Topic Options
#446647 - 03/04/11 05:14 PM Paradoxal thaught
Hermes Qabalah Offline

Loc: Canada
I understood that satanism is about individualism, experiencing control and power in life on ourself as on others, doing whatever you want, experiencing pleasures, whatever the way you see them and so on. But at the same time, satanism promote the law of self-preservation, discipline, like for example, that the good satanic follower should avoid drugs and things that sicken the body and alter thinking; because people that takes those drugs are to weak to feel good in life without drugs, that drugs are for the slaves. Well my question is, if self-preservation is a must in the cult of satanism, do satanism promote self-preservation at a planetery scall. It gotta be hard being a king without any kindom, right?

#446650 - 03/04/11 05:27 PM Re: Paradoxal thaught [Re: Hermes Qabalah]
Hermes Qabalah Offline

Loc: Canada
There is other reasons in satanism that promote self-preservation, like living as long as possible...And it's those precises reasons that start getting in conflict with doing everything I want without caring about my environment.

#446652 - 03/04/11 05:54 PM Re: Paradoxal thaught [Re: Hermes Qabalah]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

...do satanism promote self-preservation at a planetery scall.

No. Each individual chooses what they want to engage themselves in.

Science, logic and reason guide the Satanist in matters like this, and therefore do not blindly accept that which is being promoted. The Satanist questions everything, and decides if the ideas presented are consistent with scientific evidence. Then they will proceed accordingly.

It gotta be hard being a king without any kindom, right?

Yes, but there first must be incontrovertible evidence that the kingdom is actually and factually crumbling.

Again, the Satanist looks at what is being claimed, conducts their own research, questions everything about the claim and arrives at a conclusion based on demonstrable facts and evidence, then proceeds to act as they see fit. All on an individual basis.

"Caring" about the planet and self preservation are not mutually exclusive. The Balance Factor comes into play.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12020 Members
73 Forums
43831 Topics
405237 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements