Topic Options
#450706 - 04/29/11 08:00 PM Is it a stepping stone?
DemoniousRexus Offline

Loc: Baltimore Maryland
The Church of Satan has always been a great inspiration to me. Growing up in a catholic household i have always had my questions but it realy started around thirteen, Thought took over and research began. Asking questions seemed to be quite the wrong thing to do in church and i wondered why that was in a place where people seek answers for everything. Apon my research i discovered similarities in every religion i studied. These similarities intreagued me, it seemed everyone was looking for someone to tell them how to live. Is this not what Satanism does? I understand that they are mearly guidelines for respectable human existance and i agree and abide by them but my question resides in the satan aspect itself. The satanic bible has a chapter called Wanted- God Dead or Alive (as im sure you already know) my understanding of this chapter leaves a very open interpertation, Mine is that it doesnt matter if you worship a lava lamp or a lock of hair from jennifer lopez's vagina, its all the same as long as you get what you need from it. Could this simply be a stepping stone to a new way of thought? The satanic mindset is that of mainly indivigualism and support both emotionaly and physicaly for yourself... so if thats true cant you be easly cast aside by a group of people with their own thoughts and process of action based apon the same principals? im seeking clarification of the literature itself. Is it a solid religion or is it simply a gateway to leading a fufilling life without religion but worship of things that grant you your desired life?

#450707 - 04/29/11 08:02 PM Re: Is it a stepping stone? [Re: DemoniousRexus]
DemoniousRexus Offline

Thuss my signature , Hail Yourself.

#450720 - 04/29/11 09:53 PM Re: Is it a stepping stone? [Re: DemoniousRexus]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

It is as solid and real and valid as explained in The Satanic Bible and the Church of Satan website (pay close attention to the "Theory & Practice" section of the website).

...it seemed everyone was looking for someone to tell them how to live. Is this not what Satanism does?

No. There isn't anything in The Satanic Bible or any other Satanic writing that remotely suggests this.

The Satanic Bible has a chapter called Wanted- God Dead or Alive (as I'm sure you already know) my understanding of this chapter leaves a very open interpretation.

No it doesn't. This chapter cannot be more straightforward and direct.

God does not exist, god is a man made artifact, the Satanist is her/his own God, meaning, among other things, a Satanist is responsible for themselves in all aspects of life.

The only thing a Satanist worships, if at all, is life itself, and themselves.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#450769 - 04/30/11 12:19 PM Re: Is it a stepping stone? [Re: DemoniousRexus]
DemoniousRexus Offline

Thank you Phineas. That was one of the deciding questions for me. I understand that what was writen in the book itself was quite solid but being who i am, I have to question everything, doing this sometimes leads to missrepresentation of the true meanings. The worship of self has always kind of sparked a thought but I tend to wonder where the punishment for wrong doing is, is it supposed to be on a emotional level or simply the outcome of a situation and learning from it?

Edited by DemoniousRexus (04/30/11 12:21 PM)

#450776 - 04/30/11 01:37 PM Re: Is it a stepping stone? [Re: DemoniousRexus]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

All of the above, and depending on the situation. And the legal system, if need be.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

Forum Stats
12281 Members
73 Forums
43880 Topics
404441 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements