Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#44207 - 06/12/04 04:56 PM Mandatory Education: Teaching Pigs To Sing [Re: Z3ro3X]
Z3ro3X Offline
CoS Member

In my earlier post I mentioned a link to an article on the COS website dealing with school systems. I found it really enlightening so here it is. http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/MandatoryEducation.htm

#44208 - 06/12/04 08:03 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: Insurgent]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
Quote:

I personally agree with mandatory public education. Without it those mere producers who can't be anything else will just become more of a strain on the entire system because they won't be able to be productive. They won't have the training. And of course, their parents probably won't be able to afford anything resembling the standard of state education now.

Have you seen some of the fuss in the last few years about America's graduates? People get a free ride through high school and college because they are good football players. Some people graduate from COLLEGE not knowing how to read!

Having first-hand knowledge of the current public education system, I can say that it is in none of the school administrators' agenda(at least not at MY school) to truly educate students. Most of the principals and teachers only care about getting an "Exemplary" rating from the state - if they can achieve that, their job is done. Hence, the education is only slightly more than mediocre.

In Texas, the state test for high school graduates until this year was the TAAS(Texas Assessment of Academic Skills), which tested in reading, writing, and mathematics, and also only required about 50% correct in order to pass. Most teachers agreed that the material was severely below grade-level too.

This year, there is a new test called TAKS(Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills). Since this is its first year, the passing threshhold was set at only about 48%, but it is going to increase to(I think) 70% in the next few years. The material is also much harder.

My point is that public education is not the "cream of the crop." People still graduate with bare minimum classes, and grow up to become unproductive lowlives. It IS in desperate need of reform, but I'm not sure what pulling out millions of SoBap kids would do. I'll be out of public school soon enough, though, so it probably won't affect me directly.

#44209 - 06/12/04 08:05 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: TrojZyr]
Silence Offline
CoS Member

Loc: 29 Palms, CA
Quote:

On the downside, however, there will be a large group of poorly educated children who will go on to be poorly educated adults, who will clumsily, dangerously, and stupidly fill various social roles and jobs.

How would that be different from now?

#44210 - 06/12/04 09:12 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: Silence]
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

I agree. I may be a little off but the guy who basically layed the groundwork for our public school system stated that our "education" is training, not education, because an actually learned population is a discontent and uncontrollable population.

But the curriculum for a lot of these private schools is much worse. It's hard to imagine almost.

And public, government funded, and mandatory education is far more easy to reform than thousands of privately owned and operated sectarian brainwashing camps which is what will become of education if these ninnies get their way; the abolishment of secular education, essentially. It's much easier to reform a system if you only have one office to go through and that office controls the whole system.

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#44211 - 06/12/04 10:02 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: Silence]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Actually, that's not a bad question.

Hell forbid, it might get worse.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#44212 - 06/13/04 10:32 AM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: TrojZyr]
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
Damn you! Damn you to Hell for pissing in my Cheerios! And I just bought them, too!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#44213 - 06/13/04 02:31 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: Mike_Hargis]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Heh, and I'm normally an optimist. Must be my lack of good nutrition. Maybe I should have some Cheerios....

Anyway, I have no doubts that we can handle pretty much any state of affairs in society, so I'm not being a gloomy doomsday-ist, by any means. Satanists can thrive in societies where the people are smart, and in societies where people are dumb. But, sometimes, one or the other is easier to handle, obviously.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#44214 - 06/13/04 05:33 PM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: TrojZyr]
Smokey_DeVille Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Chicago
Quote:

On the downside, however, there will be a large group of poorly educated children who will go on to be poorly educated adults, who will clumsily, dangerously, and stupidly fill various social roles and jobs.

One perspective I have on this topic is that very notion.

I am not nor have ever been Southern Baptist, but I have known (quite well) a few Baptists, who were pretty devout (by which I mean fanatic). Chrisitanity thrives on ignorance and blind faith. Public education counters that by not teaching a faith-based curriculum, but one that suits the needs of the state. Therefore, if the Baptists were to ensure the ignorance of their children, and replace education with faith, they can ensure that the only option their children have is a close "relationship with god", as they put it.

One question I do have is if there is an increase in Southern Baptist schools in these areas, as an alternative to public education. Church is a business, and businesses thrive by luring sheeple from one product/service to theirs. Who excactly is this person trying to organize this, and what has he to gain?

Hail Satan!

L 9

[url=http://www.smokeydeville.com [/url]

#44215 - 06/14/04 10:39 AM Re: 16 million considering Separation of SCHOOL & State? [Re: Z3ro3X]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
>The largest Protestant denomination in America---Southern
>Baptists, with 16 million members---will be voting next
>week on a resolution calling on their members to remove
>their children from government schools!

This was the same group who tried to boycott Disney at some point. Worked great, didn't it?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12116 Members
73 Forums
43872 Topics
405542 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements