Topic Options
#447271 - 03/12/11 07:30 PM Vegetarianism
A Skeptic Offline

Hello. I am someone who heard of Satanism a long time ago, and recently decided on a whim to research it online. I read all the information on your website. I am fascinated by your world view, and honestly a lot of the key aspects of this religion are similar to the moral code that I developed for myself over the years. I naturally want to do a lot more research before deciding anything, but so far this philosophy seems a good fit for me.

However, I do have a question. One of your key beliefs is to cause no harm to non-human animals. I was wondering what you thought of vegetarianism? I am a pescatarian (eat only fish) myself, since I never felt right eating most other animals.

What are some of your thoughts on this, COS members. I realize most members chose their own beliefs, this being a religion which (refreshingly) ENCOURAGES free thought, but is there some official stance taken by the church? Is this answered somewhere in the Satanic Bible, and I should have just shut my mouth until my copy arrived from amazon?

Thanks,

A Skeptic

#447272 - 03/12/11 07:42 PM Re: Vegetarianism [Re: A Skeptic]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

What you eat is your business.

#447273 - 03/12/11 07:42 PM Re: Vegetarianism [Re: A Skeptic]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

...is there some official stance taken by the church?

No. Each member decides what works best for them.

Is this answered somewhere in the Satanic Bible...

Refer to the Eleven Satanic Rules of the Earth , Number 10.

...and I should have just shut my mouth until my copy arrived from amazon?

That, and read everything at the Church of Satan website. You should then understand that Satanism is a religion, not just a philosophy.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406357 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements