Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#439122 - 12/02/10 03:09 PM Overpopulation?
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
There are ~7 billion people in the Earth and this number is continuously increasing. What do you think? Will we become overpopulated?

And if we get overpopulated, how can we decrease the number of us? Make laws which prohibit giving births or kill the weaks or just let them die without food? Of course there are a lot of other possibilities.

I think the ideal population would be around 1 billion. And people should have special courses that helps them with real life. Quality > Number of people.
I hope you will be interested about that topic.

#439125 - 12/02/10 03:21 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
This is a topic that has always interested me. It's one of those taboo subjects, but the simple fact is that a lot of the world's problems can be traced back to simply having too many people. Just 30 years ago we had only 4 billion people, but hey, that's the nature of exponents!

As for solutions, unfortunately I don't think there's anything both overly-simple and feasible. Part of it comes down to making economic and resource adjustments to sustain more people, but I don't see how that can be done when the population reaches numbers like 15 billion. Though the more people there are, the more it becomes statistically inevitable that natural disasters, disease, etc. will wipe out bigger populations. This makes the holy-rollers freak out and claim that it's the "end times" (as they have been claiming for the past 2000 years anyway), but it's really a matter of numbers.

I'd be interested to hear additional people's input on this.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#439128 - 12/02/10 03:34 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
MarquisDeSade Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Van Buren, AR
So, if you do the math, you can fit every person on the planet into the state of Texas, and you would have a population density equal to that of Paris, France.

Of course from the point of view of social dynamics, the population explosion is very interesting. Biologically, we are programmed to live in 50 person societys, and our bodys and minds have not really caught up to the fact that we no longer do.

-Mae West

#439134 - 12/02/10 05:16 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
It’s also interesting to note that the population expansion of many of the more developed nations seems to be leveling off and in some cases, is projected to go down in the future.

I think it’s possible that once a society (or country, if you want to divide it up that way) has reached a certain level of sophistication, then it will sort of take care of this problem of overpopulation on its own through various social and cultural changes.

It seems that people who live in very prosperous nations don’t always seem as eager to have kids, have as many of them, and they tend to have access to better means of contraception.

If you live in a poor rural community, with a high mortality rate and need any extra family hands to help you work your farm, then having a larger family makes more sense. However, this is not the situation or culture of many parts of the world now and the more “modern”, financially prosperous and urbanized the world becomes, the more we can expect to see a shift in priorities when it comes to people having children.

Ironically, the attitudes that many in the past would refer to as “selfish, shallow or indulgent” that we see coming from contemporary individuals who would rather have fun and spend money on themselves, than start a family; might just end up saving the world! wink

#439135 - 12/02/10 05:36 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Forever West
To paraphrase the good Doktor, "To get rid of the problem, we must understand that you need to get rid of the people."

Would today's population of close to 7 billion already be considered overpopulation? What number would be the marker?

Here is another problem: Will the advancement and displacement of technology be able to curb the problem of a rapidly growing population?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#439137 - 12/02/10 05:48 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: MarquisDeSade]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes, yes. That is the same kind of statement as the one about garbage. “The trash output of the United States could fill only 1/4 that of Wyoming.”

I think I heard this from a few people. I remember Penn and Teller saying the same thing on their Bullshit show. Perhaps it was a different state they used as an example. But the argument is stupid.

Even if you could fit the entire human population into Texas and have the same density as Paris (I would like to see the calculations done by a real theorist on this and not an uneducated comment pasted down from person to person), it still doesn’t curtail the problem of a rapid growing population and its effects on the environment, its own resources, and its own social conflicts. All it does is give a vague reason for apathy instead of serious investigation.

Even if that comment was accurate, when should civilization take it seriously?

"At last I shall have time to devote myself seriously and freely to the destruction of all my former opinions." ~Descartes

“The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool.” ~Richard Feynman

#439145 - 12/02/10 06:55 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

I see the outcome as less of a Malthusian disaster in the sense of cataclysms and worldwide starvation to death, and more like Soylent Green - a slow suffocation under the weight of an increasing population. Quality of life will slide until finally everyone is barely getting by.

I have no idea if it will or can be headed off at equilibrium before it gets that bad. We've managed to stave off disaster a few times, often with key inventions or discoveries that permitted us to break through the previous ceiling, but obviously that has to have a logical limit.

But if you ask me, we're already drastically overpopulated. Humans are a plains predator, and comparing to other plains predators (such as big cats, canids, etc) that should suggest that our natural environment is one with a wide territory shared by a relatively small population, not a hive. Indeed it seems many of our social ills are caused by attempting to live in such close quarters. Even if the maximum possible population with miracle science of the 25th century or whatever came to something absurd like 100 billion people, would you really want to live in that kind of world?

#439147 - 12/02/10 07:09 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Actually the number of people increases due to the development of civilisation. We live longer now and are more healthy. The European governments are concerned about the ageing problem. There are more old people than newborn children and some economists, at least in Poland, worry that the pension system will collapse.

I don't wonder that people, more and more often, don't want to have many children. Children are expensive and require a lot of attention. The families with three or more children have a hard time in Poland, as the government doesn't give a damn about them. Of course, there are lots of promises and beautiful words that children are our future and so on. However, the fact is that pregnant women and women with newborn babies have numerous difficulties at work and still there are financial problems to cope with as bringing up a child costs a lot in our country.

#439155 - 12/02/10 08:33 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Riddles Offline

Loc: Maryland

In another skit, he pointed to an audience member who admitted to having a vasectomy, and said something to the effect of "Next time you get a great parking space, thank that guy." Haha.

"Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

#439157 - 12/02/10 08:50 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Original Sly Offline

Loc: New Zealand
Your post makes no sense. You say,

Quote:
Actually the number of people increases due to the development of civilisation. We live longer now and are more healthy.

But then you go on to say,

Quote:
There are more old people than newborn children and some economists, at least in Poland, worry that the pension system will collapse.

If there are more old people than newborn children, then there are less new humans being introduced into the system. As people age, yet an equal number of newborns aren't introduced to replace the ones who die, the population won't increase. It will decrease slowly.

I don't understand why you're talking economics. How an aging population is supported financially isn't the same thing as discussing overpopulation.

We should really be concentrating on what the more versed members of this board are talking about which is overpopulation in the Third World and vast numbers of them immigrating to our countries. If we don't stop them breeding like fuckin' rabbits, or a Multhusian check doesn't happen at a level that'll drop their population, we're all going to be brown. Fuck that.

#439164 - 12/02/10 09:51 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Original Sly]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Original Sly
If there are more old people than newborn children, then there are less new humans being introduced into the system. As people age, yet an equal number of newborns aren't introduced to replace the ones who die, the population won't increase. It will decrease slowly.

Exactly, and although that may put a temporary strain on the economic side of things (it could lead to greater economic prosperity later), it's very good for countering overpopulation.

Edited by John Prophet (12/02/10 09:53 PM)

#439169 - 12/02/10 10:40 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Discipline]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: Discipline
Will the advancement and displacement of technology be able to curb the problem of a rapidly growing population?

Genetically altered, vaccine resistant, weaponized anthrax would definitely curb a growing population... SCIENCE!!!
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#439173 - 12/02/10 11:10 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Kind Offline

Loc: Paris of the West
Tokyo highrises, more underground living literally as Toronto where possible would make enough room for all here. Restored urban districts avoiding sprawl and using farmland for as such instead some now vacant , we need more forests to make water through rain and snow. Sick notions of killing people en masse make other problems as what to do with piles of people besides make new bricks. Restore and do not hurt the help.

More trees than people.

#439178 - 12/03/10 12:26 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
ookiesoup Offline

Loc: N. Y. USA
How many dinosuars were on this planet when they got wiped out? Don't worry ---- when earth gets bored with us, there'll be scarcely anyone left, and the earth will go on as it always has! skull skull skull

#439185 - 12/03/10 01:17 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
The human race is self-cleansing.

As per the Futurist Manifesto: war is the world's only hygiene.

If we hadn't already had WW1 & WW2 we would already be at a far worse point in population numbers.

We are overdue. And I suspect the next world war will be significant in cleansing the world.

Personally, I hate it. There's just so many of them I can't get away for more than ten minutes. The stench of them is so bad I can taste them on my tongue. Great roving tides of stupid, stinking, worthless people. A great swathe of uselessness.

Edited by Rev_Strongbone (12/03/10 01:21 AM)

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#439187 - 12/03/10 01:25 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
war is the world's only hygiene.

I disagree. Unless of course "war" includes those nasty little viruses that cause people to break into cold sweats while shitting out their intestines into the toilet while vomiting the rest of themselves onto the floor resulting in a horrifyingly painful death.

Actually, I think that is sufficiently terrible to qualify as "war". grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#439191 - 12/03/10 02:08 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: NapalmNick
Unless of course "war" includes those nasty little viruses that cause people to break into cold sweats while shitting out their intestines into the toilet while vomiting the rest of themselves onto the floor resulting in a horrifyingly painful death.

Oh, that's war alright. It's been said that those nasty little viruses aren't capable of completely exterminating a population (yet) but they can crash it. Stabilize those suckers, make them stronger, aim, shoot. Significantly reduce numbers and leave structures standing for the survivors. People wouldn't even know they were sick until their insides started to liquefy.

Humans are remarkably good at destroying themselves. They don't wash their hands, they can't read safety precautions, they don't finish taking their antibiotics, they don't vaccinate their kids, and they nuke their neighbors into oblivion and leave the rest sterile or having babies with third eyes and arms growing out of their foreheads.

So, see? We have nothing to worry about. grin
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#439196 - 12/03/10 04:15 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
SatAnonymous Offline

It seems overpopulation cannot be avoided. Of course the number of old people are more than the younger ones, but what ages do we speak about?
A "child"'s age is maximum ~18 years old, but old ones can be ~60-100. So the number of the years are doubled. It's a bit confusing. Some pages say ~27 people born in 10 second while ~18 die. Maybe that is pointless to speak about old/young ones. Both need a lot of food/places...etc.

I just started to think about a modern solution. What about the virtual realities that you can control through your brain? Imagine a building where people just lay and they get food and etc. by computers while they live in a virtual world. They will be totally healthy because that computers would know what we really need to live for a very long time.
Why would it be good? Because people need less space if they just always stay in one room for a whole life.
It may sound strange, but if we continue the develop of the computers (of course we do) we'll be able to do many more things, even to control brain and feelings...etc.
I imagine it like Ghost In The Shell or Matrix.

But what happens if we really overpopulate and don't have the technology and enough resources..etc for this virtual world? Only the strong will survive? I think yes.

#439200 - 12/03/10 05:34 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
A very interesting topic which many politicians and christians are ill equiped to find a solution for.

The Australian Government proved their ignorance about 6 or 7 years ago when they introduced the 'baby bonus' where women were paid up to $5000 when they had their baby. When they ended it a couple of years ago the concluding comment from the treasurer at the time was that the baby bonus policy did everything it intended by successfully increasing the birth rate and population of Australia. I thought it had been introduced to support newborns financially not to increase the voting population of future governments!!!

As l grew up we all noticed that catholic families always had the most children and it was always explained that the catholic church encouraged large families as it meant they got more money per family in the collection plate and it kept the Catholic churches full!!!

I also think that we could easily consider the world 'overpopulated' already. If our world is dying under the current population levels how can it handle more?

Films like Soylent Green could become reality, somebody made a film in 1973 about "a dystopian future suffering from pollution, overpopulation, depleted resources, poverty, dying oceans and a hot climate due to the greenhouse effect".

Anonymous1, have you ever watched The Surrogate with Bruce Willis in it? Your comments in your last post made me think of it. What about the virtual realities that you can control through your brain? Imagine a building where people just lay and they get food and etc. by computers while they live in a virtual world.

Has anyone ever seen the film IDIOCRACY with Luke Wilson? That is one scenario l hope never comes close.
A narrator explains that natural selection is indifferent to intelligence, so that in a society in which intelligence is consistently debased, stupid, irresponsible people easily out-breed the intelligent, creating, over the course of five centuries, an irremediably dim and sexually motivated dystopia. Demographic superiority favours those least likely to advance society. Consequently, the children of the educated élites are drowned in a sea of promiscuous, illiterate, proletarian peers.

Sometimes films can be silly but some of the underlying thoughts behind them are major. I wonder if poeple get these ideas but feel they can't influence those in control so they make a film to send messages to the general public... where the majority continue on their stupid and ignorant way, never thinking of what it all means.

Or l think too deeply and they really are purely for entertainment purposed only. Too bad, l still love watching films.

Hail Satan!
Damn overpopulation of our world!
Midnight

#439201 - 12/03/10 06:08 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Let nature take care of overpopulation!

I use to have a lot of answers to this question, but the more I analyse, the more blurred the answers is.

#439208 - 12/03/10 08:40 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
Originally Posted By: Anonymous1
What about the virtual realities that you can control through your brain?

Interesting... It just occurred to me that such an environment could be a way to fulfill both point 4 and 5 of Pentagonal Revisionism. As Midnight mentioned - Surrogates was an interesting film.

Another thing I find interesting with the timing of this thread is that my son's homework assignment for "Health Class" last night was to ask his parents how we would respond if he came home and told us that he had impregnated his girlfriend. My response was that this scenario would not be possible because he was aware of how to use contraception, and that he was intelligent enough to know how to prevent it from happening.

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#439217 - 12/03/10 10:40 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: MarquisDeSade]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Quote:
So, if you do the math, you can fit every person on the planet into the state of Texas, and you would have a population density equal to that of Paris, France.

Sorry to be a bit pedantic here, but I'm one of those people who when somebody says, "If you do the math...", I actually do the math.

The state of Texas has a total area of 268,581 square miles. The United States Census Bureau estimates the current world population at 6,885,300,000 people. So in this scenario, you'd have a population density of about 25,636 people per square mile, or a little less than half the population density of Paris. So at least driving wouldn't be an exercise in futility like it is in Paris. wink

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#439219 - 12/03/10 10:52 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I am probably the least qualified to post anything meaningful on this topic. I haven't done the math. I'm not an economist, environmentalist or social scientist. But what I am is someone who has lived through so many "the sky is falling" scenerios I have gotten a lot more comfortable with the idea that things tend to work out. I honestly can't help but think the "problem of overpopulation" is as much hot air as global warming. For all of the damage we have supposedly done to the planet, our health and all the children we are constantly reminded tothink of, I can't think of any other period in history when so many have had it so good. But if there ever does come a time when we get too close to too many, you can thank a natural disaster that we are told to feel bad about.

Just my uneducated opinion.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#439225 - 12/03/10 11:40 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Virus9]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

http://www.citymayors.com/statistics/largest-cities-density-125.html

Imagine the amount of land needed for agriculture to feed this Texas megatropolis. Consider how much land is currently used on Earth today to feed the current planet's population (which isn't even sufficient). Then consider waste management.

I would say Paris and Tokyo are good examples of cities doing it right with their given populations. But even then there are resources problems, water purification issues, and social ills that come with urban planning. These things can only be sustained for so long before there is a cap limit. Atlanta has a water supply problem, Southern California has large droughts, and coastal areas off the Gulf Coast sustain more damage from hurricanes because of population growth. And these are modern cities with modern systems, I would dread living in the US if it reached India’s population.

Sure we could squeeze everyone on the planet into Texas and pretend it would function like Paris. But it is far more complicated than that.

Like I said, it is similar to saying you could shove all the trash in the world into Montana and forget about it, but that isn’t a solution and neither does it solve a growing problem.

Of course I don’t have a solution. So let’s get a pint.

#439226 - 12/03/10 11:51 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Now, now. Global warming isn't a doomsday scenario, but calling it "hot air" is a silly oversimplification. In fact it is an uneducated comment (but you said your post was an uneducated opinion, so no biggie).

You may never see overpopulation affect you or even global warming yet there could be a boiling point in the future you and I may never see.

In fact both of these looming topics are self-correcting problems. Meaning, once humans have died off everything will go back to normal. Until then dedicated people should be devoting real research into these topics and avoiding hyperbolic guess work.

You are making a connection to two different issues. The standard health levels of modern nations have greatly improved. That is a good thing. But say you lived in India your children might not have it so good. The technological progress of our medical system is very different than say the imprint of human actions onto a global system. Too many people make this error in connecting these two different issues.

P.S. I realize global warming is a hot topic here that pushes people's buttons, but I am not about to let that stop my own research into it to form my opinions.

#439228 - 12/03/10 12:30 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
theTanman Offline

I have often thought about this topic. I always find it ending in War. The "men of god" in their holy, self denying white light religions, ultimately want to go to heaven with sound peace of mind in their death. What better way to accomplish this then, "dieing for your country" for a cause they more often than not, never questioned.

Hitler did a good job in exterminating the Jews in his days, and I have noticed that in these times, you really don't see many practicing Judaism, or have forgotten that the "Jews" aren't a race. When's the last time you heard of a group of people saying "I can't wait for Hanukkah!" ? Personally, I never have. At least not while I was in America.

Recently, there is the "war on Terror" and all that good stuff. In my opinion it is aimed at the Muslims, which really wasn't a huge problem. They are all too quick to strap a bomb to THEMSELVES, trying to take any American Christian soldiers with them in the process, and the scum Americans (not to say all of us are, just the scum that join the military, gung-ho on death dealing) have never had a second doubt about shooting Muslim women and children, and even in the early stages of this current "war" I personally know individuals who take pride in the fact they could barrel down the streets of Baghdad and plow through any number of people, all for the sake of "God", their country, or just plain fun. (This makes me more than sick to my stomach that I even know these people, even though it's not by choice, never mind the fact that they are still alive, and praised for these disgusting crimes against life.)

Back to another point addressed in the previous paragraph Muslims killing themselves and Christians. Two birds with one stone? Sounds too good to be true to me HAH! I would think one of two things would happen within the next 150 years, the Muslims end up like the Jews, and the remaining ones are so Americanized they can barely consider themselves Muslims anymore (thus possibly leading to them saying Muslim or Islam is a race rather than religion) and thus, Christianity/the remainder of the predominant "Holy" religions, being the last and final target, in depopulating the world of "religious scum" with another very very large scale war. The second thing that I speculate could happen, is the "Two Birds" scenario, in which, Muslims and Christians suffer a HUGE depopulation, because of the way they fight one another. Christian: "I will die for my country" Muslim: "I will take as many as I can to Heaven with me", I would think that this scenario would result in leaving enough Goodguy Badge holders, to still be manipulated, so that the Satanists can actually advance society and mankind, without the hindrance of "Holy" predominance in the world.

This is all mostly based on my personal opinions and speculation and if there is something inherently "wrong" in my thinking or speculation, please, point it out. I do know this though for sure. In "The Satanic Rituals", in the writing regarding the Yezidis, the Al-Jilwah, on page 168, a few words jumped out at me one of which is and I quote,
"I will not give my rights to other gods. I have allowed the creation of four substances, four times, and four corners, because they are necessary things for creatures. The books of
Jews, Christians, and Moslems, as of those who are without,
accept in a sense, so far as they agree with, and conform
to, my statutes. Whatsoever is contrary to these they have
altered; do not accept it. Three things are against me, and I
hate three things."

The part I personally agree with, is something I have felt my whole life, I hate those three religions. Not to say ALL of the practitioners are wrong or bad, but the people I have hated most, in my existence, were one of those three religions. I do not take this section in The Satanic Rituals to be the literal "words from the evil horned devil himself", as the only Devil I have ever seen, is that handsome one in the mirror.

Well in a few words, its "God" versus the "Devil", there will be wars, but the "Devil" fights from the shadows, or something to that effect. Like I said, this is a subject I have over analyzed, almost as long as I can remember and have many thoughts regarding it.

Hail Satan.

#439232 - 12/03/10 12:58 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

In summary, and without concealing the truth:

White people are breeding less and less. European countries are largely aging populations.

Black and brown people however are breeding like cockroaches.

I make no particular implication with this statement, only citing the facts. Africa and S. America, and parts of Asia, are becoming drastically overpopulated, and white populations in western nations are slowing down while immigrants breed vigorously.

#439233 - 12/03/10 01:04 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
If only they had more condoms in places like Africa. You know, safe reliable birth control for overpopulated regions also afflicted with AIDS and the like. Wouldn't that be nice? I wonder who's halting that particular fragment of progress...

#439247 - 12/03/10 02:17 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Discipline]
Virus9 Offline
CoS Priest

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Sure we could squeeze everyone on the planet into Texas and pretend it would function like Paris.

I never meant to imply it would. In fact it would make Delhi in the midst of the Commonwealth Games look like a paradise in a side by side comparison.

What I'm saying is that Texas only accounts for a little over 2% of the planet's habitable surface area. In other words, we are in no imminent danger of the world's population being stacked on top of one another like cords of firewood.

You mention Paris and Tokyo as examples of cities that are effectively adapting to their growing populations. As such they also act as proving grounds for strategies that will have to be adapted for more cities in the future.

Of course these strategies are only a means to forestall the inevitable. Populations will continue to grow until they can no longer do so, then they will shrink. Then they'll develop new strategies to continue growing. That's pretty much how it's been going for the whole of human history, and I expect that's how it will continue to go for some time to come.

It's a little early in my day for a pint, sir, but I'll toast you with my Dr. Pepper. wink

"Recognize the phrase 'national interest' as a synonym for 'self-interest' and you will find no moral obstacle that cannot be removed from the highway of ambition."
-Lewis Lapham

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-Winston Churchill

#439251 - 12/03/10 02:34 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Discipline]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Originally Posted By: Discipline
P.S. I realize global warming is a hot topic here that pushes people's buttons, but I am not about to let that stop my own research into it to form my opinions.

I would hope not. What fun would it be if everyone were interested in the same things, and agreed all the time.

I could use more study in the topic at hand; but, I probably know more about it than I think. What gets me is that populations are growing in already heavily populated areas. I imagine that the actual land mass inhabited by humans may be less than many think. I've been told that I live in the most densely populated state in the US. Funny...most of the population is in a fairly small area of the state. I live not far from some woods that one can still get lost in. The population of my town is growing more rapidly than the amount of new homes being built. A large percentage of people live on pretty much the same amount of land as when it was less densily populated. So I'm not sure we are running out of land.

As for natural resources...again, there are reasons other than population that play a larger role. Politics, for one. I'm told there are tons of unused food that has been sent to certain areas because of politics. I may have been misled.

I also understand that most populations are having less children. That may not bring about zero population growth; but it does slow down the exponential factor.

All of these larger issues have so many factors that the best we can hope for is to form our own opinions based on the information we have, keep an open mind in the scientific sense and go from there. It just seems that when I hear a crisis gain popularity, there always seems to be a hook. Someone is making money. That doesn't mean there is no substance to the claims. It just makes me skeptical.

#439262 - 12/03/10 05:38 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Africa and S. America, and parts of Asia, are becoming drastically overpopulated, and white populations in western nations are slowing down while immigrants breed vigorously.

I’m still of the opinion that those Africa, S. America, and Asia countries that you are talking about, will eventually follow the trends set by white/western nations as they become more urbanized and economically prosperous. I see this idea of populations slowing down their breeding as being a natural, reactionary step in this social/economic progression.

Since many of the more well developed nations, from many parts of Europe, to the U.S., to Japan are experiencing this leveling off or even drop in population, then I must conclude that this is a natural result of the type of culture which pragmatically arises from such developed environments. In many ways, this makes perfect sense (better means of birth control and less desire to take on the responsibility of having children do to various selfish motivations, convenience and general quality of life).

It’s just that some countries are behind others in this because their environments haven’t changed enough or for long enough to bring about this cultural shift. The more westernized some of those African, Asian and South American countries become, the more they will take on the reproductive characteristics of western countries since that will be the most pragmatic and convenient thing to do in adapting to their new culture, social and economic environment.

Of course this kind of thing will take some time, but I think that it will happen at a relatively accelerated or exponential rate compared to what we have seen so far.

Or, to really simplify things, overpopulation will work itself out in a fairly non-dramatic way.

#439265 - 12/03/10 06:13 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Virus9]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes, definitely.

A toast with Dr. Pepper it is!

#439266 - 12/03/10 06:21 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

Yes, I agree. We are not running out of land. There is plenty. But the issue then becomes do we want more land devoted to housing people and feeding people? I sure don't. I like spaces that I can run and hide from it all.

And yes again. Politics plays a major role in food resources and how they are displaced. The real question is should it be given out in charity or horded for those who live in privileged conditions? That is a question I am not certain on and neither can make a moral or economic decision about.

>>I also understand that most populations are having less children. That may not bring about zero population growth; but it does slow down the exponential factor.

This one I am not sure is correct. I think modern nations are having lower child births, but having an increase in immigration. Other parts, such as South America, Asia (minus Japan), and Africa are having a large problem with birth rates in comparison to housing, food, and employment.

>>All of these larger issues have so many factors that the best we can hope for is to form our own opinions based on the information we have, keep an open mind in the scientific sense and go from there. It just seems that when I hear a crisis gain popularity, there always seems to be a hook. Someone is making money. That doesn't mean there is no substance to the claims. It just makes me skeptical.

See, now this I think is a rational approach.

#439269 - 12/03/10 06:45 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Delta]
anna Offline

Quote:
If only they had more condoms in places like Africa.

One Ugandan doctor said: If a man's shirt is torn, you can be sure his condom is torn, too. If people live in extreme poverty they will not think of contraception. Often they just don't care what will happen to their kids.

Children are valued in African countries mainly because they help with domestic and agricultural work. Generally, people tend to have more children if they live in the country, because the more hands there are to work the better. In towns people have a different mentality as they are mainly consumers, they receive income for their work. Children are completely dependent on their parents and they do not contribute to the wealth of the family.

#439270 - 12/03/10 06:45 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Discipline Offline
CoS Warlock

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overpopulation

"Concern about overpopulation is relatively recent in origin. Throughout history, populations have grown slowly despite high birth rates, due to the population-reducing effects of war, plagues and high infant mortality. During the 750 years before the Industrial Revolution, the world's population hardly increased, remaining under 250 million.[11]

By the beginning of the 19th century, the world population had grown to a billion individuals, and intellectuals such as Thomas Malthus and physiocratic economists predicted that mankind would outgrow its available resources, since a finite amount of land was incapable of supporting an endlessly increasing population. Mercantillists argued that a large population was a form of wealth, which made it possible to create bigger markets and armies."

#439273 - 12/03/10 08:09 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: anna
If people live in extreme poverty they will not think of contraception. Often they just don't care what will happen to their kids.

Now I wonder why they don't think to use condoms? Maybe because your fuhrer is lying to them. No, no that can't be it. It must be because they don't care about their kids. You guys have been a great inspiration for them- Save the sperm, forget the kids. Use 'em as slave labor and if they don't obey, stone them like the bible says. I'd sooner trust my offspring to the african slave trade than one of your priests anyhow...

#439293 - 12/03/10 11:51 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
There are plans in the works to solve the problem of overpopulation, but they are not overtly talked about.

One of those is United Nations Agenda 21 for sustainable development. This includes biodiversity and keeping people from developing all the land on the whole planet.

There are some people such as us that have become used to a lifestyle that uses more resources per person than most people live like in the rest of the world. I do not want to go down in living standards to support more people on this planet, and I'm sure that many others feel the same way.

Nature will solve the problem if we do not, or it might be a one world government that solves the overpopulation, or WWIII.

Only time will show how it plans out, and WikiLeaks might give us more insight on this as well.

#439314 - 12/04/10 02:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: John Prophet]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

That's very optimistic, but I disagree.

First, the US has one of the lowest population densities in the west, especially if you discount countries with vast tracts of uninhabitable artic tundra (namely Canada and Russia). So to say that urbanization helps, isn't really upheld. Especially as some of the shittiest nations on earth have extremely high population densities (Bangladesh?).

Second, many of these nations now have access to modern technology, but fail to put it to the same use. Indeed, the population problem is caused in part by our attempts to spring this technology on an ignorant and backwards populace. As it turns out, Kipling's idea of the White Man's Burden was quite stupid, not because of some PC anti-racist bullshit but because we tried that and it has failed miserably.

Third, I would say that many of the countries in question have reached a point of no recovery. The real key is education - western nations have an educated populace that is equipped to deal with technology. But how the fuck are you gonna educate millions upon millions upon millions of people who are scarcely literate, if that? You won't, there isn't enough manpower and money in the world to provide education to that many people even if they were motivated to learn, which is doubtful itself.

Fourth, culture is proving to be more insularized that we like to think. Sure, cultures soak up all kinds of things through contact, but they also retain their fundamental traits often in spite of the sometimes major changes that come about from such contact. Sometimes this works fine; Japan has formed a coherent, self-sustaining culture after modernization yet retains a very, very different culture from the west. Often, however, it doesn't seem to work out at all. Arab countries have certainly soaked up lots of western ways after acquiring wealth through oil, but it hasn't really worked out quite so well for them, has it?

Finally, there remains the fundamental fact that certain regions are fucked in terms of natural resources. The US is powerful for a number of reasons, and not least among them is uncontested control of a continent rich in resources. Europe is economically potent due to millenia of technological advancement and terraforming, and the fact that Europe has a pretty damn nice climate overall. When you compare the agricultural potential of Germany or France or the US to Somalia or Iran or Indonesia, etc etc, it becomes obvious who is going to do better. Fine farmland means plenty of food, food means leisure, leisure means education and technology which means power and wealth and comfort.

Japan would look like an exception to the above statement, but compare to New York City - NYC is an economically powerful "region" but it's entirely dependent on the rest of the nation to allow that, much as Japan depends on the rest of the world for import/export, to a degree much greater than most developed nations. To put it another way, it is one viable economic solution but it's also an exception and limited one. New York City works fine as a part of the greater US, but the US could only support so many cities of that kind (and indeed several such cities are now impoverished, such as Detroit, Cleveland, etc). So it is with the world; we can handle having Japan, but it seems doubtful that you could just turn every region devoid of stores of natural resources into an industrial and commercial powerhouse of that kind.

As for why white folks (and I do mean white folks, because even within western nations, non-whites tend to breed a hell of a lot more) are breeding less and less...good question. I could speculate that white culture has simply reached a degree of individual selfishness that we now consider quality of life a greater concern than reproduction, which is quite a feat when you think about it. But that's idle speculation, and I doubt if anyone has a definitive answer.

#439319 - 12/04/10 04:08 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
As for why white folks (and I do mean white folks, because even within western nations, non-whites tend to breed a hell of a lot more) are breeding less and less...good question. I could speculate that white culture has simply reached a degree of individual selfishness that we now consider quality of life a greater concern than reproduction, which is quite a feat when you think about it. But that's idle speculation, and I doubt if anyone has a definitive answer.

Indeed Priest Hagen von Tronje -

Originally Posted By: Anonymous1
And if we get overpopulated, how can we decrease the number of us?

Selective Cannibalism?

Couldn't certain responses of this thread be interpreted as the practical application of Pentagonal Revisionism point #1 by those who may or may not be psychotic and religious?

My curiosity overwhelms me...

You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#439320 - 12/04/10 04:26 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Midnight]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
Originally Posted By: Midnight

The Australian Government proved their ignorance about 6 or 7 years ago when they introduced the 'baby bonus' where women were paid up to $5000 when they had their baby. When they ended it a couple of years ago the concluding comment from the treasurer at the time was that the baby bonus policy did everything it intended by successfully increasing the birth rate and population of Australia. I thought it had been introduced to support newborns financially not to increase the voting population of future governments!!!

I thought this a rather cynical attempt at providing future support for the aging population.
The general consensus is that it increased the population of the lower socio-economic class and sales of bigscreen TVs.

#439321 - 12/04/10 04:28 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Those are all very good points and I appreciate your explanation. You brought up some things that hadn’t occurred to me.

“Fine farmland means plenty of food, food means leisure, leisure means education and technology which means power and wealth and comfort.”

This was probably the biggest problem in what I was thinking. Although I understood most of this chain of thought, I hadn’t factored in the “farmland” aspect of it. I was working under the assumption that food scarcity wasn’t actually the issue and it was just a matter of the economics of shipping it to some of these places and storing it. Basically, I thought the problem was not so much a lack of food or ability to produce enough food (globally) but a lack of money in certain regions, to have that food imported. Though looking at now, I can see how I may have been mistaken.

And as you stated, that is what would lead to the leisure and prosperity necessary for what I was talking about.

“I could speculate that white culture has simply reached a degree of individual selfishness that we now consider quality of life a greater concern than reproduction, which is quite a feat when you think about it.”

I tend to believe that this is the case and although it may not be possible to do, it would certainly be nice if we could get other cultures to adopt the same mentality.

“So it is with the world; we can handle having Japan, but it seems doubtful that you could just turn every region devoid of stores of natural resources into an industrial and commercial powerhouse of that kind.”

I guess I was working under the assumption that this type of industrial and commercial growth was the eventual destiny of most major cities and highly populated areas around the globe. But now that I think about it, that isn’t necessarily the case at all.

“The real key is education - western nations have an educated populace that is equipped to deal with technology.”

In a way, this parallels something that Nick said earlier in this thread-
“This is why I think assimilation into a secular and science-friendly culture is key.”

“Fourth, culture is proving to be more insularized that we like to think. Sure, cultures soak up all kinds of things through contact, but they also retain their fundamental traits often in spite of the sometimes major changes that come about from such contact.”

I don’t entirely agree with this. I don’t think it’s just a matter of “contact” or one culture rubbing off on another, it’s a necessary and pragmatic adaptation to a change in the social (and in the case of urbanization, physical) environment, based on economics and convenience. The environment dictates that people act a certain way and they will naturally adapt and over time, change their behavior based on that.

I don’t see any reason why, if given enough time and exposure to the right environment, the rest of the world wouldn’t began acting in a way that we see westerners acting now. It may take a couple of generations but there’s no reason to think that it’s impossible. Change the environment, material trappings, conveniences and options, and you can change the culture.

An example of this might be a developing nation that suddenly has a bunch of American fast food chains spring up within it. Something like that will change the physical landscape of the country as well as what people eat, and how they buy their food. It will also change their employment experiences. It could also affect how they view money or the value of the food that they order. And all of those things could lead to other, secondary changes in how people do things and view things. Other industries will spring up in response to these changes. The first generation that grows up in that environment could be radically different, in many ways, from the generation before them.

I honestly don’t know how realistic or unrealistic it would be to modernize a much greater portion of world, but I do agree that I was being a little optimistic.

Edited by John Prophet (12/04/10 05:13 AM)

#439344 - 12/04/10 02:38 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
The Muslim are out-breeding every other race-religion-nationality-culture put together. Within a couple of decades, every single human in the planet will be a Muslim and as soon as that happens, they will all commit a mass suicide so they can all be in paradise with their Allah.

It is the transgression of mankind to its destruction, as once predicted the Greek philosopher, Aristotle.

#439353 - 12/04/10 03:55 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
SatAnonymous Offline

Originally Posted By: SINClair
The Muslim are out-breeding every other race-religion-nationality-culture put together. Within a couple of decades, every single human in the planet will be a Muslim and as soon as that happens, they will all commit a mass suicide so they can all be in paradise with their Allah.

It is the transgression of mankind to its destruction, as once predicted the Greek philosopher, Aristotle.

Isn't it a conspiracy theory? And as I heard it's about Europe only.
Humanity was different thousand years ago: people's lifespan, capacity, thoughts...etc. We just change our 'forms'. Every newborn is a copy. And copies are different always. Human now is not the human thousand years ago. Also we have the constructive side for balance too (more in women), not only the destructive (more in men). As a result, I think we won't destroy our race, but once we may run out of resources or something 'bigger' will (no more Sun or meteors...etc).

Overpopulation will not kill humanity, but decrease our life's quality.

Edited by Anonymous1 (12/04/10 03:57 PM)

#439357 - 12/04/10 04:44 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Delta]
anna Offline

Quote:
Now I wonder why they don't think to use condoms? Maybe because your fuhrer is lying to them.

Oh I forgot. The pope forbids using condoms. So every night our guys check under the bed if the pope isn't hiding there. If he isn't, they can go on using condoms and doing other things. But seriously speaking, are these people kids? Don't they have their own reason? In the article, you posted, we can read that most of them don't agree with the pope's words, so probably they don't care about contraception because they have other problems.

As regards these young victims of priests, I just wonder where their parents were. Because most of them had parents. Do you need extremely high IQ to learn that your kid is being raped? The sad truth is that some people are only good at producing children, as it doesn't require too much effort, but they are less skilled in bringing them up. So they hope that the Country or the Church will take care of their offspring.

In the poor and overpopulated regions of the world people have sex and give birth to lots of children because they are used to it. It is natural and they do it without thinking. If they can't afford to feed their children, they just hope that the problem will solve itself. And even if their kids die so what? Many people die there from famine so they are used to death.

#439359 - 12/04/10 05:02 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Agreed to some extent on the last bit, there are animals that reproduce in numbers and hope a couple live, and there are animals that produce a few offspring and protect them. But the rest of what you wrote...

The Pope might not be hiding under your bed but God sees all, doesn't he? And the Pope is his official spokesperson. You've proven a most unCatholic sort of Catholic so it doesn't surprise me you ignore the Vicar of Christ when it suits you. I wonder why you consider yourself a Catholic at all when you shuffle off your state of grace so often. Now don't get me wrong, the less Christian you are the more respect you have from me, but it comes at the cost of some hypocrisy. Why call yourself one when you constantly defend against its tenets?

You read the article so you know Benny is out there fanning the flames in the wrong direction. Don't make apathy from the idiots he evangelizes to out to be their salvation- If they survive and prosper only because they ignore your man in the tall hat, maybe they'd do even better if he cut the act altogether and left them alone. But no, they need Jesus don't they? Because the word of God has made Liberia so much nicer than the rest of Africa.

I find your comments on the parents to be all the more offensive, but will not discuss that topic here any more.

Edited by Delta (12/04/10 05:48 PM)
Edit Reason: couple snips

#439361 - 12/04/10 05:31 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: munt]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
The general consensus is that it increased the population of the lower socio-economic class and sales of bigscreen TVs.

Yes, this is what actually happened but not what the government reports on!

I don't understand the Australian Governments goals (or any government for that matter). Australia does have a lot of good habitable land but people are not encouraged to live in country regions as the governments concentrate services to city regions only. In the South West of Victoria so many public services have been closed down over the last 10 years and teenagers are still drawn to the big cities. It suits me fine, despite growing up in Melbourne and even after visiting NYC and loving the crowds, l also love the country town l live in now and the less than 1000 population it has.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#439365 - 12/04/10 06:28 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Delta]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Delta
Now don't get me wrong, the less Christian you are the more respect you have from me, but it comes at the cost of some hypocrisy.

I am just the opposite. I can respect someone more who gives away all they own and does nothing but follow the Christian God. Not living in a fancy home, driving a flashy automobile, not eating shellfish, rounding of hair at the temples, or even using a computer but instead doing just as instructed from their bible. See http://www.openbible.info/topics/eating_shellfish for a detailed list that I see Christians doing all the time.

I cannot respect anyone who makes excuses for their hypocrisy. Put up or shut the fuck up!

I have seen multiple church vans parked at Red Lobster on Sunday afternoons.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#439366 - 12/04/10 06:46 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

It has been interesting to read all of the posts on this topic and while we can debate if the world is or will become overpopulated or speculate how it might fix itself, l also try to think of ways to control or reverse overpopulation if l had the power to do this.

One thought l had was if the entire world agreed that for one 12 month period, one whole year, the entire world had a zero birthrate. For one year there would be no births. This would mean that there could be no pregnancies from the 9 months prior to the start date and you would probably put a begin pregnancy start date around 4 months prior to the end of the 12 month no birth period.
#I know in todays world this could not happen but hey it's fun to think and imagine.#
By doing this you could then study the effect that one year of no births has on the population of the world. Did the birth rate double in the first year after the no birth year? What economic effects did it have on employment, baby product manufacture and sales, and so on? What effect did it have in the ten years following the no birth year if any. So many questions could be asked and the answers could then be used to determine new ideas and solutions.

There is also the idea of putting regulations on those who are allowed to give birth but this then opens up a huge conglomerate of issues. Maybe this is what has to happen in the future to ensure we don't loose human intelligence levels through mass breeding in third world countries. Too much to discuss here on a Sunday morning.

Hail Satan!
Midnight.

#439367 - 12/04/10 07:03 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Lust Offline

Quote:
And if we get overpopulated, how can we decrease the number of us?

To start:

I was made aware of Codex Alimentarius earlier this year or the later of last year by LadieLoki. It is my understanding that it was signed during the oil spill crisis by President Obama on June 10, 2010. It is executive order #13544.

What This Means: http://www.panamalaw.org/obama_signed_codex_alimentarius.html

The information there consists of what I have found during research of the topic. I do recommend one do more research and not take everything as fact untill one is satisfied with their own research. From talking with others who live in Norway and have already began adjusting to Codex Alimentarius; it is Nazi like. People in Norway cannot even get a Monster energy drink due to supplements. eek

Not to mention that we have been drinking fluoridated water for how long now?

�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�

#439372 - 12/04/10 11:22 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Lust]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

With any Christian, extremist or mundane, I find traits to be admired and despised. I hate Fred Phelps and his clan, but find some small pinch of respect for how they go all out in following the bible's every bullshit. I hate the common Easter/Christmas Christian for aligning with something they don't understand, all that hypocrisy- But at least they aren't protesting funerals or getting up in my face every time I see them. When it comes to vile belief systems like Anna's, the more one betrays it- Yes, that heresy and willingness to question priests and gods is a small spark of worth above the monk who lives in a cave his whole life and never thinks once.

Of course that monk doesn't get in my face much either.

#439374 - 12/04/10 11:52 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Lust]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Gah! I've read about this a good bit, Tier. It's mildly disturbing.

I'm well aware of what the FDA tries to do to companies which promote the benefits of natural supplements in a diet. Yet it's amazing what they let slip by. They'll screw up someone who talks about the benefits of cherries, but ignore the regular harm done by consistent Tylenol usage.

Personally, I take the "Brave New World" view of things. If you haven't read it, they basically feed infants certain amounts of poison depending on what level of worker they're going to be. Deltas get Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, Alphas get health food.

This pollution of food, water and medicine isn't meant to kill people, not exactly. It just makes them less vital, makes sure they're infirm at a younger age, stunts cognitive processes. Population growth continues "abnormally" despite these poisons.

I'm not sure but last I checked I think the percentage of Americans on Anti-Depressants was somewhere around 10%. That number is a few years old and is bound to grow by leaps and bounds, especially if psychiatric treatment gets tied to the new health-care initiatives.

That's on top of the amount of neuro-toxins they already ingest quite regularly.

Many of these people are also folks who were drugged as children, with amphetamine (I prefer to not call it ritalin, call it what it IS) usage in children going up some 700% in a decade.

I meet more people who are reflected in these numbers than I do people who aren't.

There is more than enough proof to back up all of this. The situation really is that grim. I won't shy away from saying there is likely a bigger plan that isn't pretty and doesn't have our better angels in mind. rip

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#439375 - 12/05/10 12:04 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I also wanted to add this:

No one should assume organic vegan health food is somehow exempt from all this insanity.

Soy products that are mass marketed in the states and elsewhere are regularly produced with Hexane, which is a neuro-toxin. This isn't regulated and it is dangerous.

I'm not exactly a health nut but I think it bares mentioning in the larger societal context.

#439376 - 12/05/10 12:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Well Anna, you don't need a high IQ to be a Catholic - I know that much.

Don't get me wrong, I regularly associate with more Catholics than I do any other religious type and get along quite fine aside from the occasional having to remind someone "I'm one of those people."

However, I think it's the start of stupidity when you trust a man to look after your children that you do not trust beyond religion.

The problem has always been that your kind has trusted people and respected people based on religious affiliation or religious ranking. This is something that Satanists don't and shouldn't do, we make our judgments very keenly and on a case by case basis.

You walk into a church and you already think your priest is a good man because he's there and he has the collar. If you didn't think this you would not be a Catholic. Catholicism necessitates this surrender of logic to religious hierarchy. More than taking leaps of faith with an intangible object of myth (your God), your people take leaps of faith with tangible people and that's dangerous.

If the Church of Satan mandated that I did not question and scrutinize any administrative member that I needed to, I would have never affiliated. Not back then, not now.

As for Catholicism's effect on over-population in places like Africa, your kind might not be hurting anyone but they certainly aren't helping matters.

The solution is obviously mass sterilization and no one wants to face that truth. With that said, this is my opinion alone and not that of the Church of Satan.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#439399 - 12/05/10 09:52 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Insurgent]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Insurgent
I also wanted to add this:

No one should assume organic vegan health food is somehow exempt from all this insanity.

Soy products that are mass marketed in the states and elsewhere are regularly produced with Hexane, which is a neuro-toxin. This isn't regulated and it is dangerous.

I'm not exactly a health nut but I think it bares mentioning in the larger societal context.

I was not aware of Hexane but if you visit the www.codexalimentarius.net and place your pointer over Official Standards it will drop down and reveal Pesticide MRL's which will take you to an explanation of pesticide usage. http://www.codexalimentarius.net/pestres/data/pesticides/index.html#H

#439402 - 12/05/10 10:18 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Insurgent]
anna Offline

Quote:
The problem has always been that your kind has trusted people and respected people based on religious affiliation or religious ranking.

You are mistaken. People who actually do that are in minority, at least in Poland. I think it is the same in Europe.

Quote:
You walk into a church and you already think your priest is a good man because he's there and he has the collar

Not at all. We assess the person by his deeds. In this country we have the ways to deal with naughty priests. Many of them had their careers ruined because lay people and hierarchy reacted quite early.

Quote:
The solution is obviously mass sterilization and no one wants to face that truth.

This would be cruel, these people suffer enough. Contraception is more humane but first hunger and poverty have to be eliminated.

#439403 - 12/05/10 10:32 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
SINClair Offline

No, it is not just Europe, even America's current president is a Muslim, they profess taking over the world, from East to West blah blah blah.

#439408 - 12/05/10 11:22 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Maupassant's Offline

Originally Posted By: anna
You are mistaken. People who actually do that are in minority, at least in Poland. I think it is the same in Europe.

I disagree - there is a still vast difference between the attitudes towards priests in Poland and the rest of Europe. Their political infuence is all the evidence anyone needs.

Quote:
In this country we have the ways to deal with naughty priests.

Actually no, you don't. Most of the time the way it's 'dealt' with is by sending the priest to retirement/Vatican/another city. The rest are exceptions and few at that.

Quote:
This would be cruel, these people suffer enough. Contraception is more humane but first hunger and poverty have to be eliminated.

It is not our job to eliminate Africa's hunger and poverty - they've been responsible for it themselves for quite some time now - you can't hold the 'white man' responsible forever, despite what Bono whould like.

Oh and Anna - I thought that being a priest is a calling not a career...

Edited by Maupassant's (12/05/10 11:24 AM)

#439409 - 12/05/10 11:25 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Are you wearing tin foil?

Quote:
No, it is not just Europe, even America's current president is a Muslim, they profess taking over the world, from East to West blah blah blah.

I don't at all care for the President or his politics, but please show me where you got this information.

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#439411 - 12/05/10 11:35 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Direktor]
SINClair Offline

Of course I am wearing tin foil, what else could I possibly be wearing?

Here's Obama admiting to be Muslim, himself :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAffMSWSzY&NR=1

#439413 - 12/05/10 11:44 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Of course I am wearing tin foil, what else could I possibly be wearing?

Say no more, foolish me.

Your source proves everything. zombie

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#439414 - 12/05/10 11:51 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Direktor]
SINClair Offline

That is a collection of asorted media reports, posted on YouTube, but initially released by CNN, ABC, and other major media channels.

#439426 - 12/05/10 03:53 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Here's Obama admiting [sic] to be Muslim, himself :

Um, no. That's a compilation of random clips of President Obama talking about Islam, showing that he's not completely ignorant on the topic, and additionally point out that the US isn't a Christian theocracy. I can show you speeches from George W. Bush addressing and praising the Jewish community, but that doesn't make him Jewish.

Here's a nice series on "The Art of Quote-Mining":

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#439445 - 12/05/10 08:37 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: anna]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

"This would be cruel, these people suffer enough. Contraception is more humane but first hunger and poverty have to be eliminated."

Do you suspect that I mean "forced" sterilization? I say, hold the olive branch out there and if they still choose to have babies then do absolutely nothing for them. Period. Let them continue to rot in squalor.

You want to solve the end result without solving the cause, which has typified Christian charity for generations. The cause is procreation. They are overburdened populations on land that can not sustain them, this is why they are hungry and poor.

Contraception will not handle this situation and it is not our job to build their infrastructure for them.

Only sterilization will help and it is a minimal act of "good will" on our behalf which does not burden our own workers with debt.

I guarantee that a woman who gets to grow up and feed only herself, and be full for once, will be more than happy with this "cruel" act. It would be nice for the rest of us to know that some kid we paid to send to school actually got a degree instead of just making more babies.

You will then have a population that can begin to achieve a sensible infrastructure, allowing for more offspring over long periods of time. The babies that do get born will benefit from the sterile population who get to labor industriously without additional hardship.

But no, this doesn't "sound nice." Let's go teach some zonked out Africans about "abstinence." Clearly that has worked.

witch

#439446 - 12/05/10 08:53 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Yeah, that certainly proves nothing but that he's sympathetic towards Islam (in word at least).

But it is awkward that he's named Barack Hussein Obama, was raised around Muslims, plus everything in that video. He's very distant from what we've considered a US President, discounting entirely his complexion.

I imagine national discussion would have been very different under an Alan Keyes administration. At least then we would have actually had a "black" President, eh? heh

It's kind of hard to not see why people are so riled up about him or why many people would think it's plausible that he's probably a Muslim.

Do I think he is?

I'm not sure. What I do know is if you want a man that can convince Muslims we're not bombing Islam, just terrorists, then he's probably the best for the job.

The real question is does the government work like that?

Again, I'm not sure and am not in a position to know.

#439464 - 12/05/10 11:23 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

Then you did not watch the whole thing. He says his parents are Muslim so he was raised a Muslim (and no, I don't think every child necessarily follows their parent's religion but most certainly do, and Obama only brough this subject up for one reason) his name for one is not exactly Chuck Smith, and he bows to the Muslim king, something only another Muslim would do.

#439466 - 12/06/10 12:12 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Lust]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Tier, the part of the Bible that forbids the eating of shellfish is in Deuteronomy, in the Old Testament. Later in the New Testament, Jesus (the star of the show in that part of the book) says it's perfectly OK to eat shellfish.

If you see a Jew at Red Lobster, call him a hypocrite all you like. But if someone wants to call themselves a Christian (as in a follower of Christ, aka Jesus) them eating shellfish has almost nothing to do with their religion.

If on Monday I tell my cat she can't have fish and on Friday she can, then the cat can eat fish. Simple.

One does not have to agree with either religion (Judaism or Christianity) to see the logic in that.

But really, we're Satanists. Just don't invite me to Red Lobster, I hate sea food. grin

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#439474 - 12/06/10 01:36 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Then you did not watch the whole thing.

I did, and it still seems like paranoid quote-mined bullshit. It's hardly the first time I've seen you post something I found to be silly, but I digress.

Quote:
and he bows to the Muslim king, something only another Muslim would do.

Last I checked, 1) Muslims are against any kind of bowing unless it's on a mat facing Mecca, 2) King Abdullah is the king of Saudi Arabia, not "the Muslim king". Is Israeli President Peres "the Judaism king"?

#439475 - 12/06/10 01:43 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SatAnonymous]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
I think that forcing responsibility upon people would do wonders for sorting out overpopulation. Do away with welfare. End the idea of making one country's plight an international concern. While it is unfortunate that there are people starving and suffering around the world, it's not my problem or concern. I haven't been given any special opportunities in life, yet I'm doing just fine. And if it helps to ease a mind or two, think of it this way... once they've all died off, NO MORE SUFFERING! YAY! smile

Survival of the fittest. Social Darwinism, if you will. Most people these days are not equipped with the will to survive. Furthermore, once the population has been decreased, establish policy to keep it from exploding in the future.

I'm definitely no expert on the matter. I just read a bit of this and that (Nietzsche, for example) and form opinions. I'm sure those opinions will continue to evolve in the future, as that is the beauty of learning. :P

#439476 - 12/06/10 02:04 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

If on Monday I tell my cat she can't have fish and on Friday she can, then the cat can eat fish. Simple.

One does not have to agree with either religion (Judaism or Christianity) to see the logic in that.

No, the reasoning used by most Christians for rejecting their own Bible's Levtican law is not "Because Jesus said it's OK to break it now"; they claim the death of Jesus sacrificially pays the price of having to do obey all of that. So what the "logic" actually collapses down to is: God came to earth to sacrifice himself to himself, to correct the eternal rules he established himself. The stupidity of that trumps anything I could see a Hassid doing. Levitican law may still be an outdated absurdity to those of us outside of the Abrahamic religions, but I gotta at least give Judaism points for consistency.

#439477 - 12/06/10 02:11 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

Well, admittedly I haven't spent any quality time studying Levitican law. I'm definitely not in disagreement that the Bible is full of contradictions, but out of all of them I thought that the shellfish one (at the time of writing my post) was a cheap shot.

Thanks for the clarification.

#439489 - 12/06/10 04:45 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Insurgent]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

Contraception will not handle this situation and it is not our job to build their infrastructure for them.

Only sterilization will help and it is a minimal act of "good will" on our behalf which does not burden our own workers with debt.

Sterilization also lowers the number of babies born with HIV/AIDS. Lowering health care exspenses, reducing the number of funeral home style orphanages, and redirecting funds for an improved infrastructure.

#439495 - 12/06/10 08:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
SINClair Offline

I do not know what bowing means to Muslims, I have not checked at all, but the fact is that Obama bowed to the Muslim king.

You are a very good argumentator, Mr. Bill M, a very good Devil's Advocate, however, sometimes things are more simple than that, sometimes things are just like they seem to be.

The Saudi Arabia is one of the if not the only country in the world where its population consist in its entirety of Muslims, so it could be said very much indeed that the Saudi Arabia king, is the Muslim king.... and that's my unaducated point of view but for all I know, he could be very well carrying that title officialy, as I type this, but I'll have to Google that up another time.

#439498 - 12/06/10 09:38 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

You are a very good argumentator, Mr. Bill M

Is this an invitation for him to eat potatoes with you?

The Saudi Arabia is one of the if not the only country in the world where its population consist in its entirety of Muslims, so it could be said very much indeed that the Saudi Arabia king, is the Muslim king

Like many Arab countries Saudi Arabia is officially Muslim under Sharia law, but the country with the highest Muslim population is actually Indonesia last I checked.

Even then, you couldn't call the Indonesian president the "Muslim president/king/whatevs" because he doesn't rule over all Muslims, in any sense.

I'd say being cautious towards Islam is wise, but full-blown Islamophobia always struck me as a little backwards. I mean, shit, it makes you believe in theocratic-monarch conspiracies that vaguely involve the president of the United States.

#439502 - 12/06/10 10:27 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
SINClair Offline

I didn't say largest Muslim population, I said Muslim in its entirety.

By the way, you have made me picture something really funny... Say Mr. Bill M, do you come here often? What are you doing on Saturday? Would you like to come eat some potatoes with me? Mashed potatoes sound good? French fries with that? Chips at noon? grin

#439505 - 12/06/10 10:37 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
LightAngel Offline

Nah, you just need some chocolate.....

#439506 - 12/06/10 10:44 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: LightAngel]
SINClair Offline

I always need chocolate! wink

#439508 - 12/06/10 10:59 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
SINClair Offline

The best answer would probably be, the king of Saudi Arabia is considered "a" Mulsim king, as Saudi Arabia is predominantly "a" Muslim country. I was wrong on phrasing it as "the" Muslim king, as there are likely other countries predominantly Muslim also running under a monarchy system, to date, consequently there are likely other Muslim kings out there for Obama to bow to also.

#439509 - 12/06/10 11:04 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: GoodMourning]
Indae Offline

Loc: Kentucky
Quote:
I think that forcing responsibility upon people would do wonders for sorting out overpopulation. Do away with welfare.

I could not agree with you more!! If people had to be responsible for thier offspring, instead of letting the government take care of it, then we wouldn't have 4 or 5 kids per family. And it's not just Americans, anyone who has been shopping in the US has seen it. Asians, Africans, Mexicans, they all do it! They move here to have kids so they can get on welfare, don't contribute anything but restaurants, and don't bother to learn English. Don't get me wrong, if you legitimately need it because you're old or have a disability (and I don't mean "Bipolar"), then fine. But to see young, able-bodied people have 4 snotty-nosed kids that they either A. Can't control, or B. Don't want, have food stamps, well, that boils my blood!! mad I'm paying for that s**t!!!

#439510 - 12/06/10 11:07 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: NapalmNick]
SINClair Offline

I guess "argumentator" is not an English word. I meant something along the lines of: possess good argumentative skills.

#439524 - 12/06/10 01:16 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Original Sly Offline

Quote:
sometimes things are more simple than that, sometimes things are just like they seem to be.

Occam's Razor doesn't apply to conspiracy theories. It would generally be used to show how needlessly complicated they are.

Quote:
and that's my unaducated point of view but for all I know, he could be very well carrying that title officialy, as I type this, but I'll have to Google that up another time.

And why would you even bother making an UNADUCATED (ffs, really?) guess on these boards? If you're planning on presenting your opinions to discriminating, judgmental individuals wouldn't it be better to spend a mere three minutes reading Wikipedia so that you needn't make an UNADUCATED (it still stings) guess?

Your reasoning as to how there could even be a Muslim king (forgetting the fact that there are conflicting sects within Islam that would make it difficult to have a singular ruler) is ridiculous.

So, really, shouldn't you have Googled the subject before hitting SUBMIT rather than suffering ridicule and subsequently correcting your errors?

#439537 - 12/06/10 02:50 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Indae]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

#439540 - 12/06/10 02:58 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: LightAngel]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: LightAngel

Why not just combine?

#439544 - 12/06/10 03:14 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Original Sly]
SINClair Offline

Would reading Wikipedia for 3 minutes be enough to amount to an educated guess? I wouldn't think so, otherwise, I would not have stated my opinion as either educated or not, and would have instead provided link.

In any case, you are not providing an educated or unaducated opinion of your own on the subject on your reply, you are merely bitching through and through. Is that really necessary?

#439550 - 12/06/10 04:23 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
Indae Offline

Loc: Kentucky
While I appreciate your link to further my knowledge, and understand it might have been true for the US as a whole in 1996 (and could still be, I'm no expert), my opinion must remain unchanged. I have worked retail for the past 10 years of my life and my day-to-day experiences have shown me otherwise. Also, I think it depends alot on your geographical location. Being curious I Googled my state vs. yours, and found that in 2009, your state had 4,328,800 more people than mine, and my state had 201,904 more people a month on foodstamps than yours. Smaller population, yet bigger amount of foodstamp cardholders. Maybe you don't see it as much in your state as I do in mine.
Source
Source

#439568 - 12/06/10 07:26 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Original Sly Offline

My opinion on the subject is located earlier in the thread, which I have no doubt you haven't read being one for knee-jerk "unaducated" reactions and all. smile

#439600 - 12/07/10 12:46 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Food for thought:

Stop thinking in such simplistic terms.

What "looks like" isn't necessarily "what is."

Politics, especially, does not work on a WYSIWYG basis.

Real enemies of the state get tattered with bullets. A secret Muslim running the world into the hands of Sharia law? That would be an enemy of the state.

Those kinds of politics are bad for business, which is why we kill those types and what the President is doing is minimizing the impact of that action. At least, from my finely tuned sense of smelling out propaganda this is what makes sense.

Clearly, we (the US) tatter Muslims with an agenda with bullets every single day of the year without fail. This is something you can not weasel your way around.

So you be the judge. Is Obama playing politics, being sly, doing a damn fine job as a propagandist or is he a hardcore Muslim readying us all for the impending Sharia?

You clearly don't grasp modern power, which is no insult because I know many fine people who don't. Its aim, as it has been in Europe, is to homogenize as many cultures together as is possible in order to sell to and exploit the largest demographic possible with as little legitimate political strife as is possible.

Turning the gears, faster and faster, at everyone's expense, is the state of things.

Setting the world up for Sharia is against that aim. Destroying British, French and German heritage for the sake of a mass influx of Middle Easterns is not. This is how it works, this is how it has worked for generations.

This is why borders that could be shut, they stay open. It is unshakably true that the Mexican border situation is terrible for US citizens, yet it is allowed to continue for the exact purpose of expanding homogenization. It is so god damn important to "the people in charge" that we actually go ahead and leave our borders open to terrorist harboring nations and cultures so that they can, occasionally, kill us.

Get with the program. As non-political as Anton LaVey might have been, even he made note of the impending homogenization that was already well under way by the time the Church of Satan was established.

#439617 - 12/07/10 08:12 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Insurgent]
SINClair Offline

Real enemies of the state get tattered with bullets. A secret Muslim running the world into the hands of Sharia law? That would be an enemy of the state.

There you go, my friend. You said it.

#439619 - 12/07/10 08:32 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Original Sly]
SINClair Offline

Of course I have not read the entire thread, I ain't got time for that... smile

#439735 - 12/08/10 11:04 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: SINClair]
SatAnonymous Offline

Actually it worth to have a look on all posts.

#439859 - 12/10/10 07:33 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
LightAngel Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Originally Posted By: LightAngel

Why not just combine?

Lol, I'm sure some people would enjoy this jack

#439869 - 12/10/10 10:21 AM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: LightAngel]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Every time I see that picture it makes me want to give up dieting and pig out. cry

#439888 - 12/10/10 02:53 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: GoodMourning]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: GoodMourning
Every time I see that picture it makes me want to give up dieting and pig out. cry

Pride vs. Gluttony: may the best sin win! coopdevil

#439889 - 12/10/10 03:02 PM Re: Overpopulation? [Re: Bill_M]
SatAnonymous Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: GoodMourning

Pride vs. Gluttony: may the best sin win! coopdevil

Health should win wink

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406072 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements