#440732 - 12/18/10 01:02 AM Rule #1 Illustrated
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar

#440781 - 12/18/10 12:57 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Yeah, it's hard to believe that anyone could be that fucking stupid! Someone must have put that sticker on their car as a practical joke.

I make it a point to keep a sticker showing that I support state troopers on my windshield. Whenever I do get pulled over, I usually hand the officer my military ID along with my license. That has gotten me out of many potential speeding tickets!

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#440785 - 12/18/10 01:59 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
zodiac Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Virginia
Having an opinion of something is a great thing however in certain situations expressing that can cause more harm than good. This person apparently has no common sense and deserved whatever they got. Further, I would be curious what made them develop such an opinion of law enforcement could it be because they are a shit bag? I am going to have to say yes.

Nature does nothing uselessly.
Aristotle

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence,then is not an act,but a habit.
Aristotle

#440857 - 12/19/10 06:05 AM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
This is an excellent example of "just because you can doesn't mean you should" in action.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#440866 - 12/19/10 08:40 AM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
GoodMourning Offline

Loc: Oklahoma
This is in the same league as people I see with big pot leaf stickers on their car. May as well scream "PULL ME OVER!" at every cop passing by.

#440984 - 12/20/10 02:21 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
Back in the 90's, I worked with a girl who complained that she was stopped by the cops "all the time". I asked her if she had any idea why. She did not. When I asked the question, I was looking at the "Impeach Florio" bumper sticker on her car.
Some people are just too stupid to waste time trying to explain things.

For those not enthralled with New Jersey politics, Jim Florio was our Governor.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#440997 - 12/20/10 04:38 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
In a democratic country everybody has a right to express his own opinions. However, how we say something is as important as what we say. Being rude means asking for troubles.

#441005 - 12/20/10 05:26 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: anna]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Or, to put it another way, "Responsibility to the Responsible." smile

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#441065 - 12/21/10 11:21 AM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Delta]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Reminds me of this "dare":

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#441132 - 12/22/10 12:52 AM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Bill_M]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

I would love to know what happened to those 3 after the camera stopped rolling. It sounded like they where in America, so, if I'm not mistaking, what that cop did was illegal.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#441174 - 12/22/10 03:26 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated [Re: Hatred_Incarnate]
HGaunt Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Sin City
Originally Posted By: Hatred_Incarnate
I would love to know what happened to those 3 after the camera stopped rolling. It sounded like they where in America, so, if I'm not mistaking, what that cop did was illegal.

Not exactly... it is dependent on the situation. Yes in this country we have freedom of speech, etc. but we are still not allowed to disturb the peace. What the guy flipping off the cop did was illegal and in some states an arrestable offense therefore the police officer can use as much force necessary to effect the arrest and end the aggression.

In this case, due to the guy's position when flipping off the cop, I would have said that I was afraid he was going for my sidearm which allows for a greater amount of force to be used. When the guy stood up and ran back to the car it becomes felony fleeing (again depending on the state) which allows for additional force to be used.

Ultimately the police officer did not follow the spirit of the law but can probably be ruled justified on the letter of the law.

-Ragnar Redbeard(Might is Right)

#441280 - 12/23/10 06:39 PM Rule #1 Illustrated? [Re: Delta]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

2nd iteration: Is this an example of the same rule?

#441437 - 12/25/10 11:24 AM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated? [Re: Delta]
Teufelhunt Offline

Yeah I had a co worker try to fight a citation when they drove by a State Trooper and flipped them off and yelled fuck you.

#441447 - 12/25/10 03:00 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated? [Re: Teufelhunt]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Teufelhunt
Yeah I had a co worker try to fight a citation when they drove by a State Trooper and flipped them off and yelled fuck you.

I've seen and heard of many people cussing at, flipping off, or otherwise expressing their disdain for cops directly. I'm not sure what they expect to happen. Do they expect hearing "Fuck you pig" will make the officer rethink their career and turn into hippies? Or is their anger so overwhelming they just have to let the cop know? What's the best that can happen? On the other hand, if the police really are evil vicious eager-to-abuse monsters like they seem to think, shouldn't they expect to get arrested, beaten or otherwise oppressed for it? Maybe that's their hope, a nice fat lawsuit against the police for arresting them for begging to be arrested. I wonder if people's minds have always worked like that or if it's a modern invention.

#441492 - 12/26/10 01:44 PM Re: Rule #1 Illustrated? [Re: Delta]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
I go for the simplest answer; they're all idiots.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
44001 Topics
406140 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements