Topic Options
#448574 - 04/02/11 05:52 PM A suggestion: resolution options
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

Just a suggestion for the next major forum update.

The forum in general displays rather poorly on very high resolution monitors, particularly HD widescreens. The general effect is a rather narrow strip of actual content amid exceptionally wide margins. Even on resolutions as low as 1440x900 nearly half the screen is unused margin; on truly HD monitors it's down to about a quarter.

This obviously doesn't impede forum function so it's not a priority, but with the increasing use of higher resolution monitors, perhaps it would be possible to allow a user option to expand the display to fit the monitor better?

#448583 - 04/02/11 07:09 PM Re: A suggestion: resolution options [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

I agree, that would be a nice update.

Edited by thorn_9 (04/02/11 07:09 PM)

#448655 - 04/03/11 03:28 PM I like it as is [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Bedlam Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Perfidious Albion
I do actually prefer the size of the forum as it is. I am using a high resolution on widescreen monitor. I have created a couple of message boards in the past that resize to the size of the window and this results in text being sprawled across all 22 inches of the screen, which I don't think is nice to look at.

The width as it is currently displays is what could approximate the size of an A4 sheet of paper and thus, to me, is much easier on the eye. The paragraph sizes feel 'right' as they much less often reduce to the size of one line right across the screen. This looks horrible when reading essays or writings.

I can understand if one was posting artwork or the like - then bigger could be better, but as the mainstay of the board is text, the sizing to me is just fine.

Just my two penneth.

Do I look like I carry a pencil? Jason Statham

It may be Crazy
But I'm the closest thing I have
To a voice of reason

~ Gil Scott Heron

#449569 - 04/15/11 02:58 PM Re: A suggestion: resolution options [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
Personally -

I find I have to keep my browser zoomed-in between 120% - 135% to make most sites display correctly on my widescreen monitor. It seems to work well for me on LTTD as well as many other sites.

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#450227 - 04/24/11 03:58 AM Re: A suggestion: resolution options [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
bdseeker Offline

Hi, Nice to meet you.

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements