Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#440209 - 12/13/10 04:58 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: ]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: Witch_Gausten
You won the argument, but you didn't gain anything.

Just sayin'.

This is true. For some crazy reason, I thought he would've given up after one or two tweets, but that was foolish on my part.

#440210 - 12/13/10 05:03 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: LordofDarkness]
GoodMourning Offline

So, essentially, I'll just orgasm for all eternity. I can live with that hahaha.

And Twitter does have a block option. I suppose I should have resorted to it sooner rather than later. I still can't understand why some people are so persistent in "spreading the good word". I thought that was what churches were for. Wait, no. Those are for money laundering; I forgot. coopdevil

#440211 - 12/13/10 05:07 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
ThomasBlake Offline

Loc: Hell
I agree with a good amount of posts on here. I wouldnt give them the time of day to spew their Biblical nonsense at me. If they pursue me after I blow them off then how I react depends on how many people are present to play witness; consenquences dictate my further actions.

Its best to ignore them though in my opinion.

#440212 - 12/13/10 05:09 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Thomas Tyrannus Offline

Loc: Ohio, USA
Bravo to the OP! If ?I were a man partial to hats I would tip mine off to you.

As long as it serves as entertainment to you, there is nothing wrong with exposing holes in the testimony of those people who are so filled with Christ's Love(tm) that they will lock horns with you - once they sense you are an enemy tribesman. They can never be perceptive enough to take a critical view of their belligerent behavior, but you are. Some of the best comedy is unintentional.

I deal with folk like that the way I deal with 99% of all folk: I totally ignore their behavior...unless I feel like having a real row of course! wink

--F. Nietzsche, Beyond Good And Evil

#440213 - 12/13/10 05:18 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
I open the front door wearing my smoking jacket and stinking of whiskey.

I casually lean against the door-frame and say:

"Oh, I say, what a fertile looking pair of creatures. Perhaps you'd like to step inside?"

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#440215 - 12/13/10 05:26 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
GoodMourning Offline

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
I open the front door wearing my smoking jacket and stinking of whiskey.

I casually lean against the door-frame and say:

"Oh, I say, what a fertile looking pair of creatures. Perhaps you'd like to step inside?"

You, sir, have just posted the holy grail of replies. Fucking superb. laugh

#440216 - 12/13/10 05:30 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
SomethingLikEvil Offline
CoS Member

I'll look through the peephole, and if it is JWs at the door, i will open it enough to just poke my head out. I will then allow them to give their opening lines before saying something to this effect:

"I'd love to discuss this with you, but you see, this is a nudist household so I'll have to ask you to remove your clothes before entering."

That usually causes them to do an about-face.

#440219 - 12/13/10 05:35 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Mr. Obsidian Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Ohio
Quote:

grin
I have it on good authority that Father McFlanagan employed this very same line to great effect when assessing potential altar boys.

blush

Olio/Etcetera

Flesh and Bones

“For those who believe in God, most of the big questions are answered. But for those of us who can't readily accept the God formula, the big answers don't remain stone-written. We adjust to new conditions and discoveries. We are pliable. Love need not be a command nor faith a dictum. I am my own god. We are here to unlearn the teachings of the church, state, and our educational system. We are here to drink beer. We are here to kill war. We are here to laugh at the odds and live our lives so well that Death will tremble to take us.”
~ Charles Bukowski

#440264 - 12/14/10 03:04 AM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Riddles Offline

Loc: Maryland
The key thing to remember is to not take these people too seriously. They're not going to convert you, and you're not going to convert them.

Also, if you take them seriously and go into genuine debate, you are only justifying the plausibility of their beliefs. A person like Richard Dawkins may say "I disagree with your beliefs", but he is also implicitly saying "I think your beliefs are worthy of serious debate". Xtianity should be mocked, not debated. Mockery is not a philosophical argument, but in the hallowed halls of philosophers, Xtians don't deserve admittance.

Sometimes I ignore them or tell them to go away, but sometimes I have fun with them. "Yes, I am a Satanist. By the way, do you have any unbaptized children?" <licks lips>

If you are going to debate them, stick with very simple answers, and make sure to insert a little bit of mockery. They should eventually become insulted when they see that common sense can refute them with very little effort. I once met a campus preacher who claimed that animals used to not be aggressive and all were purely herbivores until the fall of Adam (it's in the Bible). I responded "Crocodiles...custom built for carrot munching. And I imagine all those carnivores whose digestive systems cannot process plants must have had some serious tummy aches". He paused, likely expecting some "deeper" philosophical argument, but my argument was certainly more than sufficient. Of course, he "refuted" me by ironically appealing to "micro"-evolution. "Well, with no 'macro'-evolution, I guess we're all still waiting for that vegetarian 'missing link' croc." He quit talking with me at that point. smile

Edited by Riddles (12/14/10 03:09 AM)
Edit Reason: Grammar fix

"Egoism is the very essence of a noble soul."
--Friedrich Nietzsche

#440273 - 12/14/10 04:56 AM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
I suppose if I was feeling bored and a little cheeky I would demand answers to curly questions such as:
If God was the supreme creator, who created God?
If the Universe is 8000 years old, how did a union between two people bloom into a world population of 6.8 billion within this time? (discuss compulsory incestual relationships).
If the church is so concerned about holy matrimony and sex out of wedlock, why is it that God fornicated with someone elses wife and produced a bastard who then lords over mankind?

....religion makes my head hurt....

No, tell them go away- not interested.

#440276 - 12/14/10 06:22 AM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
That reminds me the people who always come to my house and wanna sell some religious sh1t or want me to join them...

Maybe the best is if we don't care about them, except if we need something from them. Sometimes it's good to know about their 'holy plans'.

Edited by Anonymous1 (12/14/10 06:23 AM)

#440318 - 12/14/10 10:39 AM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Venom Offline

Loc: In the Belly of the Beast.
I simply say "No thanks" and walk on (if it is in public), or if it is online I just ignore, delete or block (whichever is most relevant).

#440322 - 12/14/10 12:01 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Next time be sure to bring up some historical facts on your end to show the inconsistencies and lack of originality in Christianity.

Remind the person trying to convert you that Christianity has stolen just about all of its symbolism and sacraments from past cultures such as the Greeks, Egyptians, etc. (The Virgin Mary and Jesus are an imitation of Isis and Horus.) You might remind them that it was the pagan Roman Emperor Constantine who legalized Christianity to maintain order and keep the empire running smoothly, hence, the Holy Roman Empire.

You can call to their attention that the "Holy" bible was revised and that those in power voted on which sections of the bible were to be deleted or included. In fact, a great book that discredits the validity of the bible is The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine. In other words, reading a comic book is just about as inherently valid for religious authority as the Christian bible.

To anger them, you can suggest from a historical point of view that Jesus was not born from immaculate conception, had siblings, and probably had children of his own with Mary Magdalene. You can also mention how great it was that he changed water into wine -- not bad for a first miracle!

Of course, this is all assuming that you're bored and are in the mood to have a little fun with them. If the holy roller is male, invite him out for a drink and take him to a strip show. If the Jesus freak is female, ask her out and give her the attention that she is desperately craving (that is, if she's pretty). In either case they will either shut up and go away, or you will be the one to convert (corrupt) them.

Hope that gives you some good ideas. cool

Edited by ColemanCollins (12/14/10 12:50 PM)

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#440324 - 12/14/10 12:15 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: GoodMourning]
Citizen Jonesy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
It is very simple: I either walk away or make them go away. My time is precious. I don't have the luxury of wasting it.
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#440331 - 12/14/10 12:59 PM Re: Xian Witnessing [Re: Dax9]
GoodMourning Offline

I like the way you think, lol.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406058 Posts