Topic Options
#443666 - 01/28/11 09:28 AM Possession and exorcism.
Disembodied Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Loc: Tropichell paradise.
The movie The Rite debuts in theaters today. My question is, does the Church of Satan acknowledge possession and exorcism? I don't know much about this topic and was wondering what the Church's stance was. Thanks

#443672 - 01/28/11 10:22 AM Re: Possession and exorcism. [Re: Disembodied]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#443677 - 01/28/11 11:02 AM Re: Possession and exorcism. [Re: Disembodied]
Disembodied Offline
Intellectual Black Hole

Loc: Tropichell paradise.
Thanks..that's what I thought. Why do you think the Vatican and the Catholic church have such a fixation on this unseen war between "good" and "evil"?

Did Anton believe that demons exist?

#443680 - 01/28/11 11:29 AM Re: Possession and exorcism. [Re: Disembodied]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Dr. LaVey has explained himself quite well in The Satanic Bible. Since he is the founder of the COS, and the COS, as I mentioned above, does not hold beliefs in supernatural creatures, what do you supposa the answer to your question is?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#443686 - 01/28/11 12:17 PM Re: Possession and exorcism. [Re: Disembodied]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Disembodied
Why do you think the Vatican and the Catholic church have such a fixation on this unseen war between "good" and "evil"?

They have an invested emotional interest in their unfounded dogma being true and applicable (metaphorical or not) and want to get the biggest numbers they can. They've been doing this for centuries. It's the old game of making people believe there's a problem, make them think you hold the only remedy, and making they buy it. The RCC is still full of shit, like they've always been. The only mystery here is why so many people still buy into this crap in the 21st century.

Quote:
Did Anton believe that demons exist?

As anything beyond a metaphor? No:
http://www.satannet.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=67454

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406132 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements