Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#447294 - 03/13/11 06:32 AM Your Username...
Hayden JDS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
After a funny remark from one of the forum users I had a thought...

Many of you have great usernames, some obvious of their origins, some not.

Would anyone care to share the meaning or story behind their usernames?

#447296 - 03/13/11 06:39 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Hayden JDS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
My username is actually my medical record number in my home state. Seemed fitting enough to be my username at the time, it's only a few days out from my birthdate too.

#447318 - 03/13/11 02:40 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
My username is the name of the devil in the movie called Legend. That movie was my upmost favorite in my childhood years so I adopted it here.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#447320 - 03/13/11 03:56 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Lust Offline

Visit http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/tierinstinct and preview Track 9: Tier Instinct
You can purchase the track which explains the name. I would be interested in your thoughts should you hear it through.

Edited by Tier Instinct (03/13/11 04:03 PM)
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#447323 - 03/13/11 04:36 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Liberterius Offline

I wanted to make a Latin, intelligent sounding name that would express freedom, so I came up with "Liberterius." *shrugs*

And then my picture is William Adama from Battlestar Galactica.

#447329 - 03/13/11 06:08 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
skullunit Offline

Loc: "heavens waiting room"
Loved the movie Legend I always root for the devil and Tim Curry played it well. Also a huge Battlestar fan! My username is just a spin of the moniker I often use; skully. My avatar is Asher; a most cunning character from the Spartacus series.

#447335 - 03/13/11 08:51 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: skullunit]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: skullunit
Loved the movie Legend I always root for the devil and Tim Curry played it well.

He he.

Originally Posted By: Tim Curry

I Am the Lord of Darkness... I require the solace of the shadows... And the dark of the night... Sunshine is my destroyer...

His voice acting is epic. cool

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#447337 - 03/13/11 10:58 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
DCLXVI Offline

CoS Member

Loc: U.S.A.
As I have said in a post a couple of years ago, my user name is, obviously, 666 in "Roman Numerals." When I joined LttD, I wanted what I thought would be an original user name. So, there it is.

One of the dispatchers in our office saw it on the back of my jacket and asked me to "Turn around," so he could get it right. He Googled it, and said, "That's what I thought it said. Cool."
Another dispatcher (VERY xtian) asked him, "What does it say?"
"666"
"Oh?" and a "strange look" at me. devilchili

#447339 - 03/13/11 11:15 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: DCLXVI]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: DCLXVI
He Googled it,

What a moron. crazy

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#447345 - 03/14/11 01:00 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Mine was originally developed as the name of a demon in a comic script I was writing. I was playing around with words, and since Satan is the adversary I took the word "versus", then I thought of the demon Pazuzu which I remembered from the stories of Tardi. So, mixing those two together I came up with something that I thought was unique.

I've since found out that it actually is a word in some language.

#447347 - 03/14/11 01:28 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Delta is an acronym for "Don't Ever Lick The Afterbirth".

#447348 - 03/14/11 01:38 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
ATLAS666 Offline

Loc: Phil
My username is taken from my real name spelled backward.

#447349 - 03/14/11 01:41 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
NapalmNick Offline
CoS Member

My username is actually quite boring.

Firstly, "Nick" is an abbreviation of my given name, Nikolailo-colas Machiacaesar.

Secondly, "Napalm" is a jelly-like substance, and I like jelly. Just kidding, it's actually a reference to the mid 80's grindcore band Napalm Afterbirth. The lead singer/bassist called himself Waldo Napalm so I figured I'd switch it around and pretend to be original.

"May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house." --George Carlin, Playin' With Your Head

"[There is] no contradiction between saying 'evolution has no purpose' and 'organisms have purposes'; just different vocabularies for different levels of description." --Sean Carroll

#447356 - 03/14/11 06:48 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
JSBlack Offline
<B>CoS Member</B>

Loc: South Wales
JSBlack is sort of a take on the name of a favoured composer of mine J. S. Bach, plus, adding to this my surname is Blackmoor and my first name begins with a J, it seemed fitting. The S in the middle of my name can be anything you like. skull

#447389 - 03/14/11 02:38 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
Simple.. Satan + Anonymous

I had the (1) part in the end of my name as the symbol of individuality, but it got removed coz I didn't like how it looked like.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43977 Topics
406020 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements