Topic Options
#442013 - 01/03/11 08:26 AM Necromancy
Tasman Offline

Necromancy. "'We never did get a chance to tell you,' wrote Diane LaVey to me in August, 'what happened during that very special ritual Anton performed in Hollywood. What happened, on the night of August 4-5, was a work of necromancy." (Michael A. Aquino Church of Satan). What is opinion Church of Satan with necromancy? Dr. LaVey really calling the anima of Marilyn Monroe? Some are Satanist's book about Necromancy?

#442028 - 01/03/11 11:12 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

You have already received your answer.

There is no need for you to repeat your question here.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#442030 - 01/03/11 11:21 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
You're quoting somebody who left the Church of Satan some 35 years ago (who turned out to be, among other things unsatanic, a very theistic fellow), quoting somebody else who isn't a member either. So I wouldn't read too much into that vague anecdote you posted.

As for "necromancy", there seem to be a number of different practices that fall under that term. There's nothing wrong, in and of itself, with a Satanist taking parts of an allegedly necromantic spell and incorporating it into his or her own rituals. We also don't explicitly rule out the possibility of something metaphysical going on with alleged ghost sightings and what not. Though most necromantic rituals I've read though are still based on the same old western superstitions of people having souls, that the souls transcend the body after a person dies, etc. Satanism doesn't embrace such superstitions. I've also seen necromantic rituals that involve breaking into mausoleums and the like, which is illegal. The Church of Satan does not condone illegal activity.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#442181 - 01/05/11 03:02 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Tasman Offline

Originally Posted By: Bill_M

As for "necromancy", there seem to be a number of different practices that fall under that term. There's nothing wrong, in and of itself, with a Satanist taking parts of an allegedly necromantic spell and incorporating it into his or her own rituals. We also don't explicitly rule out the possibility of something metaphysical going on with alleged ghost sightings and what not. Though most necromantic rituals I've read though are still based on the same old western superstitions of people having souls, that the souls transcend the body after a person dies, etc. Satanism doesn't embrace such superstitions. I've also seen necromantic rituals that involve breaking into mausoleums and the like, which is illegal. The Church of Satan does not condone illegal activity.

Ok, I understand. But what is the ghosts?
LaVey's ritual of necromancy is true?
I quoting Michael Aquino's essay, because this is only work, where I read about ghosts and Satanism/Dr. LaVey.

#442197 - 01/05/11 09:12 AM Re: Necromancy [Re: Tasman]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

I quoting Michael Aquino's essay... And he provided you with a reply.

Rev. Bill_M has answered your question. Read his reply again.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406368 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements