Topic Options
#448497 - 04/01/11 08:24 PM An open introduction
Shea Offline

Loc: Chicago
Hello everyone,

I admit that I'm pleased to find a Satanic forum, and in the spirit of getting things started on a friendly note, it seems sensible to introduce myself.
As you can tell from my screen name, I am Shea. I'm presently working to be a dog trainer at a company that likely wouldn't appreciate me mentioning their name on a Satanic forum. I'm attending college presently to become a mortician. I find college to be a bit of a bore; needless to say, I get good grades and support myself while trying to make the most of the educational resources available.
I'm interested in virtually anything that is either I.) useful, II.)entertaining, or III.)controversial. I realize that describes a great many things, and really that's what I intended.
I came across the Satanic Bible when I was 13, and immediately recognized myself reflected in its pages. A decade later, I'm still enamored of its life-loving philosophy.
I look forward to speaking with you, and plan on purusing the forum whenever my enjoyably busy and varied schedule permits.

#448498 - 04/01/11 09:09 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Welcome to the forums.

How did you get involved in dog training? I'm an animal lover myself, but in the medical side of things than the behavioral side.

Chicago is my favourite city in the country, by the way. Wonderful place. Lived near Wrigley Field for a year not long ago.

#448500 - 04/01/11 09:20 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Shea Offline

Thank you for the welcome!

Dog training as a whole came naturally to me, and as a preference I find that positive methods of training are the most effective. Most beasts, dogs and men alike, respond better to subtle manipulation as opposed to savage beatings.
Chicago is a wonderful place--my judgment based upon a considerable amount of experience in other places throughout the American Midwest, South and Southwest. It's coincidental you lived near Wrigley, as do I. Alas, football was more my forte than baseball. History abounds in this, the Second City and I plan on spending a little while longer here before I adventure further.

#448503 - 04/01/11 09:57 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Valtiel Offline

I'm actually not a sports fan in any way, but I did seem to feed off the energy there. During the sports season I could leave the house at 2am, the streets would still be filled with people.
Not to mention the great goth club just down the street.

I lived with a stand up comedian who frequented the clubs in the area, always gave me something to do and new people to meet.

#448554 - 04/02/11 03:14 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
SatAnonymous Offline

Loc: Nowhere over the rainfall.
Welcome to the forums, Shea.

If you are looking for useful 'things', I think you are on the right place.

#448581 - 04/02/11 06:49 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

Welcome to the forums.

Hail Satan!

#448589 - 04/02/11 08:44 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Hello smile
It is quite a challenge to be a dog trainer. Is it difficult? I'm afraid of dogs as I have one bad experience from my childchood. When I was walking with my grandma a small but vicious dog ran up to her and bit her leg. Since then, I have rather avoided dogs and even had nightmares about them.

It may seem a trifle but in a village where I live some dogs run loose because their owners are careless. Several times, when I was walking, I met a big and dangerous dog running towards me and barking. I was scared out of my wits. Fortunately, I was never attacked because I stayed calm and did not move, or, perhaps, the dogs were wiser than their stupid owners.

Well, I do not mean that I do not like dogs or cannot stroke them and play with them...if they do not bite. smile

#448683 - 04/03/11 11:02 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: anna]
Shea Offline

Well, anna, if it makes you feel any better; all animals bite (generally speaking). Our species just happens to be so fantastically adept at violence that we're surprised whenever one lower than us on the food chain has the audacity to remind us of our occasional vulnerability.
Dog training isn't too difficult of a profession. The dogs tend to be more than willing to work with you; it's getting their lazy owners to learn how to train their own dog that's difficult. Due to the way their memory works, dogs don't think quite linearly like humans do, so repetition and psychological shaping based upon positive reinforcement is the most effective method.
So, feel free to pet the dogs--we're beasts too, remember?

#448736 - 04/04/11 04:43 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Valtiel Offline

The worst patients I ever had to deal with working a veterinary clinic were those who belonged to owners who were scared of them.

I probably saw dozens of Pitt Bulls and Rottweilers, Dobermanns and Dachsunds, all the traditionally vicious breeds, that their owners knew their animal, treated them well, and they were wonderful loving dogs.
However the most dangerous dog I ever worked with, again a breed people are nervous of, Japanese Akita, who whenever would bark the owners would back off. As a result the dog knew it was in charge, and never let any human boss it around. Was a nightmare to examine her.

#448762 - 04/05/11 12:26 AM Re: An open introduction [Re: Valtiel]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
That sounds like some serious work. shocked

Pitbulls are the most sought after breeds in my area.

Some people around my area focus on how Pitbulls have that "lockjaw" ability when attacking.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#448782 - 04/05/11 08:52 AM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
Shea Offline

Japanese Akitas are such high-energy dogs, with incredibly willful attitudes that most people who get them end up paying for it later; consistent training and a generous helping of exercise/play is the only thing to develop them into good companinon dogs.
Pitbulls, aside from looking badass and tough, also generally make good pets. Being a terrier at heart, they tend to get along with other animals and people; of course, they ultimately won't shy away from a fight either...

#448811 - 04/05/11 01:47 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Mr. Shea, what would you say about a multi-breed dog such as a German Shepherd/Yellow Labrador/Chow Chow?

Mr. Valtiel, my late best friend was such a multi-breed. He developed lymphoma after only living two years. Since you worked at a vet clinic, I was wondering if you know what ways can an owner prevent that from happening should they get another dog?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

#448827 - 04/05/11 05:50 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: LordofDarkness]
Valtiel Offline

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
That sounds like some serious work. shocked

Pitbulls are the most sought after breeds in my area.

Some people around my area focus on how Pitbulls have that "lockjaw" ability when attacking.

It's nice to see there are places where pit bulls are sought after, as sadly the breed, in a lot of the western world, is disliked and easily discarded by many owners. Going to almost any humane society in America, and you will see a dozen poor pit bulls. They rarely ever find homes, and always go straight to the top of the euthanasia lists when they come in.

Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness

Mr. Valtiel, my late best friend was such a multi-breed. He developed lymphoma after only living two years. Since you worked at a vet clinic, I was wondering if you know what ways can an owner prevent that from happening should they get another dog?

I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend to Lymphoma, it's such a difficult disease to deal with, as just like in humans, every case is so different. Lymphoma is quite common in dogs, some breeds are a little more prone to cancer than others, like the Boxer. Cancer of course is unpredictable and there really is nothing you can do to prevent it. Obviously older dogs have a much higher chance of developing cancer that younger dogs, but very sadly some dogs are predisposed towards it at a younger age. The only thing you can really do as a potential owner is find out where the dog came from if at all possible, as cancer is hereditary, and if there was a history of cancer in the dogs parents, grandparents etc, then it gives an increased risk in the current generation. A breeder is legally obliged to let you know of any illness known to their dogs.
In general though, mixed-breed dogs are healthier than most pedigrees, and can live a lot longer.

Even though I'm not a behaviouralist, I would personally say almost anything mixed with a labrador seems to be a loving companion. I myself have a chow/black labrador mix, and she's an incredibly friendly dog and even plays with my friends chihuahuas.

Edited by Valtiel (04/05/11 05:51 PM)

#448854 - 04/05/11 11:03 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: LordofDarkness]
Shea Offline

Mix breed dogs are really the way to go in my opinion; if bred with intent. You can breed out a lot of the physical defects of a breed by wisely mixing them with a dog not prone to the same issues, while maintaining behavioral characteristics of a breed.
A German Shepherd/Yellow Lab/Chow mix could go a variety of different ways: Lab's are really the clowns of the sporting dogs, and they have a winning personality. German Shepherds (I had one when I was a child) are fantastic! But as a rule, they can be rather obstinate if they're not worked with at a younger age. Chows have a bad rap as being unreliable and temperamental; but ultimately, there's very few "bad" dogs: just ineffectual owners.

#448924 - 04/06/11 09:09 PM Re: An open introduction [Re: Shea]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

I'm glad I was effectual then. laugh I got pictures and a profile of my dog in The Undercroft if you want to see him.

Forum Stats
12160 Members
73 Forums
43919 Topics
405741 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements