Topic Options
#442477 - 01/09/11 01:36 PM Short introduction
americanpzycho Offline

Loc: Charleston, SC
My name is Shane and I have been a lurker on the Letters to the Devil for about as long as I can remember. I believe around the year 2000 is when I started coming to the board (maybe a tad bit later). I have never made a profile for various reasons. I am a pretty shy individual. When I heard of Anton Lavey's death I was about 14 years of age. I grew up on the south side of Chicago, Illinois. My parents made me go to church to try and put some sort of good influence into my life. I always questioned many things and eventually they told my mother politely to quit bringing me. I shortly thereafter discovered The Satanic Bible. I read the book and identified very closely with it. I have purchased and studied all of Lavey's books, as well as, Magus Peter H. Gilmore's The Satanic Scriptures upon release. I have a bachelor's degree from Southern Illinois University and am currently working on my graduate degree. I am here primarily to continue to read and participate on the boards.

Hail Satan!

#442478 - 01/09/11 01:52 PM Re: Short introduction [Re: americanpzycho]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
That's a very happy looking avatar you have there, sir! crossbones

>> My parents made me go to church to try and put some sort of good influence into my life. I always questioned many things and eventually they told my mother politely to quit bringing me <<

That made me really laugh. I have a similar background. My parents also forced me into attending church. I'd do anything to try and avoid going to the four hour Pentecostal church services every Sunday. Eventually I started going to the toilet and climbing out the window.

In the end they all gave up.

Your academic studies are obviously going very well.

Really a very nice introduction. Welcome.

(That is a very long time to have been lurking though) grin

#442480 - 01/09/11 01:57 PM Re: Short introduction [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
americanpzycho Offline

Loc: Charleston, SC
I usually just came here in my spare time to keep updated and use the forum as a bit of a study tool. It has been a long time lurking.

#442483 - 01/09/11 02:39 PM Re: Short introduction [Re: americanpzycho]
Lust Offline

Howdy.
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#442495 - 01/09/11 04:14 PM Re: Short introduction [Re: americanpzycho]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
helloyellojello,

Sooooo, why that screen name? I ask because, even though I loved the book, I will forever associate the name (American Psycho) with Christian Bale doing that awesomely adorable shimmy.

Hip to be square, baby. grin

Anyhoo, willkommen, bienvenue, welcome, c'mon in, smile
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

Forum Stats
13308 Members
73 Forums
44541 Topics
407970 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold