Topic Options
#450322 - 04/25/11 11:51 AM Introduction
Morfalum Offline

Loc: Sweden
Hi there.

My name is Varg and I'm currently living in central Sweden, studying language and philosophy. I'm in the early 20's in case someone is curious.

The name has stuck with me since I was a child, given to me by my parents, as a middle name though, I nowadays use it as my firstname. It is a quite unusual name which I'm proud of, meaning "Wolf" and I share this with the Norwegian musician Varg Vikernes which leads to people making irritating connections between me and him.

I consider myself a Laveyan satanist and have done this for about one year now. I actually borrowed the Satanic Bible at a local library, I like to read and discover new things and it was merely chance that made me open the book as I started to get interested in the ockult. I found much more than just enlightening and interesting reading, I found wisdom, truth and actually felt as if I had found home. I realised I had always been what LaVey called a satanist.

I'm still new to the practice of black magic as LaVey described it even though I have used it without calling it magic. I really look foward to learning more about it.

I joined this forum because I want to meet others on the same track, I also thought I could learn more. I hope to find much pleasure and enlightening experinces here.

Take care! / Varg

#450324 - 04/25/11 12:01 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Morfalum]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Nicely written introduction!

There's no rush with the ritual magic aspect of Satanism. It's always wise to use the Satanic Bible as our starting point and most people explore and develop it at their own pace and own choosing. Many of us find our own way of expanding upon it and adapting it to our liking.

One thing though, we tend to use the term Satanism as opposed to LaVeyan Satanism. This is simply that there are those in the world who use this to legitamise what they call their own forms of Satanism, which are actually something else entirely.

Satanism is defined and there is no need to call it anything other than Satanism.

Other than that though, welcome to the forums.

#450337 - 04/25/11 02:21 PM Re: Introduction [Re: Morfalum]
TrojZyr Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: The Solid State
Welcome!

I'm sorry you are often compared with Varg Vikernes. I imagine James Earl Jones feels the same way when people confuse him with James Earl Ray laugh.

Otherwise, I echo Rev. Strongbone's sentiments!

"The strong rule the weak, and the cunning rule over all." HS!

#450369 - 04/26/11 02:18 AM Re: Introduction [Re: Morfalum]
Morfalum Offline

Loc: Sweden
Thank you, Reverend, for you clarification concerning the term.

No, I see there is no rush to use magic but I a feel an eagerness and a great curiousity concerning it. I feel no obligation smile

TrojZyr, thank you for response! I'm not familiar with James Earl Jones but I guess he's as annoyed as I am XD

Edited by Morfalum (04/26/11 02:18 AM)

Forum Stats
13325 Members
73 Forums
44550 Topics
408044 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold