Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#439165 - 12/02/10 09:54 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Hell of an episode and the time simply flew by. It was a treat to hear Martin Atkins talk about the tracks you selected and conjures many fun memories of each. His response to my question was unexpected but wasn't a surprise. I mean the man knows the business. I thank you for presenting it to him and enjoyed his reply.

Great show! tiki
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#439168 - 12/02/10 10:27 PM Re: Atkins on RFS [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!!!

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#439575 - 12/06/10 09:23 PM A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Dear Radio Free Satan listeners:

On behalf of all the DJs at Radio Free Satan, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support of the station. As an independent entity free from corporate oversight, we all work very hard to produce unique content that you simply can't find anywhere else. From Bill M.'s long-running comedy show "The Devil's Mischief" to David Ingram's exceptional "Lambert's Basement" to my recently-launched show, "Glory Is Noise," I feel we have always more than delivered on this promise. With nearly 30 shows available on Radio Free Satan to you absolutely free, the station is indeed a treasure.

One of the most honorable elements of Radio Free Satan is that our program director, Tiberia Nine, diligently pays all necessary licensing fees to remain on the air. This means that every artist played on the station who is affiliated with a major music rights organization (i.e. ASCAP and BMI) receives payment for the use of their music. As a working independent musician for the better part of 20 years, I certainly understand and empathize with the economic pressures facing recording artists in today's market, and it was RFS's respect for proper artist compensation that led me to bring my show under the station's umbrella. Understandably, Tiberia's noble commitment comes at a considerable price, as licensing fees are not cheap by any means. Additionally, RFS currently operates with no outside paid commercial support or financial obligation from the DJs - despite the ongoing difficulties presented by the current economy.

Here's where you come in. With the year coming to a close, RFS is once again facing licensing renewal. I respectfully ask that all listeners consider donating at least one dollar to keep the station afloat. That one dollar will go towards paying for the hundreds -- if not thousands -- of songs and clips you've undoubtedly enjoyed on RFS. The Radio Free Satan website at www.radiofreesatan.com has a link to the station's PayPal account. All I'm asking you to do is send the station one dollar - or anything else of greater value you may be able to donate. Hell, if my listeners alone chip in $2.00 each, RFS will have more than enough resources available to ensure a productive 2011.

How much is independent media worth to you? Now is the time to answer that question.

Thank you in advance for your support and financial contribution.

Joel Gausten
Host, "Glory Is Noise"
www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html

Edited by JCLAG (12/06/10 09:28 PM)

#439580 - 12/06/10 10:03 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Hell, the laughs I've gotten from TDM alone are worth more than a dollar!

HS!

#439612 - 12/07/10 03:52 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Radio Free Satan is one of the only radio stations I will listen to. I was saddened when it disappeared a few years ago and overjoyed when it came back. I will certainly donate a few dollars to keep good entertainment and thoughtful commentary on the air.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#439624 - 12/07/10 09:59 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: HGaunt]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you!
Our program director is tied up with personal matters at the moment, but I pass along her appreciation!

HS!
Joel

#439636 - 12/07/10 11:12 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Less than 24 hours after announcing this fund drive, and the response has been far beyond our expectations. We are truly touched by the outpouring of support shown by our fellow CoS members, who have put their money where their mouths are and contributed to RFS for 2011. It is truly humbling to know that the efforts of RFS do not go unnoticed, and that independent media is of such importance to you.

You truly are the Elite!

Thanks to all,
Joel

#439844 - 12/10/10 01:28 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

...While we're on the subject of RFS, it is with great pride and excitement that I announce the guest for the January 10 episode of Glory Is Noise: Richard Lloyd!

#440232 - 12/13/10 07:09 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Donated. I love RFS! tiki

#440548 - 12/16/10 10:07 AM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: $lesk]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you, Slesk!

Hot on the heels of a very successful fund drive, RFS continues to gain maintream media attention like never before. The below news article alone has brought in nearly 350 hits to RFS since being posted late last night:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=150980

The heart of RFS will continue to beat in 2011 thanks to every single person who thought enough of the station to contribute.

Ever forward,
Joel

Edited by JCLAG (12/16/10 04:35 PM)
Edit Reason: the pro editor can't seem to spell correctly

#440580 - 12/16/10 06:44 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: JCLAG]
K_Syn Offline

CoS Member

Loc: bonduel ,wisconSIN, USA
I posted it on all of the Hellspawn-Underground Productions sites including the news section of the main site. http://hellspawn-underground.com I hope this has also helped out at least a little.

Visit The Source- Church of Satan

#440585 - 12/16/10 07:16 PM Re: A Plea from RFS [Re: K_Syn]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you very much for that!

#440886 - 12/19/10 01:22 PM Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

December 16 was a very interesting day indeed.

Still energized from the recent outpouring of CoS member support for the recent Radio Free Satan fund drive, I am proud to report that Dec. 16 marked the highest single-day traffic to the RFS website of any day this year. Additionally, that days direct hits to my Glory Is Noise show page alone more than doubled the numbers earned from the entire two-week period of my previous episode. Thanks to all for making Glory Is Noise the current top-rated show on RFS!!!!

Above all, I would like to thank RFS Program Director Witch Tiberia Nine for providing me an opportunity to create Glory Is Noise and have a home on her network. Ive wanted to make a return to radio ever since my days as an intern at a New Jersey Top 40/Oldies station way back in the early '90s, and it was Tiberias friendship, patience and support that made this goal a reality. Also, I am honored to stand alongside Rev. Bill M., David Ingram, ror, Warlock Sonny Bellavance and the rest of the RFS DJ roster in providing some of the finest content available on the web. Many thanks as well to Magus Gilmore for being one of the first to congratulate me on diving back into radio and for giving this whole thing a tremendous inaugural push via the CoS News Page. Of course, my dedicated (i.e. long-suffering) co-pilot and producer Shannon deserves much of the credit for the success that Glory Is Noise achieves now and in the future.

I have great plans for Glory Is Noise in the coming year, including some stellar guests who will be announced when the time is right. In the meantime, I cannot begin to fully express my appreciation for the interest shown towards my latest endeavor.

With Shannon's Effectionhate music project reaching new heights of its own this past week (info. on that can be found in the Easy Listening and Music sections of this board), we are both ending this year on the highest note possible. And the best is yet to come.

If you havent checked out the show yet, it can be heard at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. All comments are welcome.

Hail Radio Free Satan!
Hail Witch Tiberia Nine!
Hail Satan!

Edited by JCLAG (12/19/10 01:22 PM)

#440931 - 12/20/10 03:45 AM Re: Number 1! [Re: JCLAG]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Congratulations Mr. Gausten (or should I say Puss in Boots!) I have enjoyed your work the entire time I have known of it and "Glory is Noise" is no different. Keep up the great work!

Hail Glory is Noise!
Hail Radio Free Satan!

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#440938 - 12/20/10 06:22 AM Re: Number 1! [Re: HGaunt]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thanks!
And my avatar correctly represents my first-year-of-marriage physicality. smile

Page 3 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  LKRice