Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#452076 - 05/16/11 01:17 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Paistemage]
Scuz Offline

Loc: Michigan
Originally Posted By: Paistemage
Hatred Incarnate...

Did you mean "Elie Wiesel?" The book was entitled "Night," I read that and "Maus" when I was twelve.

We finished reading Night in my survival stories class a few weeks ago. it's mostly a class about the holocaust and my teacher is Jewish and was surprised at how much I knew on the topic (considering all the hours of research I've done in my spare time).

We have a holocaust survivor coming to my school tomorrow to tell us his story, It's quite interesting for me.

Edited by Scuz (05/16/11 01:18 PM)

#452087 - 05/16/11 05:54 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Scuz]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Originally Posted By: Scuz

We finished reading Night in my survival stories class a few weeks ago. it's mostly a class about the holocaust and my teacher is Jewish and was surprised at how much I knew on the topic (considering all the hours of research I've done in my spare time).

We have a holocaust survivor coming to my school tomorrow to tell us his story, It's quite interesting for me.

Wow, that sounds really interesting. You must go to a fun school. What grade are you in? How old are you?

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#452122 - 05/17/11 12:48 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Liberterius]
Scuz Offline

Loc: Michigan
18 as of february, I am a junior. Hopefully I will be graduating soon.

#452131 - 05/17/11 05:24 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Liberterius]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
We used to do a similar thing in my school, meeting elderly folk who were evacuated from London during the second world war.
It you aren't familiar with the event, all the kids 12 and under were taken on trains to the furthest rural areas of Wales, Cornwall and north England to escape the bombings of the larger cities. They stayed with local families and went to local schools and such, before returning home after the war was over.
That was how many families came to settle in the rural region I grew up in, they came back even after the war having liked it so much.

#452269 - 05/20/11 08:02 AM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Liberterius]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
I took an IQ test for Mensa a few weeks ago, haven't gotten the results back but it wasn't really challenging. I mean, looking at a set of figures and then drawing a logical conclusion of what the following figure should be, who can't do that?

Anyways, I wouldn't say I was the most intelligent child, though I'd probably fit into the top 5% in my class. I was more of a 'street smart' kid I would say. I knew nobody liked a smart-ass, so I made sure never to show off any skills. Memory has always been my strong side, I could memorize and organize things easier than other kids, at least so it seemed to me. I scored highest in my class in geography and biology, subjects where you need to remember a lot of things. I've always had a strong interest for biology, and even now i can spend hours reading scientific articles on cancer, viruses, how the human brain works, etc etc. Too bad I didn't do well in other subjects in school, or I could have been a great doctor. =/

#452343 - 05/21/11 12:42 AM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Liberterius]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I was in all gifted and honors classes through out school.

During my Marine Corps days I was always top 5 of my technical and leadership training courses.

I now work in Corrections and graduated both the state of Florida and Federal corrections academies as honor grad with awards for firearms proficiency.

I've never gone to college. I started a program once right before we invaded Iraq in '03. Never started it again. Maybe I should.

#452472 - 05/22/11 03:52 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Liberterius]
john hunter Offline

Intelligence Quotient...
I have heard that such tests must be tailored to a demographic in order that the overall average of the various local populations not drop to low. I have never taken such a test.

I have also heard that a man will recognize a wise man as one thinks the same way they do.

but at the end of the day I suppose your altitude on the ladder is the bottom line. A subject of many curses from many tongues,
including the tongue of our namesake, apparently, before being hurled down to us like lightning from the sky.

"Question all things," that is the element in the equation of my mind that has landed me here, clicking away at a keyboard for you.

#452473 - 05/22/11 03:56 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: john hunter]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>> I have also heard that a man will recognize a wise man as one thinks the same way they do. <<

Or women. grin

I saw on a rather attractive young lady's blog some man had posted: "I'd love to fuck your brains out"

To which the girl replied... "But it seems you haven't got any."

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#452482 - 05/22/11 06:34 PM Re: Realization of Intelligence as a child? [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
john hunter Offline

Originally Posted By: Rev_Strongbone
>>

I saw on a rather attractive young lady's blog some man had posted: "I'd love to fuck your brains out"

To which the girl replied... "But it seems you haven't got any."

ha ha ha lol rofl... wait a minute... ! mad

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements