Topic Options
#44750 - 06/14/04 12:18 PM Who's Been Banned link...
Mike_Hargis Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Bensalem, PA (Philly 'burbs)
With all the people being banned lately, maybe you could put a link with the list of who's been banned & when. It'd be kind of fun to log in & check to see the lastest banishments!

www.myspace.com/satanist_in_pa
www.massagespace.net/Details/CMT-in-NE-Philly
www.brightfuse.com/mikehargis
www.facebook.com/people/Mike_Hargis/1381346496

#44751 - 06/14/04 12:23 PM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
>>With all the people being banned lately, maybe you could put a link with the list of who's been banned & when. It'd be kind of fun to log in & check to see the lastest banishments!<<

It would be better to concentrate on logging in and reading the more productive posts, rather than concentrating on who the damp squibs are.

Who gives a fuck about them?

#44752 - 06/14/04 12:48 PM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Mike_Hargis]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The designation "Banned User" and black name that we have started using is not so much to amuse you, as it is to point out who is a waste of your time to respond to, and hopefully remove some of the pointless flaming in the outer forums. I can't see what point a list of banned users would serve the general audience.

Also, "with all the people being banned lately" is inaccurate. Pedantic posters have always been banned, just as they are now, the only difference is that it was not readily apparent because their name and title did not change with their departure.

#44753 - 07/09/04 03:09 PM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
Rex28 Offline

I agree with Molestrangler a hundred percent. Who really gives **** about them?

#44754 - 07/14/04 12:33 PM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Rex28]
Nyarlathotep Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nashville, TN
It COULD serve as a good deterrant for newbies who want to stir up shit, especially if it were supplied with a reasoning for their banning...

<shrug>

Just a thought...

"So now you'll see that evil will always triumph...because good is dumb."
-Dark Helmet, Spaceballs

HAIL SATAN!!

#44755 - 10/10/04 07:10 PM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Nyarlathotep]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
I think it would MAYBE be a good idea as a deterrent, as has been said, pointing out why people have been banned in an effort to assist people not sure of what conduct is acceptable.

The thing is, would it be a good return for the moderators/administrators time? While I can see the merit to such an idea, I doubt the end would justify the means.

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

#44756 - 10/11/04 02:48 AM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: The_Sixth_Circle]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Quote:

I think it would MAYBE be a good idea as a deterrent, as has been said, pointing out why people have been banned in an effort to assist people not sure of what conduct is acceptable.

Magister Ventrue has already stipulated his rules and terms of usage in the "READ & UNDERSTAND" forum. Users are required to read this BEFORE they start posting.

I think that is adequate without wasting time trying to explain to them the nature of their idiocy.

#44757 - 10/11/04 10:10 AM Re: Who's Been Banned link... [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
The_Sixth_Circle Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Hell; where else?
Voodoo_Rolf said;

"I think that is adequate without wasting time trying to explain to them the nature of their idiocy."

I don't disagree. And after reading the rules, I was fairly certain that if I slipped up with a genuine mistake I would be quickly corrected by the administration.

However, this is why I said MAYBE it was a good idea. I also stated later in the post that I didn't think the end would justify the means.

I think we're ultimately of the same opinion, but there are good and bad sides to everything - then there is the Satanic side...(!)

Truth, in matters of religion, is simply the opinion that has survived. - Sir Oscar Wilde

Forum Stats
12095 Members
73 Forums
43861 Topics
405458 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements