Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#444292 - 02/05/11 11:08 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Bill_M]
skullunit Offline

Loc: "heavens waiting room"
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Originally Posted By: skullunit
Nice tee Reverend, if it were only in black... laugh

They make them in black too, and a dozen other colors:
http://www.noisebot.com/department_of_redundancy_department_t-shirt

I'm partial to the khaki myself.

Oh, I thought all LaVay satanist had to wear black. devilchili

#444301 - 02/05/11 01:06 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Lust Offline

Originally Posted By: Peter Sord
So what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

Mine and Citizen Prometheus' views are expressed on the track The Black Dragon Conclave [A Manifesto]. Available and free to preview at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tierinstinct
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#444302 - 02/05/11 01:12 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Bill_M]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
Here's a photograph I took myself sometime last fall. Yep, it's a Automatic Teller Machine machine. Stick in your card, and enter your "PIN number" (Personal Identification Number number).

It doesn't discriminate against users who may be LaVeyan Satanists, gay homosexuals, or old elderly.

This is a true fact. Consider it an added bonus.

Well, it's good to know that redundancy can be indiscriminate! grin

#444310 - 02/05/11 04:17 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Majic Offline

Loc: Sagittarius III
Visualize Whirled Peas

So what are your views on the white light spirituality hippie and new age movement?

I think they make great pets, if somewhat high-maintenance.

Though not as trainable or fastidious as chimpanzees, they bear the advantage of not requiring an exotic pet permit.

#444348 - 02/06/11 05:22 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Peter Sord Offline

To Tier Instinct: I really appreciate your music and will definitely research those tunes on a deeper level in the near future. I used to love bands like S.P.K, Test Department, Throbbing Gristle and old school Einstürzende Neubauten. Thank you for posting your musical samples, I really appreciate it.

The id instincts Eros and Libido and the carnal self versus spiritual pipe dreams right?

Damn some of you dudes are really funny. First of I am not from an English speaking country and therefore have some difficulties expressing myself the proper way, but I am working to improve my English language skills.

I made a typing error and meant LaVeyan satanism, and no I do not consider The Temple of Zet, Order of Nine Angels (ONA), The Luciferian Light Group or any home spun black metal devil worship ideology, as satanism at all.

I'm sorry that I was stating the obvious to you guys, but at least I gave you a good laugh with my silly rant. Anyway, what I wanted you experts to answer was the following deeper issues:

1. What were LaVeys views on Charles Manson being credited for ending the hippie movement?

2. LaVey seemed to prefer the 1940's in a lot of ways, did he have reactionary tendencies when it came to for example political issues? He wanted a police state where the weak where rooted out, right?

3. Did doctor LaVey agree with the hippie movement when it came to their views on free sexuality and the sexual revolution?

#444358 - 02/06/11 09:17 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
skullunit Offline

Loc: "heavens waiting room"
Anyway, what I wanted you experts to answer was the following deeper issues:

Hi,

I'm no "expert" but here is an idea, I'd like to recommend that you read the essay entitled Satanism the Feared Religion from the Satanic Scriptures by High Priest Peter H. Gilmore. This essay is available here Church of Satan.Com Here is a quote that I enjoy. "The philosophy of Satanism is delineated in the writings of Anton Szandor LaVey. His books include The Satanic Bible, The Satanic Rituals, The Satanic Witch, The Devil’s Notebook and Satan Speaks. All are currently in print and should be consulted by anyone interested in a complete picture of the views held by the Church of Satan."

Perhaps this could be considered "expert" advice, after all consider the source.skull

Edited by skullunit (02/06/11 09:21 AM)

#444379 - 02/06/11 10:53 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination

I made a typing error and meant LaVeyan satanism

Redundant. There is only one Satanism, it was codified and defined by Anton LaVey in 1966 when he founded the Church of Satan.

1. What were LaVeys views on Charles Manson being credited for ending the hippie movement?

2. LaVey seemed to prefer the 1940's in a lot of ways, did he have reactionary tendencies when it came to for example political issues? He wanted a police state where the weak where rooted out, right?

3. Did doctor LaVey agree with the hippie movement when it came to their views on free sexuality and the sexual revolution?

The answers you are looking for are within the various books printed by the Church of Satan and its members, primarily the Satanic Bible. I will say that a police state is anti-Satanic because such states are only interested in what the state wants, not the individual. Magus Gilmore explained that in his essay The Fascism Question, which is found in his book The Satanic Scriptures

#444383 - 02/06/11 11:10 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

Quote:

Questions 1 & 2 I do not know the answers to (although I can guess!). Your phrasing of the questions are highly suggestive.

As for number 3, he answers it in detail the Satanic Bible. Ultimately, he was unconcerned with "movements" that promote notions of sexuality that do not account for individual preference. If you are naturally monogamous, it would be unSatanic to engage in orgies; the opposite is also true. "Free Love" does not account for the strong sense of personal responsibility that Satanism does.

Satanists get to examine and explore their own sexuality without the idealized trappings of a movement, political or otherwise.

#444384 - 02/06/11 11:16 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Peter Sord]
XUL Offline

Loc: Oslo, Norway
LaVey seemed to prefer the 1940's in a lot of ways, did he have reactionary tendencies when it came to for example political issues? He wanted a police state where the weak where rooted out, right?

From all I've seen - i.e. his books, videos, etc. - Doktor LaVey was extremely pragmatic in his political views; realising, of course, that it's all ultimately about a social contract which basically states that I'll leave you alone to do whatver you bloody well please (within reason) as long as you'll do the same for me -- and then we should all cooperate to finance and handle such tasks as can reasonably be said to be "community interests" (police, fire brigade, etc.). It need not be much more complicated than that.

As far as "the police state" concerns, I suggest you think in terms of livestock. If you were a farmer, would you want to root out all your chickens and cows simply because they were unable to play chess and discuss philosophy with you? Of course not. You'd want to keep them because they are useful to you - but you'd want to keep them under watch as well, so that they in their moronic ways don't knock down the whole building and kill eachother, and this is really all that "law and order" is about.

As the other gentleman hinted at, there are however quite the number of people who in "the state" see a sort of secular God concept, i.e. an all-powerful and quite imaginary construct of the mind that you should "serve". This is what people normally mean when they talk in terms of totalitarian ideals and the police state - but this whole idea is unedible to a Satanist (who craves personal freedom).

The 1940s aesthetical preferences are just a question of personal tastes. If I'm not much mistaken, Doktor LaVey was quite fond of Film Noir and the fashions that came with that; and Film Noir had its heyday during the 40s.

#444391 - 02/06/11 11:41 AM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: XUL]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The 1940s aesthetical preferences are just a question of personal tastes. If I'm not much mistaken, Doktor LaVey was quite fond of Film Noir and the fashions that came with that; and Film Noir had its heyday during the 40s.

And lets not forget, he was born in 1930.

More than just personal taste though, aesthetics, in every aspect, is an important component of Magic.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#444395 - 02/06/11 12:07 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Phineas]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Originally Posted By: Phineas

And lets not forget, he was born in 1930.

Although I was born at the very end of the 50s, I also have an ever growing fascination with all things American between the very specific period of 1945 (immediately after WWII) to 1958 (just before Sputnik was launched, the beginning of the Modern Era).

This corresponds roughly with the Golden Age of noir films.

One of the best ways to appreciate this era is by listening to the old hard-boiled detective and crime noir radio shows of that time - of which thousands still exist and can be downloaded in MP3 form for free from www.archive.org.

My MP3 player usually has only about ten songs, but hundreds of half hour noir radio dramas. At about 10MB per half hour, it is a very economical use of solid state memory.

The writing and acting and sound effects were amazing, and I am always perplexed at the lack of interest of most in this mostly forgotten part of American heritage.

That specific period possesses a magic that will never be repeated.

#444400 - 02/06/11 12:34 PM Re: LaVey satanism and the hippie movement. [Re: Quaark]
Spelled Moon Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Germany
Your beautiful description of them is the best teaser, and as long as there are people, who spread the word about those magical radio creations, they won't become forgotten. smile

#444752 - 02/09/11 01:01 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Peter Sord]
Matthew Miles Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Ghent, NY

I thought this was hilarious!

#444781 - 02/09/11 06:02 PM Re: LaVey satanism [Re: Matthew Miles]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Forum Stats
12201 Members
73 Forums
43985 Topics
406073 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements