Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#447484 - 03/15/11 03:01 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
"Conquer or perish" is a phrase from the book Might Is Right: Survival of the Fittest by Ragnar Redbeard, an inspiration for The Satanic Bible.

Edited by ConquerOrPerish (03/15/11 03:14 PM)

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#447489 - 03/15/11 03:15 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: verszou]
ConquerOrPerish Offline

Loc: DC Metro Area
Is the demon in your comic strip named "verszou" or "versus"?

"Making a difference makes sense only if you are convinced that you have mastered the subject at hand to the point where any difference you might make would be for the better." -Thomas Sowell

#447491 - 03/15/11 03:56 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

My current name is a personal joke to myself, regarding a fellow filmmaker friend who praised me on my technique.

Dr. LaVey once wrote how people who spell magic with a "k," aren't.

I think I'm a better writer. wink

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#447534 - 03/16/11 01:12 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: ConquerOrPerish]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: ConquerOrPerish
Is the demon in your comic strip named "verszou" or "versus"?

Verszou the corrupter was the name I had intended for him. My artist dropped out of the project, so it was never realized. I have him as a supporting character in another story, but apart form that I've mostly used it as a character name when I played online MMRPG.

It seems appropriate to use the name again here, because I was bored with the games and started listening to "Satanism today" on RFS which eventually led me here smile

#447539 - 03/16/11 03:29 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Slesk:

Danish

Pronunciation
IPA: /sle&#720;sk/, [sl&#805;e&#720;&#704;s&#609;&#778;]
Adjective
slesk (neuter slesk or sleskt, definite and plural sleske)
wheedling, insinuating, smarmy
oily, obsequious
fawning
Adverb
slesk
insinuatingly
obsequiously

#447585 - 03/16/11 08:12 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
KeithL67 Offline

Loc: Ala6amA, USA
Mine is simple and dull, my name Keith L. and 67 the year of my birth. Have been wanting to change it to Kern. Ive used that user name for about 8 years on various sites. At one time I was into Celtic mythology and a Gaulish deity of nature and or fertility, Cernunnos "the horned" one drew my attention, but I didn't want to call myself that, so I shortened it to Kern with a K. Ironically I had never heard of the form Kern for some reason until after I started using it as a user name online.

Edited by KeithL67 (03/16/11 08:35 PM)

#447591 - 03/16/11 10:56 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
womanking Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
womanking: portrays female dominance- after years of manipulation, itís finally my turn to take the throne wink

#447600 - 03/17/11 03:42 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: womanking]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Originally Posted By: womanking
womanking: portrays female dominance- after years of manipulation, itís finally my turn to take the throne wink

Seeing the name I actually expected you to be male. It sounds like name a black rapper would choose. Like Ladysmith.

Man - king of women.

Recently women in England, who previously could get cheaper car insurance, have been told they'll have to pay the same as men. And they don't like it.

They don't like equality when they get it.

I have no time for feminists.

www.uvray.moonfruit.com

#447672 - 03/18/11 10:42 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Storm Offline
CoS Member

Loc: West Valley, UT, USA
My username is the same as the pseudonym I've used everywhere (real world and virtual) for a number of years. Storm was the name my Mom was going to name my younger brother because he was born in December - a stormy time of year. Ultimately, he was named something entirely different, but I loved the powerful sounding name when I was told that story.

So, when I also realized that there was another individual of the same name as my given name (first and last), who was graduating the same year as I (although at the rival high school), in a small town in Idaho, I thought, "Although I'm proud of my name and who I am, it's too common for an Artist". And "Storm" was adopted.

Now, it has become synonymous with me and my work, it's easy for others to remember (especially when referring me as an Artist), and certainly not common.

I should note, however, if I ever publish anything outside of my visual works, I will absolutely use my full given name with "Storm" incorporated in the middle.

"When Hell is Full of Souls, The Tattooed Will Walk the Earth."
~Bob Tyrrell, The Night Gallery Tattoo

Facebook: facebook.com/artonyoustudios

#447682 - 03/18/11 01:59 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

Thorn being the defense mechanism for the rose. I have used it since 97, as it was my first email address (thorn_9) so I have stuck with it.

#447708 - 03/19/11 05:35 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Sammi Offline

My full name is Samantha, but I prefer to be called Sammi - hence my username. smile

#447728 - 03/19/11 09:05 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
My name is spelled "JEHJr.", but it is pronounced "Throat Wobbler Mangrove". grin(For Monty Python fans)

#447744 - 03/20/11 12:11 AM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Mine was given to me by a Native American shaman after a ritual I assisted in the construction of. After a strange (possibly psychadelic) experiance he explained to me what he believed he'd seen in the ritual, and told me I was a spirit meant to guide others. Valtiel - Guide/valet of God.

#447797 - 03/20/11 07:16 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Hayden JDS]
Plague Offline

Loc: Ohio
Mine comes from the last name of a Prof. of Religious Studies at UNC- Chapel Hill. He has authored numerous books regarding issues of historical and scriptural problems that plague Christianity. I enjoy his work immensely.

#447799 - 03/20/11 07:22 PM Re: Your Username... [Re: Plague]
Zaftig Offline
CoS Witch

I am familiar with Prof. Bart Ehrman's work, and used them in some of my classes.

It's funny, because when I first read your username I immediately thought of him, but wondered only if you had the same last name.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Forum Stats
12195 Members
73 Forums
43972 Topics
405992 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements