Topic Options
#451353 - 05/06/11 04:54 AM Some really stupid questions...
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

I was born the way I am and I lived my life the way I chose.
My intelligence is innate and so are my talents. In fact all the parameters, which individualize a person, are innate, their cultivation and improvement is an individual task.
My life experience is due to my own decisions, my own actions and resulting reactions.
The subjectivity is my own.

I do not play well with others, nor did I ever used to, and I plan keeping it so.
I am best creative on my own, without direct outside interference.
I know how to appreciate value.
I do not follow.
I need to really know somebody, as far as socializing goes, in flesh and for some period of time, to decide if that person is worth being trusted, or worthy of my company and the implicit efforts.
There are only TWO living persons, whose opinions are of any importance to me.

"The Satanic Bible" reflected a great part of me in it. Not all, of course, but that wasn't the purpose of the book in the first place, because there are as many interpretations, as there are individuals.
The other writings of Mr. LaVey did just the same. They did not change me though.

Would membership in the Church of Satan change anything?

What I could offer, eventually, is plenty, getting not much (if anything) in return, but the approval of the Church's members.

Does becoming a member make me "a real satanist", from CoS's point of view?
If I do not joint, am I not the real deal?

I would appreciate answers that offcially reflect the Church of Satan's standpoint.
Evasiveness, maliciousness and such will be understood for what they really are and treated accordingly.

Thank you in advance.

#451357 - 05/06/11 05:59 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: BoogieMan]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

The affiliation link on the CoS homepage contains no false information nor does it conceal some hidden value to membership.

If you can't decide whether or not to join based on that, we don't want you.

#451358 - 05/06/11 06:22 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: Hagen von Tronje]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
The affiliation link on the CoS homepage contains no false information nor does it conceal some hidden value to membership.

If you can't decide whether or not to join based on that, we don't want you.

You did not answer my questions, though, and those questions are the result of reading more than you pointed out. Answering my questions is also not necessary, but it would be appreciated.

Do not mistake my questions with indecision.

Come again, please.

#451359 - 05/06/11 06:48 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: BoogieMan]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
I just hopped over to the Affiliation page, and all of your questions are answered there.

If indecision is not prompting you to pose these questions, one can only assume that you are fishing for someone to prove to you that joining is 'worth it'. No one will do that, it's a personal issue that you'll need to sort out on your own.

I'm afraid this is as much as you are going to get regarding this topic. Good luck to you.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#451360 - 05/06/11 07:23 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: Bruja]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: Bruja
I just hopped over to the Affiliations page, and all of your questions are answered there.

If indecision is not prompting you to pose these questions, one can only assume that you are fishing for someone to prove to you that joining is 'worth it'. No one will do that, it's a personal issue that you'll need to sort out on your own.

I'm afraid this is as much as you are going to get regarding this topic. Good luck to you.

Thank you for the effort of typing, but let's not jump to conclusions: it has NOTHING to do with affiliation, nor with proving, or disproving anything.

Do any of you actually READ that which is written? I thought I explained pretty well what led me to these questions.
I also thought I was polite enough to be treated accordingly and articulate enough to make myself understood.

#451361 - 05/06/11 07:28 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: BoogieMan]
Ygraine Offline

CoS Magistra

Loc: Florida
Quote:
Do not mistake my questions with indecision.

Should I mistake them for being intentionally baiting in an effort to display a degree of smugness that comes with thinking one already has the answers?

I think it is important for you to understand that we, meaning the collective "we" as in "The Church of Satan" have reached a time and position in reality where the membership of one individual matters more in terms of a positive or negative effect on the institution. That means the real question is whether the individual wants to be a supportive member or not? If the applicant is not excited by the prospect of membership there is nothing to be gained by the CoS or the potential member by joining.

AS for your rather challenging attitude, it seems to suggest that we have somehow pressured you towards membership. I assure you we have not. If we use phrases like "membership has its privileges" it isn't meant to be baiting, but simply an explanation. If we show more loyalty to our members, well, really, that should explain itself--members have made an obvious commitment to that which we hold dear. Their loyalty shall be rewarded with our own.
Quote:
What I could offer, eventually, is plenty, getting not much (if anything) in return, but the approval of the Church's members.

It would be easy to point out the beneficial nepotism, the networking, the assistance in all walks of life that I have gained through membership. I could easily wax on for days about the relationships I have made and their depth, and how this union of non-joiners has fostered a totally new definition of friendship in my life. Yet, when you say with some level of disdain that the approval of church members may be all you get as a return for your membership all I can think of is how you have managed to minimize the amazing people who comprise Satanism. IF that was all you'd get it would be well worth it.

If you have no respect for the organization then you should not care if membership or the lack thereof defines you as a Satanist to members of the CoS. However, since you ask, lack of membership does not make or break whether one is a Satanist. However, as the world is a rather large place we can only make judgements on those we know. Obviously we are only in a position to know members.

All of this is obvious and others have pointed you to the answers online. You have essentially demanded that a member defend their position and if they don't, to your satisfaction, you can feel secure in your preconceived opinions.

For someone who makes the claim that they appreciate LaVey's works you ignore the rule that demands showing respect in another's lair or not going there.

Y~

http://magistrayrainetwo.blogspot.com/

#451364 - 05/06/11 07:56 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: BoogieMan]
Bruja Offline

CoS Witch

Loc: Atlanta, GA.
Originally Posted By: BoogieMan

Thank you for the effort of typing, but let's not jump to conclusions: it has NOTHING to do with affiliation, nor with proving, or disproving anything.

Do any of you actually READ that which is written? I thought I explained pretty well what led me to these questions.
I also thought I was polite enough to be treated accordingly and articulate enough to make myself understood.

Definition of affiliation: To adopt or accept as a member, subordinate associate, or branch.

That is precisely what we're discussing, because YOU asked about it.

In addition, my reply to you was polite and you chose to reply with a condescending and all around nasty attitude, which doesn't stray too much from how you've behaved consistently since you've arrived here. I'll make note of that before making the very difficult 'effort of typing' an answer to your 'really stupid questions'.

Now, you've had three replies from three different individuals, one of which is lengthy and breaks it down for you in a detailed manner. I'm shutting it down. Thread locked.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't." - Margaret Thatcher

"An inordinate passion for pleasure is the secret of remaining young" - Oscar Wilde

#451366 - 05/06/11 08:01 AM Re: Some really stupid questions... [Re: BoogieMan]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

it has NOTHING to do with affiliation

Then why are you wasting our time?

Do any of you actually READ that which is written?

The same could be asked of you. If you'd bothered to read and understand the information on the affiliation link that you've already been directed to, you wouldn't be wasting your time here making an ass of yourself.

Since you seem unsatisfied with that, let me spell this out for you:

We don't want you to join. You are not a rare commodity. Combative, thick-headed assholes are a dime a dozen. Now get lost.

Forum Stats
12253 Members
73 Forums
44034 Topics
406355 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements