Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#444053 - 02/02/11 12:15 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: anna]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: anna
Quote:
I was under the impression that to succeed in either line of work you actually had to put in more than a full weeks work to succeed in either profession.

But please come here, come to Warsaw. See our hardworking leaders, watch our films (few of them are good), not to mention our beautiful soap operas.

So, basically your reply when asked to supply facts to back your claim is "No, I can't be bothered. You must gather the facts to back my statements yourself".

Tricky line of reasoning.

#444071 - 02/02/11 10:11 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

My very first paying job was shoveling horse shit into the back of a truck. It was difficult and exhausting work and did not pay very well. The metal shovel itself was huge and heavy and hard to handle. Sometimes, the weather was cold, which only made it more difficult.

Now, I scoop up cat shit with a very light weight and small plastic scoop. The work is much easier, and I get to be indoors, so the weather is no longer a factor.

Additionally, my clients seem to appreciate my work more - the horses never expressed any gratitude whatsoever, but the cats seem to, although I might be deluding myself.

I guess what I am saying is that, with enough hard work and perseverance, it is possible to advance in life and achieve your dreams.

You just need to set your goals high enough.

#444075 - 02/02/11 11:03 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Furrtiv]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Originally Posted By: Furrtiv
I get to paint giant cartoon characters all day. I was painting jungle animals today, and tomorrow I must paint Ben 10 and some of his monstrous incarnations.

Ugh, now I'm jealous. wink

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#444132 - 02/03/11 08:26 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Dr.Tradjic Offline

Loc: Clover, South Carolina, US
Yeah I used to work Construction with my Father back when i was about 16 up intill i was around 19 now im 25 and i play in a Death Metal band that localy where i live is pretty big...i rose up from a very labourus job and became a musicain...my job is very laid back sometimes, othertimes when we are writing a new album or recording it getts stress full

#444144 - 02/03/11 01:02 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Quaark]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Daark
I guess what I am saying is that, with enough hard work and perseverance, it is possible to advance in life and achieve your dreams.

The size of the goal is inversely proportional to the size of the shit-shovel. Got it!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#444146 - 02/03/11 01:44 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Bill_M]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
For TrojZyr, some of my work;

These are from my own imagination, I often have to copy copyrighted characters, but I prefer doing my own stuff. It's nicer when our customers have someimagination! laugh

#444149 - 02/03/11 02:17 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Furrtiv]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Awesome work, Furrtiv!

#444154 - 02/03/11 03:19 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Furrtiv Offline

Loc: Derbyshire, England
Thankyou, I take enormous pleasure in it! laugh And I have a pay rise coming, plus there's the bonus that what with my expert whingeing, I am soon to be getting a little workshop of my own, away from teh noisy machinery and awful radio stations of the main factory. Actually, they don't play much radio now because of me. Apart from the machines, I get to work in relative peace, free from the idiocy of the local airwaves rubbish.

#444183 - 02/03/11 07:57 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
I'm a full time Love Muffin.

#444193 - 02/03/11 11:13 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Furrtiv]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Now I'm really jealous! That dragon is awesome.

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#444199 - 02/04/11 02:52 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Unknown Offline
Unknown

I will and have bust my ass. I will never quit and have not called in sick in over a year. I have always looked at my jobs as a transition from one thing to the next bigger and better thing. I think it was President Roosevelt who once said that "there are many ways of moving forward". If you are sitting still then you mine as well be dead. I am not talking about sitting on your ass enjoying the spoils of your riches but I am speaking of settling for less.

I have worked a variety of jobs and one single book that has played a role throughout all of them is THE SATANIC WITCH. I cannot thank Dr. LaVey enough for writing this. This book has allowed me to fine tune the art of misdirection as well as my Lesser Magic in order to receive job promotions.

I currently work in a very scientific field as well as a professional salesman.

#444210 - 02/04/11 08:18 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis
I have a Sugar Mama.

For pocket money, I work on a dock.

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#444217 - 02/04/11 09:39 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Furrtiv]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Very impressive. I particularly like the first one, where the devious-looking man is sheltering behind the magician he is paying to invoke mayhem against the inhabitant of the castle.

Well, that’s how I read it.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#444308 - 02/05/11 04:00 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
Dilbert Eat Your Heart Out

For my main job, I sell matchsticks in the town square. The pay sucks, but the benefits are great, and I'll admit I would probably sell more of them if they weren't used first.

But when I really need money, I sell blood. Okay, I know, I know that's pretty low on the totem pole, and you're probably sneering at me right now.

Yeah, okay, it's pretty shameful, but...

At least it's not my blood. wink

#444508 - 02/07/11 08:31 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Majic]
Dr.Tradjic Offline

Loc: Clover, South Carolina, US
I mean to me Majic if selling blood pays your bills then do it....never be ashamed of how you get your pay check.

im serious we all have to do something.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Forum Stats
12199 Members
73 Forums
43982 Topics
406055 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements