Topic Options
#447970 - 03/23/11 07:41 PM Being defiant
Insurgent Offline
CoS Member

Recently I put up somewhat of a fight against a show that was to occur as a University sponsored event where I live. For the Future Alumni Association nonetheless, which would degrade the multiple degrees I'm working very, very hard for.

A good example:

Personally I have no qualm with the music its self. My issue was specifically that the University endorsing the lyrical content by proxy just sent a terrible message about what we should be engendering, culturally and academically, University level and even city wide. Aside from that, idiots and criminals like these should be free to continue to make money I suppose.

So what did I do? First, I got myself published in the University paper. Then I wrote to those capable of resolving the issue. While I did that I organized my peers just in case common sense didn't prevail.

What did it result in? The show being canceled and my being further interviewed on the subject by University reporters. Not exactly a small feat considering the popularity of this group in this city.

How does this relate to Satanism By Example?

Being defiant against the things that encroach on you. Not being another schmuck that complains and doesn't do anything about his issues. The more the institutions, which I must subject myself to, continue on such a path without dissent the more I'll be subjected to cultural elements that are hostile to me.

The sharp tongue and quick wit of the Satanist can change things if properly applied.

I'm working on a couple of other things of a similar nature. I'll post them in this thread when success warrants it.

Edited by Insurgent (03/23/11 07:43 PM)

"My dear Insurgent you're an extremist, intolerant and you have prejudices. That's all."

"I am a fucking Satanist and desire in all of my being to be the Queen of the World if at all possible...."

#447990 - 03/24/11 01:04 AM Re: Being defiant [Re: Insurgent]
Dax9 Offline

CoS Member

Loc: near Baton Rouge, LA
Good job, and I laud your passion for standing up for what you feel is just and proper. Just be cautious as to not go overboard in being recalcitrant. Sometimes you can do more harm to the system and bring more benefit for yourself by (pretending) to conform instead of constantly waging war against institutions and authority.

When I was in college I never would have thought I'd ever join the military or work for the government. Unfortunately, it has turned out that this is how I can earn the most money (at least for now).

Just a little food for thought. smile

"Anyone without a sense of humor is too pretentious to be a good magician."
-- Anton Szandor LaVey

Life Everlasting

World Without End

#448081 - 03/25/11 07:23 AM Re: Being defiant [Re: Insurgent]
Lust Offline

Congratualtions, Insurgent.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12278 Members
73 Forums
43879 Topics
404434 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements