Topic Options
#441192 - 12/22/10 06:41 PM Ho. Ho. Ho.
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Cheers to morbid merriment. Please feel free add your own favorites.

coopdevil

39 Degrees North: Christmas Card 2010 from 39 Degrees North on Vimeo.

(Bleeding cupcakes to anyone who can tell me who the narrator is.)

Via Neil Gaiman's journal where one can find gems like such,

Quote:
And then I forgot. I thought of it when I was out walking and I probably got distracted by something like wondering if I should put a lamppost out in the woods, and it fell out of my head.

Dear distractions and forest-lampposts and walking wonderments and all that is dark and whimsical...OH!... I love Neil Gaiman almost as much as things in jars.
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#441194 - 12/22/10 06:53 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Narrated by: Matthew Butson.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#441196 - 12/22/10 07:09 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Phineas]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Thank you! I really like his voice. smile
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us – all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

#441200 - 12/22/10 07:30 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Ho Ho Ho, Ha Ha Ha, l liked that very much, poor Nicholas was!

I looked at your links to Neil Gaiman and heard his poem The Day The Saucers Came. That's good too. I will read some more and look out for his works.

Bleeding cupcakes sounds interesting. Are these ones you have made yourself or purchased? I love the word morbid also, it's just so...so...morbidly sounding!!!

Many morbid merriments to you also.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#441230 - 12/23/10 12:19 AM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Never mind that, when do I get my bleeding cupcakes? I'll PM you with my address. cool

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#441263 - 12/23/10 12:37 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Phineas]
ROA Offline

Loc: Ohio
So what do bleeding cupcakes actually bleed? If its blood, then how do they fill the cupcakes with it? I would think that a lot of it would evaporate somewhat during the baking process.

#441265 - 12/23/10 02:06 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
Lust Offline

Neat theme.

This may be of interest too.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#441267 - 12/23/10 02:38 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Midnight]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

I'm glad you liked it, Midnight! Everything Neil Gaiman has ever done is pure magic, highly recommended. From the Sandman comics to his novels to, well, really everything. I can't even prioritize recommendations. crazy grin

Here's another short in morbidly category. Not Neil Gaiman but still good.

All I Want For Christmas Is ... from Paul Rayment on Vimeo.

#441268 - 12/23/10 02:45 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Phineas]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

For you Magister, I could send cupcakes and the cook. shocked blush coopdevil wink grin witch

#441269 - 12/23/10 02:49 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Lust]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Haha! Oh the horror. The delightful sick torturous horror of it all.

I approve.

crossbones

#441273 - 12/23/10 03:57 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: ROA]
munt Offline

Loc: Land of viscosity
Originally Posted By: ROA
So what do bleeding cupcakes actually bleed? If its blood, then how do they fill the cupcakes with it? I would think that a lot of it would evaporate somewhat during the baking process.

Perhaps it's an esoteric process called 'Stigmata'?.

#441276 - 12/23/10 05:33 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Lust]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Sometimes l think l have a warped imagination and sense of humor but l am always blown away with fascination when l see what other people can think up.

These Suffering Santas are great, thanks for posting the link.

It's very quiet where l work at the moment and l have had the chance to log into LttD so this topic is giving me lots to smile about.

I would love to show these to so many people but many wouldn't see the humor... their loss, not mine jack

If l had some of these Suffering Santas then when we have our 'christmas' BBQ tonight l would make everyone take a minutes silence out of respect for poor Santa. I think that would be very fitting for the occasion. rip

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#441278 - 12/23/10 05:41 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Thanks again, that was a good one too. It may be meant to be humourous but l'm sure that many kids today can relate to it. What a headline that could be...

CHILD SLAYS FAMILY - CHRISTMAS GIFT NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

Hail Satan!
Midnight
smile

#441374 - 12/24/10 05:19 PM Re: Ho. Ho. Ho. [Re: Shade]
gypsy Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Here
"Silent Night, Blasphemous Night"

"Eternal nothingness is fine if you happen to be dressed for it."

Church of Satan

Forum Stats
12198 Members