Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#387606 - 07/13/09 05:36 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
DevilMan_nc Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte/Concord, NC
I received the cofimation email but still don't hav access as well. Also I requested the CoS Member banner around my profole picture over at the Undercroft but it's not appeared as of yet.

#387655 - 07/13/09 12:58 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Magister Frost Offline

CoS Magister

Loc: Dallas, Texas
For everyone, sadly this is my fault, it is kind of an administrative issue on my part. Since the subscription system is in place and changed a bit there are a few extra things that need to be done to your accounts in order to get you access to the CoS Members section. I have not "properly" informed HP Nadramia about these changes so she has been doing it the "old" way which does not work. I am in the process of changing this so please bare with me while I get her up to speed.

Thank you!

From Hell,

Magister Frost

---------------------------------------
We're all around you, are you one of Us?
---------------------------------------
- The Church of Satan Emporium
- Satannet.com
- churchofsatan.com

#387680 - 07/13/09 02:55 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Magister Frost]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
Thank you High Priestess Nadramia and Magister Ventrue!

Given the *MASSIVE* amount of development that has gone into both LttD and Undercroft in the past six months by Magister Ventrue, it is a real testament to his talent and efforts that these places work so well and with such style. It speaks highly of his work that subtle issues like this one are the ones we are finding now.

HMV!
HS!

#387695 - 07/13/09 04:57 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
DevilMan_nc Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Charlotte/Concord, NC
Originally Posted By: Atreus
Thank you High Priestess Nadramia and Magister Ventrue!

Given the *MASSIVE* amount of development that has gone into both LttD and Undercroft in the past six months by Magister Ventrue, it is a real testament to his talent and efforts that these places work so well and with such style. It speaks highly of his work that subtle issues like this one are the ones we are finding now.

HMV!
HS!

I have to echo what Atreus said above! Thanks Magister Ventrue.

#388342 - 07/20/09 11:47 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: DevilMan_nc]
CBKS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: D/FW Texas
I don't have access to the CoS Members-only section in this forum yet either. I am patient as I know that Magister Ventrue and High Priestess Nadramia are very busy individuals. I look forward to being apart of that forum. smile

HS!

#388356 - 07/21/09 04:22 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: CBKS]
Skyla Offline

CoS Member

Hello CBKS,

did you already send an e-mail to Magister Ventrue about this?

Meanwhile he sent out two e-mails one titled "VIP Member Information Request" and the other "VIP Information Request - Part 2". Did you get those?

In the first one he asks all VIP Members to e-mail him the following information:

Paypal Email Address (Used to Subscribe):
Undercroft Login Email Address (used to sign up):
Letters to the Devil Login Address:

(To: ventrue@satannet.com)

In his second e-mail he adds:

Originally Posted By: MagisterVentrue
Reply to this message ONLY if you are having one or more of the following issues:

- You Do Not have VIP Access on the Undercroft
- You Do Not have VIP Access on Letters to the Devil
- You Are a CoS Member but do not have a CoS Badge on the Undercroft
- Cannot figure out how to apply the VIP Badge on Letters to the Devil

If you are having one or more of these issues please reply to this email with:

- Your Undercroft Account Email Address
- Your Letters to the Devil Email Address
- Which problem(s) you are having

#388498 - 07/22/09 01:33 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Skyla]
CBKS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: D/FW Texas
Hi Skyla,

Thank you for that information. smile

I sent out the requested info and am now just waiting.

#395793 - 09/23/09 04:22 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Magister Frost]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
I've waited (and paid) for two months to get member section access without a word from any of the email addresses involved, and I'm beginning to wonder if all I've sent has been getting stuck in spam filters. If the wait is generally over 7 weeks or central is just that busy, I apologize, but I wanted to post here to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong on my end. Is the process still to email the administration address with name, username and red card number?

#395852 - 09/24/09 09:45 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
Warlock Atreus Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Dallas TX
Same here. I've been waiting since January and have been paid the entire time, as well. For a while I actually wondered if there really was a members' section. But if you look at the Forum stats below, there are 73 and I can only see 26.

And yes, I have jumped through all the hoops specified - multiple times in some cases.

#396343 - 09/28/09 10:08 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Warlock Atreus]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Colorado
Perhaps you folks doth stomp and scream and complain too often, demanding paid access without providing worthy contributions as to why you should have said access. Only an observation from one who is a casual participant.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396345 - 09/28/09 10:25 PM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Originally Posted By: Talon Pierce
Perhaps you folks doth stomp and scream and complain too often

I tried to word that post as politely as possible as I'm more concerned that my emails were not received (spam filters, etc), and I wanted to post it here to confirm. I see nothing in my original post or the one after me that could be called "Stomping and Screaming". Merely informing the Admins of a possible problem.

Originally Posted By: Talon Pierce
demanding paid access without providing worthy contributions as to why you should have said access

I am demanding nothing, I am asking if I've left out some step in the system. I have paid for access to the VIP section which I have recieved, and am a CoS member, these are to my memory the only requirements for access to the downstairs, that and an email I've sent a few times to the emails concerned. I was unaware that anyone had to provide a "Worthy Contribution" in addition to that. May I ask what sort of contribution you think I should have made?

#396488 - 09/30/09 12:52 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Please forgive my rudeness, as I am still learning to communicate my thoughts online without giving offense. I represent none other than myself.

The board is under reconstruction, Magister Ventrue has an extremely full plate, co ordinating access and permissions here with Admin, while they are streamlining their own operations is a monumental task!

All members will reap the benefits from these sites once upgrades are complete. I should think that efforts to assist rather than distract might help resolve issues like the one you are experiencing right now.

I have issues like yours, as do many others. My post was not to be taken personally by you, but a quick blanket observation.

My apologies if you were offended, that was not my intent.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396490 - 09/30/09 01:10 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

No offense taken but I still find your words enigmatic- What specifically do you think we should be doing to help Magister Ventrue and earn our access? I'd think letting him know our problems would be assisting. Beyond that I am unaware of what he needs, if there's a forum I'm missing where he posts ways we can help the boards please link me, I'd be happy to assist in any way I can, regardless of how it affects my access to the downstairs.

Again, what exactly do you think I should be contributing?

#396496 - 09/30/09 01:46 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Delta]
Talon Pierce Offline

CoS Member

Let me attempt to describe what I see in terms I understand. I may be incorrect of course, but it is MY interpretation.

In the movie "Finding Nemo," I believe, there is a group of gulls that see a meal and drone " Mine! Mine! Mine!"

In an effort to consolidate several systems linked together into a cohesive unit that share compatible protocols, several subroutines are taken offline. The users of those sub routines are inconvenienced to the extreme, causing an uproar of user requests to correct the problem.

Filtering through those requests to find valid information needed to complete the conversion is very time consuming, and detracts from the original mission of having a cohesive unit that can efficiently process those requests...

This is only my stray thought I took several minutes to write. What effort might you contribute?

Listen and look, as there is more going on here than I can answer. You have CoS Member under your name, I may never have one.

HS HT BNTE

FTP

#396498 - 09/30/09 02:23 AM Re: CoS Members' Section? [Re: Talon Pierce]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

You'll have to forgive me, but your words are a bit classier than what I can readily understand. You've been very kind to educate me about the workings of LttD and its systems, I hope you'll be kind enough to write one more explanatory post, for a fellow Coloradoan?

Originally Posted By: TalonPierce
In the movie "Finding Nemo," I believe, there is a group of gulls that see a meal and drone " Mine! Mine! Mine!"

Sorry I'm asking you to explain even that, but am I one of the seagulls? Am I really acting a thieving magpie just by asking if my emails have gone askew? Or is Atreus out of line to politely mention that he hasn't received a paid service for 9 months of payment? I suspect I'm misreading your Finding Nemo reference, I am much more like Dori (Ellen's funny fish) in that I'm utterly ignorant of what's going on before my eyes here.

In an effort to consolidate several systems linked together into a cohesive unit that share compatible protocols, several subroutines are taken offline. The users of those sub routines are inconvenienced to the extreme, causing an uproar of user requests to correct the problem.

So, in order to work on the upgrades, the member's section access routine has been deactivated? Clearly you have some sort of insight I lack, either in computer experience or, as you suggested earlier, in helping the Magister out personally. Could you clear that up- Are you an actual bee in the hive, or is it an educated guess? If the access granting doodad is offline, please let me know, then I can rest assured and stop pestering the board and generous Admins with emails wondering if my original emails were received. I'd really hate to be another pin on the pile, so your insight here is most valuable to me.

Filtering through those requests to find valid information needed to complete the conversion is very time consuming, and detracts from the original mission of having a cohesive unit that can efficiently process those requests...

So someone is looking through the emails to find the info needed? My emails usually contain little more than the basics, but if you think resending my email to High Priestess Nadramia with only the required info (and removing my usual pleases and thankyous) would help her, I'll go ahead and do that. I'm sorry I don't know what you mean about a 'cohesive unit', please rephrase that for me if it's important. Again I thank you for your time in explaining this to me.

What effort might you contribute? Listen and look, as there is more going on here than I can answer. You have CoS Member under your name, I may never have one.

Here's where I'm really lost. I've listened and looked across the forum for info to help me get downstairs without annoying the kind Admins more than I have already. You suggest you are bound not to answer more specifically, which strikes me as bizarre, everyone here has always been honest and open about forum etiquette and procedure. You go on to remind me that, though I am a CoS member, I am missing something and that though you are not a member, you have learned it. Is there something outside the CoS that I should be looking into? Does your superior insight come from another unspoken source? Is the list of things I can do for Magister Ventrue to earn my place downstairs hidden for the worthy student like so many ancient mysteries?

I can't tell you how much help you've been here already. You have my most sincere gratitude and again I apologize for asking so much of you, but you're clearly in the know and I'm but an average user who doesn't know why his internet isn't working. Won't you please shed some light for an ignorant seagull? Maybe then I can finally find Nemo myself (I really do love Pixar movies).

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Forum Stats
12105 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405515 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements