Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#440278 - 12/14/10 06:42 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: TrojZyr]
Jack_Lantern Offline
CoS Member

Loc: America
Quote:
Would you (and this is a question for anyone and everyone) rather be less-well-known, but more skilled and more productive, or more well-known, or less skilled or less productive?

I'd rather not just pick one, but seeing as one is more likely than the other, I choose skill and productivity.

We've all heard of the depressed millionaire, but really, most of the people that are rich and emo are so because they are rich due to fame, not famous because they are rich. I would probably be a little depressed to if I had millions, the love and adoration of billions, all because I was good at pretending. Well, maybe not all that sad about it ( wink ) , but when I see movie stars over compensating by adopting a whole bunch of children, or getting really heavy into religion, or something else, throw a rock in Hollywood, I have to wonder if they don't sense how little they actually contribute beyond keeping the masses distracted.

Which isn't a bad thing, I just saying I understand how it would leave them a little unfulfilled.

#440279 - 12/14/10 07:20 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: SatAnonymous]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Anonymous1
I like the way you think about life. It's kinda similar to mine. But what do you mean with the happiness and God part in your post? 'Gods' are not happy always, right?
ps. I know your replay was not for me but I'm interested. smile

I think it's all about seeing the world as your playground, you have to find out what kind of ''games'' you like to play. When you master the ''games'' then you become God in your own life.

Gods are not always happy, that's true. But if your passion is to feel great, then you won't be trapped in some negative circle of pain, you won't look for an easy solution either, you will do whatever it takes to make yourself a stronger person.

Freedom is very important for me also, and that's why I'm a private person, many famous people lose their freedom, and that would just be hell for me.

So it's very important to follow your own nature if you want to be happy.

You can enjoy the playground much better that way jack

#440287 - 12/14/10 08:18 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: TrojZyr]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Beethoven, Einstein, Jung, and Dali did not aim for fame, fame was not their goal, it was merely one result element of what their being imposed upon the world.

Fame is not necessarily important. I'm sure that is why the examples given were: Beethoven, Einstein, Jung and Dali... and not the Backstreet Boys, Simon Cowell, Dr. Phil and Bill Caldwell.

What is important is to distinguish the difference between fame and being remembered for leaving a mark.

Fame won't necessarily last.

Fame is only important whilst it lasts. Fame was for instance very important to the Backstreet Boys a decade or so ago, as it was the foundation upon which they have built their fortune, but their fame a decade or so ago will no longer have any importance whatsoever, not even to those close to them, their offspring generation and so forth, in a hundred years time and so forth.

#440313 - 12/14/10 10:08 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> How important is fame? <<

I am afraid you have completely missed the point.

EDIT: Reply was to Trojzr. I have no idea why it says someone elses name at the top.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#440316 - 12/14/10 10:35 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: LightAngel]
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
Thanks for that (fast) reply.

Seems that the 'God' you write about is a GameMaster in my dictionary.

Freedom is a strange word that I had always problem. Important of course, but possible? Or that's just another paradoxon... Maybe I'll open topic about it.

#440410 - 12/14/10 10:01 PM Re: Why do you live? [Re: SatAnonymous]
Norton Kurtz Offline

Loc: UK
I really want to know why we keep ourselves alive. Since we are more complicated than 'animals' it is a very interesting question. Some people live for revenge some for faith...etc.

We, inividuals don't live for the same thing and don't follow other people. Speaking about that topic here is more interesting than listening to the 'fellas' (those who are really 'mind washed').

Instincts? Indulgence? Knowledge? What do you think is the most imoprtant for living? Or what things are needed to fulfill your happiness?
To simplify the question: Why do you live? What are your goals in life?

1) I do not feel that "we are more complicated than 'animals'" - we live in a more complicated environment, but if ants wanted to waste time making bricks, as has been alluded to already, then they'd live in little houses. Our 'complications' lead to all sorts of wonders like Pop Idol/American Idol, tabloid newspapers, internet forums, and so on. It certainly doesn't give us any reason to assume we have a more interesting reason to be alive than a lion, a mouse, or a duck-billed platypus.

I can hear arguments against the above already: science, music, arts, philiosophy. Balls. Science is a chimpanzee digging with a stick, music is made by every animal that makes a noise, art is Nature itself, philosophy is working out where to get food. We have much more complicated versions of all of those than other animals do - but it doesn't give us any better reason to be alive. Why is a duck-billed platypus alive? Why are there no dodos left? What, exactly, is the point of an emu? The same answers apply to humans - we are animals.

2) Why do people who think shopping malls/centres are 'cool' stay alive? Why do celebrities with no talent stay alive? Why do people who think Jesus will meet them in heaven stay alive? Why do people who wear sports clothing but never play sports stay alive? I stay alive for all they reasons they don't.

#440422 - 12/15/10 12:08 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: SatAnonymous]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark

He he maybe so, but you make it sound so insensitive, and that's not what I mean smile

#440426 - 12/15/10 01:27 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
I am afraid you have completely missed the point.

No, I didn't. My objective here is merely test to the water, in case any others here have a different perspective on the matter.

I'm curious to hear more opinions and thoughts on what it means to make one's mark on the world, and how that is or isn't the same as seeking or gaining fame, fortune, notoriety, or the other things many other people in the world openly strive for.

That's all.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#440431 - 12/15/10 02:05 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: LightAngel]
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
Originally Posted By: LightAngel

He he maybe so, but you make it sound so insensitive, and that's not what I mean smile

It's because I don't show my sensitive side to the 'public'. Maye that's why I seems / or sounds to be frigid or 'insensitive' sometimes.

#440432 - 12/15/10 02:15 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: SatAnonymous]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Why do I live?

I live because this is the only existence I acknowledge to exist.

I live because I have a philosophical viewpoint that dictates to never fail or give up for there is no excuse for neither.

I live because this life is the only life I have and I do not intend on wasting it.

I live for responsibility as number one priority.

I live to make something great of myself.

I live to lead the way by example.

I live to care for my son.

I live to get a good education.

I live to bring swift justice to those who deserve it.

I live to be good at philosophy.

I live to find answers to current unanswerable questions.

I live to find the objective truth in this reality.

I live to live comfortably and happily.

I live to indulge responsibly

And I live to accomplish my goals.

These are a few reasons why I live.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#440463 - 12/15/10 06:41 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: TrojZyr]
SINClair Offline

Loc: Europe
Don't lose focus. Lots of people who openly seek fame for no reason are not Satanists, they are herd members.

#440464 - 12/15/10 07:05 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: TrojZyr]
Machismo Offline
CoS Member

Loc: New Jersey
Originally Posted By: TrojZyr
How important is fame?

Quality trumps quantity in this area. Give me the admiration of one person I admire, over that of a thousand people I never met or heard of, or a million I despise.

#440465 - 12/15/10 07:39 AM Re: Why do you live? [Re: Machismo]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
[quote=Machismo Give me the admiration of one person I admire, over that of a thousand people I never met or heard of, or a million I despise.

[/quote]

I have often said in private that I would rather be truly known by one person than have a million people know my name, but not know me. As to the whole fame or no fame thing, I'm all about being happy. Some may call it contentment. But there is something to be said about having that "Fire in the Belly". That is an experience that is invaluable.

I cannot speak for anyone else, but if one is fortunate enough to be gripped by an all consuming goal, they owe it to themself to chase it. There is no reason anyone should die with regrets. I would think this goes doubly...triply...even a hundred times more for someone who fancies themself a Satanist. This lover...yes, it is a lover...will be unique for each person. Isn't that the nature of a lover...to see a quality in a person, thing or pursuit that others cannot? For me, it was knowledge...education. I vividly remember the frustration I felt every time I walked into a particular library, filled with ancient books. I literally wanted to eat them. It was a passion, in the classic sense...a type of pain. A wanting so strong that it often kept me awake at night. How can someone NOT forsake all others when such a fever strikes? Some may chase their dragon til the end of life; but some, like myself, reach a point of resolution. Whatever irritation was the source of that itch may become satisfied. Does that mean that knowledge is no longer inportant to me? Not at all. I imagine it always will. It simply means another dragon has presented itself.

Some of us will never be satisfied until we win a particular honor. Others must live in practical obscurity for their goals to be met. Some have to walk alone. Some need to build a family. Some find fulfilment raising children. All of us will scratch our heads in disbelief at some of the others. What is the common thread is that all of us are less than alive if we do not exhaust our energies in whatever it is that we cannot live without. All of us will at times find our hearts broken...find satisfaction...be frustrated...and madly, passionately chase after our private obsession.

Happy hunting.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12217 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements