Topic Options
#444917 - 02/11/11 11:23 PM "Reverends" of the Church of Satan
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
From the Church of Satan website: http://www.churchofsatan.com/Pages/Affiliation.html

Registered Member (no degree)
Active Member—Satanist (First Degree)
Witch/Warlock (Second Degree)
Priestess/Priest (Third Degree)
Magistra/Magister (Fourth Degree)
Maga/Magus (Fifth Degree)

My question is how does the rank of "Reverend" come into play in the Church of Satan? From the degrees listed on the Church of Satan website the rank of Reverend is not listed, unless it is the first degree - which is active member. But, on the COS website I see "Reverend" Colonel Akula. And from Satanism Today - "Reverend" David Harris. (Exellent radio show I must add)

So, what rank is Reverend?

Edited by Lamar Drummer (02/11/11 11:24 PM)

Shit Lamar Says

#444924 - 02/11/11 11:47 PM Re: "Reverends" of the Church of Satan [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Reverend is a title (as opposed to rank) that may refer to either a male or female holding the rank of at least Priest or Priestess.

In other words, one is required to hold at least a Third Degree rank of Priest or Priestess, to be referred to as Reverend.

At the same time, those above the Third Degree, i.e. Magisters or Magistras, holding the Fourth Degree, are also Reverends, and may choose (at their discretion) to continue to be referred to as such.

That is to say, having already been titled as Reverends (a title denoting elevation to the Third Degree, and not a rank per se), they do not cease to be so when they are elevated to the rank of Fourth Degree of Magister or Magistra.

High Priest Peter H. Gilmore and High Priestess Peggy Nadramia are also titled Reverends of the Church of Satan, holding the ranks of Fifth Degree, of Magus and Maga, respectively.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#444925 - 02/11/11 11:49 PM Re: "Reverends" of the Church of Satan [Re: Lamar Drummer]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

If you had bothered reading further, you would have seen the following:

Those who hold the Third through Fifth degrees are all members of the Priesthood of Mendes and individuals with these titles may be called “Reverend.”
Prevention of Virtue

S Magazine 1 & 2
S Magazine 3

#444927 - 02/11/11 11:58 PM Re: "Reverends" of the Church of Satan [Re: LKRice]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: LKRice
If you had bothered reading further, you would have seen the following:

Those who hold the Third through Fifth degrees are all members of the Priesthood of Mendes and individuals with these titles may be called “Reverend.”

Well I'll be. I guess I skimmed over it when I first read it.

Shit Lamar Says

Forum Stats
11895 Members
73 Forums
43648 Topics
404207 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements