Topic Options
#44175 - 06/11/04 11:54 AM I think there's too many forums
Sparky_Eyes Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tampa Bay
Just my humble opinion.

But I think I'd prefer less forums here at LttD. Maybe if the general section was streamlined to a small messageboard that covered all the basics of Satanism, the Questions forums, etc, without all the extra semi-related areas like tech, games, music, and whatnot. Id like to see those incorporated into what we already have downstairs. I just feel that there's too much redundancy with the postings, and that the extra content should be reserved for CoS members. I'd prefer less quantity with more quality. More insulation, too, I guess.

#44176 - 07/14/04 04:16 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Rex28 Offline

I agree with you. I think the forums need to be totally releated to Satanism

#44177 - 07/14/04 04:43 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
Jackdaw Offline

Loc: Clayton, California
Well, not being able to become a member at this point, I'd prefer if less things were member's only.

But aside from that, the number of forums add to organization. If you lump it all into one catagory then it's less organized. I'm sure if no one wanted to talk about anything other than Satanism and/or other philosophically or religiously charmed ideas then no one would post in the other sections. I have a feeling that if no one posted in them, the forums would be removed. As long as there are posts, there are other people using, and presumably enjoying, the other boards.

Also, what do you have aganst a multitude of boards? They're not cluttered and I don't see how they could manage to incur your interest so. If you don't read them, or post on them, then don't worry about them.

#44178 - 07/14/04 06:28 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Rex28]
DarknessAbounds Offline

Loc: Delaware, United States.
I'm confused, how is it that the forums are NOT related to Satanism?

Do you need this forum to hand pick and package your ideas for you? Open your eyes and you will realize this message board IS devoted completely to Satanism, it is the posters, such as yourself that possibly detract from your needed Satanic perspective.

Not to defend Sparky, for I am sure he is more than capable, however, he specifically stated that his post was nothing more than a personal thought (Read: Opinion), thus the forum name of "Comments and Questions."

#44179 - 07/14/04 10:35 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: DarknessAbounds]
Jackdaw Offline

Loc: Clayton, California
Good point, let me also point out that even the forum titles don't say 'No Satanism Here!' You have a choice between,
General Satanism,
Topics Related to Satanism,
Topics Not Directly Related to Satanism,
News & Updates, and
CoS Members Only Forums.

News & Updates is the only one without Satanism right there in the title. Is that a forum of which you'd like to be rid?

#44180 - 07/14/04 10:49 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Jackdaw]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
Also don't forget that you have the option of using "favorite forums" to display only the forums that you choose.

#44181 - 07/16/04 07:02 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
RustySpring Offline
CoS Warlock

The format is fine as it is.

Just my opinion.

#44182 - 10/02/04 08:14 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Sparky_Eyes]
YoungSoulRebel Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ann Arbor, MI
I disagree that "streamlining" the forums would increase quality control. In fact, I think the opposite would happen.

the extra content should be reserved for CoS members. I'd prefer less quantity with more quality.

Why's that?

Lack of a Red Card doesn't decrease the quality of your conversation any more than possession of one increases the quality.

If you want increased quality of board content, here's an idea (and, for the record, I'm not being nasty here):

Encourage people you know to be quality Satanic conversationalists to join the board and post. Maybe they're CoS members, maybe they aren't, but they'd be board members that you'd consider to be quality conversation -- hopefully the rest of the regular posters will agree.

"Usually when you ask somebody in college why they are there, they'll tell you it's to get an education. The truth of it is, they are there to get the degree so that they can get ahead in the rat race. Too many college radicals are two-timing punks."
- Abbie Hoffman

"My life has no purpose, no direction, no aim, no meaning, and yet I'm happy. I can't figure it out. What am I doing right?"
- Charles M Schulz

“One of the great things about young people is that they do question, that they do care deeply about justice, and they they have open minds.”
- Zack de la Rocha

#44183 - 10/10/04 07:01 PM Re: I think there's too many forums [Re: Silence]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Quote:

Also don't forget that you have the option of using "favorite forums" to display only the forums that you choose.

What a simple and intelligent way of putting it. To make the point extreme, you can have it your own way in the current format. If you think there are too many forums, hide the ones that don't tickle your fancy. If on the other hand there were too few forums and you'd like one added, it would be a case of hard lines.

Yup, I like it the way it is.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

Forum Stats
12282 Members
73 Forums
43881 Topics
404446 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements