Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#444141 - 02/03/11 12:33 PM LaVey satanism and the hippie movement.
Peter Sord Offline

Doctor LaVey called the hippie movement psychedelic vermin due to their collectivist leftist ideologies, altruistic values, oneness spiritual pipe dreams, egalitarian principles, herd behavior, rampant drug use, and Marxist-christian peace and love that ended up being way to self-destructive. No wonder satanism and hippiedom do not mix well. The Church of Satan was a genuine alternative to the hippie movement and took a stand against all herd conformism and institutionalized thought, from good guy badge wearing protesters to conservative life-denying christianity. So what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

#444143 - 02/03/11 12:59 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Peter Sord
So what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

You already pretty much summed it up by commenting on LaVey's views. So I'm not sure why you're asking; I don't know if you're expecting to hear too many different takes on this.

"New-Age" is a rather vague term that includes pretty much anything from reading horoscopes to getting acupuncture. Sometimes bookstores will even file The Satanic Bible in the New-Age section. I think it's good that people can find an outlet for their perceived "spiritual" nature without having to take in the bogus dogma found in more traditional religions. In that sense, it offers healthy competition. Of course much of it is still based on some of the same fundamental BS "heal the world" dogma and good-guy badges. Not to mention the pseudo-science.

Some of us Satanists have of course been able to work this to our advantage. I've bought altar supplies of sorts from New-Age shops. I can also say that I've made literally thousands of dollars by marketing certain goods and services within the "New-Age community". coopdevil

As for "the hippie movement", again this is a broad category that includes a lot of different things. It was great that there was a sexual revolution and challenges to certain unfounded orthodoxies, but as LaVey pointed out, there's nothing Satanic about drug culture or being a free-loader. Some people are under the delusion that hippies were about peace and love, but as any political or satire cartoons from the period will show you, that was far from the case.

By the way, the term "LaVey Satanism" or "LaVeyan Satanism" is a redundancy. Before Dr. LaVey and the Church of Satan, there was no known organized religion called "Satanism" with practitioners who identified themselves as "Satanists". So we've got dibs on the name, Satanism. Devil worshipers are devil worshipers, not a "different kind of Satanist".

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#444156 - 02/03/11 03:49 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
skullunit Offline

Loc: "heavens waiting room"
So what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

I don't feel a need to be "up" on these kind of things and since I'm not trying to win souls there is no need to debate or dicuss white light spirituality. That's pretty much my 2 cents on it. skull

#444159 - 02/03/11 04:05 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Peter Sord]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination

#444161 - 02/03/11 04:18 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Mr_47]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

grin

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#444171 - 02/03/11 05:01 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
skullunit Offline

Loc: "heavens waiting room"
Nice tee Reverend, if it were only in black... laugh

#444177 - 02/03/11 06:59 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Bill_M]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

#444178 - 02/03/11 07:22 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Mr_47]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

grin

Attachments
adaa.jpg

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#444179 - 02/03/11 07:23 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Quaark]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Touché Reverend. grin

#444181 - 02/03/11 07:40 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Quaark]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Okay, I'm done. We wouldn't want this to become redundant. *insert rimshot here*

Edited by Mr_47 (02/03/11 08:32 PM)

#444200 - 02/04/11 03:01 AM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Mr_47]
Unknown Offline

Loc: 611 Calif. St.
Goddamn it I should not have been drinking water while going through this thread! You guys are hilarious!

Satanism Demands study and not worship!
http://compleatwitch.blogspot.com/

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/logic-classical/

Avatar used with special permission from Reverend CoffinRust. www.coffinrust.com

#444238 - 02/04/11 02:23 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Mr_47]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Here's a photograph I took myself sometime last fall. Yep, it's a Automatic Teller Machine machine. Stick in your card, and enter your "PIN number" (Personal Identification Number number).

It doesn't discriminate against users who may be LaVeyan Satanists, gay homosexuals, or old elderly.

This is a true fact. Consider it an added bonus.

Attachments
atm_maching.jpg

#444245 - 02/04/11 03:13 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: skullunit]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: skullunit
Nice tee Reverend, if it were only in black... laugh

They make them in black too, and a dozen other colors:
http://www.noisebot.com/department_of_redundancy_department_t-shirt

I'm partial to the khaki myself.

#444275 - 02/05/11 06:51 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

I'd question the existence of any such "movement". As far as the so called hippies go, I suspect that the phenomenon was by and large created by sensationalistic media displays of various scandalous musicians (and other artists) in combination with some really rather atrocious fashion trends. There is another important thing to consider as well: Most people who lived through the times didn't actually belong to any "movement", let alone actually do anything of any significance, but you can expect them to tell tall stories about the legends from their youth all the same.

Perhaps I'm personally biassed but I have serious problems with thinking about people as "group identities". They're just people to me, one by one. Sure enough, most of them are *facepalm* inspiring morons (who can never the less often have some amusement value), if even that (I find that more often than not people are simply boring zombies who lead mind numbingly dull lives), but I don't see that being a dedicated follower of fashion any "movement" makes.

To sum it up, I'll submit to you that the entire "hippie movement" can be boiled down to perhaps one hundred people (who were movers and shakers), maybe even less. The rest is just media hype and fearful spectators, in conjunction with people who simply make shit up aferwards. Significant events at the time such as The Vietnam War, The Paris Riots and The Prague Spring should be seen isolated from the trends of the time.

#444277 - 02/05/11 06:57 AM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Mr_47]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
Originally Posted By: Mr_47

That's actually quite funny. If I ave understood this correctly, the "gay" movement was something of the 70s, intended as a positive embracing of homosexuality rather than the traditional fear and shame complex.

On the lighter side: In the 1953 movie "From Here To Eternity" you can observe Montgomery Clift, playing the character Private Prewitt, casually entering The Gay Room upon his arrival at the Hawaiian Navy Base. Some common gay fantasies notwithstanding, I'd think that they have now changed the name of those recreational areas at American naval bases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
11893 Members
73 Forums
43641 Topics
404158 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements