. I'm definitely not in disagreement that the Bible is full of contradictions, but out of all of them I thought that the shellfish one (at the time of writing my post) was a cheap shot.

Thanks for the clarification.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#439489 - 12/06/10 04:45 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Insurgent]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Insurgent
Contraception will not handle this situation and it is not our job to build their infrastructure for them.

Only sterilization will help and it is a minimal act of "good will" on our behalf which does not burden our own workers with debt.

Sterilization also lowers the number of babies born with HIV/AIDS. Lowering health care exspenses, reducing the number of funeral home style orphanages, and redirecting funds for an improved infrastructure.

#439495 - 12/06/10 08:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

I do not know what bowing means to Muslims, I have not checked at all, but the fact is that Obama bowed to the Muslim king.

You are a very good argumentator, Mr. Bill M, a very good Devil's Advocate, however, sometimes things are more simple than that, sometimes things are just like they seem to be.

The Saudi Arabia is one of the if not the only country in the world where its population consist in its entirety of Muslims, so it could be said very much indeed that the Saudi Arabia king, is the Muslim king.... and that's my unaducated point of view but for all I know, he could be very well carrying that title officialy, as I type this, but I'll have to Google that up another time.

#439498 - 12/06/10 09:38 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

You are a very good argumentator, Mr. Bill M

Is this an invitation for him to eat potatoes with you?

The Saudi Arabia is one of the if not the only country in the world where its population consist in its entirety of Muslims, so it could be said very much indeed that the Saudi Arabia king, is the Muslim king

Like many Arab countries Saudi Arabia is officially Muslim under Sharia law, but the country with the highest Muslim population is actually Indonesia last I checked.

Even then, you couldn't call the Indonesian president the "Muslim president/king/whatevs" because he doesn't rule over all Muslims, in any sense.

I'd say being cautious towards Islam is wise, but full-blown Islamophobia always struck me as a little backwards. I mean, shit, it makes you believe in theocratic-monarch conspiracies that vaguely involve the president of the United States.

#439502 - 12/06/10 10:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
SINClair Offline

I didn't say largest Muslim population, I said Muslim in its entirety.

By the way, you have made me picture something really funny... Say Mr. Bill M, do you come here often? What are you doing on Saturday? Would you like to come eat some potatoes with me? Mashed potatoes sound good? French fries with that? Chips at noon? grin

#439505 - 12/06/10 10:37 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Nah, you just need some chocolate.....

Page 5 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements