Topic Options
#443890 - 01/31/11 07:10 AM 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O.
Tasman Offline

1. What thought Church of Satan about Ordo Templi Orientis? I can be (for example) member of O.T.O. and CoS, like Carl Abrahamsson?

2. What is official position of Church of Satan about drinking blood?

#443891 - 01/31/11 07:35 AM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Membership in the Church of Satan requires lack of membership in organizations with views incompatable with our own. Our dogma and philosophy is not in alignment with the OTO, hence dual membership is not permitted. Members are permitted to join secular organizations or those that do not contradict Satanic philosophy - for example, Freemasons, fraternities, lodges, clubs, political parties, etc etc.

Regarding blood drinking, we have no official stance but it doesn't sound very smart to me. Like any number of questionable and potentially unsafe practices, we do not have a posted list telling you how to live every detail of your life, but if you demonstrate a pattern of engaging in stupid and destructive behavior it will certainly be cause to call your wisdom and, in extreme cases, perhaps your membership, into question.

#443894 - 01/31/11 10:03 AM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Blood drinking - the last bastion of the dull and unaccomplished who are desperately attempting to draw attention to themselves in order to try to shock others with their unhealthy behavior.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#443905 - 01/31/11 02:09 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Phineas]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
In addition to what has already been said here regarding blood drinking, I think it's important to consider why certain people might do this act in the first place. In my experience they're quite often motivated by rather unsatanic principles, such as a false sense of empowerment, shock for shock's sake, or a psychological need for ego "nourishment", etc. As The Satanic Bible reveals, you don't need to spill (let alone consume) another animal's or person's blood to obtain a strong sense of will or a feeling of "life force" energy. You can obtain the same effect from having an orgasm or directing a strong emotion such as anger, especially if you dress it all up in enough esoteric trappings.

Personally, I'd say say the health risks are a good enough reason to stay away from blood consumption!

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#443945 - 01/31/11 10:34 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: I-BLISS!
It's all covered in the Satanic Bible and our other literature! Read it! If you already have read it then why are you asking such inane questions?
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#443985 - 02/01/11 01:52 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Tasman Offline

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje

Our dogma and philosophy is not in alignment with the OTO, hence dual membership is not permitted.

Buth Carl Abrahamsson is member of O.T.O., TOPY and CoS. He is only official representative of our ideology?

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje

Members are permitted to join secular organizations or those that do not contradict Satanic philosophy - for example, Freemasons, fraternities, lodges, clubs, political parties, etc etc.

Freemasons isn't organization with a theistic requirement? We doing to stratification. Freemasons say: "People should all be one big happy family". I am sorry if I mistake.

Originally Posted By: Phineas

Blood drinking - the last bastion of the dull and unaccomplished who are desperately attempting to draw attention to themselves in order to try to shock others with their unhealthy behavior.

Yes, of course. Buth if blood drinking is sexual fetish?

#443988 - 02/01/11 01:59 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
PriestNocturnum Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Indiana, USA
Please note only Moderators and members of the Priesthood are allowed to reply to topics posted here. All other replies will be deleted.

Edited by Daark (02/01/11 02:20 PM)

#443994 - 02/01/11 02:23 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Tasman
Freemasons isn't organization with a theistic requirement?

As an acquaintance of mine who's a Freemason told me, they do have a requirement for "belief in a higher power", but they don't ask for any details beyond this. The "higher power" doesn't necessarily have to be a deity. The concept of a "higher power" is vague enough to be stretched in a number of philosophical ways. Satanists do see themselves as their own gods, so something like that could apply.

Quote:
Freemasons say: "People should all be one big happy family". I am sorry if I mistake.

Apology accepted. In other words, you're wrong. In fact, you couldn't be more wrong. Fraternal organizations are based and bonded upon exclusivity, the exact opposite of a global community.

But I'm not here to defend other organizations like the Freemasons. That's a topic beyond the scope of this thread. If you want to learn about them, go visit a local chapter and talk to them.

Regardless, the point still stands: if a COS member decides that he or she would benefit from being a Shriner, or college fraternity member, or Elks club member, etc., then they're free to join such organizations. These organizations don't have an axe to grind with the COS, and as far as I know they don't do anything that inherently goes against Satanic principles or COS policies (animal cruelty, criminal activity, etc.). There's a clear difference between those types of organizations, and "organizations" that call themselves things like The First Mosque of Lucifer Reformed. The latter do almost always have some axe to grind with the COS, and/or claim to be a new and improved replacement for us, and often explicitly say so on their websites.

Really, what part of this don't you grasp? And why do you keep adding an "h" to the end of "But"?

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#443996 - 02/01/11 02:35 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It doesn't matter what the reason for blood drinking - it is unsafe, unhygienic, dangerous and stupid.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#444000 - 02/01/11 03:07 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

Blood drinking for a sexual fetish? " Self preservation is the highest law". Once again, this is covered in the Satanic Bible! Stupidity is the first Satanic sin.
Blood carries diseases.......
Can we wrap our head around that concept?
“The world, like a wolf pack is not all the licking of pups and howls by the moonlight. Sometimes there just needs to be a gnashing of teeth and a ripping of flesh to put things back into the natural order of things.”

XLII A.S.

"Magic is a tool and is essentially useless unless it can serve you here and now! Anything else is simply an act in faith and an excuse for failure in the here and now." XLVI A.S. R. Lang

"Chaos is a creation of mankind and does not exist within the uncompromising fascism of natures laws! Everything has order." XLVI A.S R. Lang

"To believe in Chaos one must believe that their is some kind of God who all of a sudden put everything into order! That!, I cannot relate too..."
R. Lang XLVI A.S.

#444002 - 02/01/11 03:18 PM Re: 2 Questions about: blood drinking and O.T.O. [Re: Tasman]
Magister_Lang Offline

CoS Magister

If Mr. Abrahamsson is a member of the OTO then that is his business and nobody else's. Why don't you ask him what he thinks of the O.T.O?

Edited by Magister_Lang (02/01/11 03:34 PM)

XLII A.S.

R. Lang XLVI A.S.

Forum Stats
12011 Members
73 Forums
43824 Topics
405203 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements