Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
Quote:
You've been very kind to educate me about the workings of LttD and its systems

I have no clue how it operates.

Quote:
am I one of the seagulls?

One person to answer 100's of monotonous cries for help? Yes. In my eyes.

Quote:
So, in order to work on the upgrades, the member's section access routine has been deactivated?

I would not know as I have no access.

Quote:
Clearly you have some sort of insight I lack, either in computer experience or, as you suggested earlier, in helping the Magister out personally. Could you clear that up- Are you an actual bee in the hive, or is it an educated guess?

Clearly an uneducated guess, as I have no inside info, only personal observations.

Quote:
So someone is looking through the emails to find the info needed?

No, of course not. If I were looking for a piece of code to solve a puzzle, having a metric ton of code dropped on my head would not help resolve matters.

Quote:
You go on to remind me that, though I am a CoS member, I am missing something and that though you are not a member, you have learned it. Is there something outside the CoS that I should be looking into?

I am not recognized as a member on this board. You are not overlooking anything but the obvious.

The moderators of this board I trust are having a good laugh at my expense, yet I was unable to resist.
Quote:

Is the list of things I can do for Magister Ventrue to earn my place downstairs hidden for the worthy student like so many ancient mysteries?

I would not know. As a new member of this forum I have nothing to offer other than find a seat and hold your tongue.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396502 - 09/30/09 03:06 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Ninth_Cimmerian]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

"Sit & Spin" comes to mind for you, yet you are too young to remember that toy...

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396503 - 09/30/09 03:08 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Well that was a strange conversation confused

#396524 - 09/30/09 08:24 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
First of all, I'd like to express my appreciation to Delta for that extensive exchange.

Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies. When listing movies I admire, it is rarely lower than #2.

The gulls are disparaged by the protagonists in the movie. They are simply pursuing their individual desire - however simple it is. They don't pretend to be something they are not nor do they try to give the appearance of understanding things they do not. They know what they want and attempt to obtain it with their abilities. They are amorally selfish (and I say that in the most complimentary manner).

I've not mentioned the fact that I am awaiting downstairs access for over two months. So, my "Mine!"s are rather infrequent. I replied so Delta and others in the same predicament will know it is not an individual problem.

I am living my life contentedly without downstairs access. I would enjoy reading the contributions of and exchanging experiences, perspectives, and techniques with the people who participate there. But it is not essential to my journey as a COS member.

HS!
Mine! devilchili

#396570 - 09/30/09 04:02 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Never have I been more content to be a seagull than as I read your post, thank you! You also put my wait in perspective and did indeed keep me from feeling alone since few others seemed to be in the same predicament (as you know seagulls are born, not made). Anyhow I have faith that we will transcend to the downstairs soon enough,

-Johnathan Livingston

#396576 - 09/30/09 04:21 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Thank you both!

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396579 - 09/30/09 04:33 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Ninth_Cimmerian Offline

CoS Warlock

Loc: Washington State
grin

You're still a-ok in my book old goat. smile

Perhaps I'll properly motivate you towards higher plateaus of experience one day.

Survival Is The Highest Law!

#396658 - 10/01/09 09:08 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: NapalmNick]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I posted this in the Announcements section but wanted to re-post it here:

--------------------------
I would like to announce a change to the CoS Members Access to the downstairs hidden forums.

All CoS Members with VIP Access should now email me with requests to gain access to the CoS Members Forums downstairs.

In your email please include your Username on LttD and a photo or scan of both your CoS Membership card and a valid government issued ID card.

Email the above information to ventrue@satannet.com

Once I receive the request I will process your account and grant you access to the CoS Members Forums.

Thank you!
----------------------------

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#396756 - 10/02/09 01:57 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Ninth_Cimmerian]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

After surviving this winter, I shall call you on your offer. Old Goat. If you could see me now.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396986 - 10/04/09 12:46 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
In case anyone is still having trouble, following Magister Ventrue's instructions worked perfectly. He promptly granted me the privilege of access to the Members' Section.

Many thanks to all!

HS!

#396993 - 10/04/09 02:34 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Indeed it did, I've been euphoric playing in all the downstairs forums. Thank you very much all involved in the new system and especially Magister Ventrue!

#444028 - 02/01/11 07:17 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
John Prophet Offline

CoS Member

Loc: My suburban lair
I received my CoS Membership card in late October and first sent in my information to gain approval to access the CoS Members Forums, shortly thereafter. However, I just realized that I may have made a mistake when sending my original e-mail.

I apologize if this has caused any confusion and I would happily resend my information if necessary. The e-mail address that Iíve been using is ventrue@satannet.com; which Iím assuming is still correct.

I would greatly appreciate any advice about how to proceed at this point since Iím not sure whether there is actually a problem or if this is simply the amount of time that this process should be expected to take.

Thank you very much!

HS!

#444030 - 02/01/11 07:27 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: John Prophet]
Mr_47 Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Pure Imagination
I would presume there is a queue, since Magister Frost has been initiating a lot of upgrades, and is getting ready to launch the new Upgrade system.

#444052 - 02/02/11 12:09 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: John Prophet]
Colonel Kurtz Offline
CoS Member

I had recieved my red card in Sept. and sent Magister Frost an email then. I a follow up email in Oct. and still have not recieved a reply. I am in the middle of moving duty stations and will try again when I settle in.

I think what I mean is that it may be awhile.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12172 Members
73 Forums
43940 Topics
405810 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements