Topic Options
#449271 - 04/12/11 10:16 AM Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence
Paistemage Offline

Loc: Midwest, USA
I am several things.

First and foremost I am a proud father. I am also a musician, and very soon another person incurring debt by going back to school.

I am going to go back to school to be a radiological technician. Eventually getting my Bachelors in the field, thereby enabling me to perform MRI procedures and CAT scans. With good gratuitous amounts of fortitude I WILL be head of my department, if the position is available.

I enjoy many things besides music, that I would call a passion. I can absorb myself completely in the pages of a well written book. I can lose myself in the wonder of sights and smells of a new recipe I have either concocted or discovered. I do most of the cooking in my house. I also enjoy a good movie if it makes me think or is as equally enthralling as so many other things in life.

If you know something about musical instruments, my name suggests my first instrument. It would be drums/percussion. I am able to read and compose music. I recently picked up Alto saxophone. This is very beneficial to me on many levels.

I am pretty sociable to those that I have a common interest with. I sometimes can speak at length about my feelings on a topic, so I will try to keep things relatively brief here. With respect to others I would have respect for, I would not want to be a one sided conversationalist.

I have made an ongoing study on this subject of Satanism. I first read The Satanic Bible when I was in my late teenage years and haven't looked back. I saw an avenue that apparently my natural predisposition lighted for me without knowing it. I felt he nailed me right on the head. I felt like certain parts spoke so much about my own insights into myself and the world, IF I was as GREAT a writer, I may have penned something similar. In short, it spoke to me, and made me feel not alone. Up until that point I felt like an outside, even to the "outsiders," I had known up until that point. No longer.

I am tipping my proverbial hat to those I shall have discourse with.

Not to get too lengthy in the beginning of my posts, I will now cut this short.I am tipping my proverbial hat to those I shall have discourse with.Have good day/night, wherever you are, and a resounding Hail Satan to all!

Edited by Paistemage (04/12/11 10:28 AM)

#449289 - 04/12/11 12:39 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
HellofallHells Offline
CoS Warlock

Welcome. I play drums too and used only Paiste cymbals for a long time but this simply became too expensive after a while. I love their sound but damn they're pricy.

Enjoy the forums.

HS! coopdevil

#449331 - 04/12/11 08:47 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Paistemage Offline

This true. I am a staunch Zildgjian at heart. I have a K custom Dark ride 20 inch. Paiste signature 18" full crash, and discontinued dimension light 14 " hats. Those are some.

Love the Vincent Price pick. Dr. Phibes es muy excellente, but I prefer the Black Cat

#449344 - 04/12/11 10:12 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
It's always nice to meet other drummers. Yup, Zildjian is my cymbal of choice with Pearl drums. Grew up with both brands. How long have you been playing?

Shit Lamar Says

#449398 - 04/13/11 05:08 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Paistemage Offline

I have been playing for 21 of my 31 years. I used to sit inside my dad's gretsch bass drum as a child! I also had an admiration for drums apparently! Lamardrummer that is a nice hot rod! I AM JEALOUS!

Edited by Paistemage (04/13/11 05:12 PM)
Edit Reason: had to add comment

#449437 - 04/13/11 11:59 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Wow! 21 years! Congrats, that is amazing. I'll be playing for 19 years in July. Each year I celebrate the maturing of my drumming along with my birthday on the same month. It always gives me a charge.

Yeah, that is my dream car! Sadly though its not mine, I lifted it from yahoo.

Shit Lamar Says

#449596 - 04/15/11 08:46 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Paistemage Offline

It is a journey, and remember, besides the human voice, us brethren of a percussive persuasion are the oldest instrument known to man! I was purposefully trying to sound pretentious!

Egyptians made drums out of defeated enemy skulls, Vikings too!

Each year I look at my weaknesses, and focus very much in being more comfortable with these as being in my playing. Then I work to eliminate them.

I still can't replicate Tony Williams ride cymbal technique on "So what," from the album "my funny Valentine+Four and more." But, I can play Morbid Angel's "Rapture" or any other tune by them! I also each year try to find a type of music or maybe a group I am not familiar with, to increase my vocabulary.

It is an ever evolving process.

I feel the moment you think you know it all, is the moment you need to search for something you don't know, then consume this knowledge...repeat.

#449649 - 04/16/11 11:27 AM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: Paistemage
Egyptians made drums out of defeated enemy skulls, Vikings too!

I can't find much information on the Egyptians making drums out of skulls. I'm sure that if what you stated is the truth, not all drums were made out of human skulls. I'm pretty sure that some were made out of dried out tree trunks and animal skin.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#449650 - 04/16/11 12:32 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Lamar Drummer Offline

I feel the moment you think you know it all, is the moment you need to search for something you don't know, then consume this knowledge...repeat.

You hit it right on the head.

Shit Lamar Says

#449655 - 04/16/11 02:50 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: LordofDarkness]
Delta Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Nar
Ewoks did it, I have video evidence.

#449680 - 04/16/11 06:56 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Paistemage Offline

Your right.
Someone once told me egyptians used to make drums out of skulls. I always remembered that. Upon trying to find this info, I didn't find anything about it. The source seemed pretty credible at the time.Maybe I was confused with Tibetan skull drums. My mistake. Should have fact checked before I posted.

I did know they made drums out trees though.

Also, I didn't realize I repeated myself in my first post. Tired I guess.

Edited by Paistemage (04/16/11 07:09 PM)

#449691 - 04/16/11 09:56 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Speaking of crafting drums, I would like to hand-make drums one day. Ceremonial drums as well as for the kit. Ceremonial drums are amazing. Got inspired by listening to Wardruna, exellent for the ritual chamber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHcmn9Vp0go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6KFCWJ5p0

My browser is out of date so I can't embed the videos.

Shit Lamar Says

#449746 - 04/17/11 05:49 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Delta]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
I think I recall that scene. grin

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#449795 - 04/18/11 08:52 AM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock

Loc: Pre-Apocalypolis

I enjoy many things besides music, that I would call a passion. I can absorb myself completely in the pages of a well written book. I can lose myself in the wonder of sights and smells of a new recipe I have either concocted or discovered. I do most of the cooking in my house. I also enjoy a good movie if it makes me think or is as equally enthralling as so many other things in life.

Greetings, Paistemage. Should you decide to become a member of The Church of Satan; and, further, upgrade your experience on this fine forum, you may find that there are fellow epicurious creatures who enjoy trading Gastronomic Delights.

I enjoyed reading your well written introduction. I would return the tipping of the proverbial hat; but, I suffer from digital hat hair. I hope you won't think me rude if I bid you welcome undoffed with hat...or any other article of clothing. grin

http://theepicureandilettante.blogspot.com/

"Life is the only race you lose by reaching the end." - M.M.

#449843 - 04/18/11 07:18 PM Re: Hello, pleased to make your aquaintence [Re: Paistemage]
Paistemage Offline

Greetings Roho, no your response actual made me smile. The digital hair part made me laugh out loud!

Wardruna! I befriended him on Myspace, when I used that system for networking my own group. I very much loved the way he used archaic sounds/thought patterns in his music. I like the usage of instruments outside of the "norm." It wasn't a industrial/noise set up, it wasn't a "rock" set up. It was all his own. Very cool.

Roho, I make a very good white wine marinated chicken alfredo. I think so, but many full stomachs and compliments also tell me this!

Edited by Paistemage (04/18/11 07:27 PM)

Forum Stats
12196 Members
73 Forums
43974 Topics
406002 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements