Topic Options
#451011 - 05/03/11 03:46 AM Introducing myself...
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Greetings!

Dan Rasovan is my name, aka BoogieMan, male, almost 37 years old, of serbo-romanian ethnicity, born and raised in the Banat region of Romania, living in Germany for almost 12 years now, in the town of Kempten, south-western Bavaria, happily married and suffering only from self-induced artistry.

It is only a couple of years ago that I bumped into "The Satanic Bible", but I guess it was inevitable.

Hope this brief introduction is acceptable.

Yours truly.

#451018 - 05/03/11 06:54 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Shade Offline
CoS Witch

Loc: A Trailer Park
Originally Posted By: BoogieMan
... and suffering only from self-induced artistry.

I can relate to that. grin

Wilkomen, Bienvenue, Welcome, C'mon in... witch
"What happens in the shadow, in the grey regions, also interests us all that is elusive and fugitive, all that can be said in those beautiful half tones, or in whispers, in deep shade." ~ The Brothers Quay

We're Just Regular People

#451020 - 05/03/11 07:14 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Hayden JDS Offline

CoS Member

Loc: Tasmania, Australia
Welcome

#451022 - 05/03/11 07:21 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Shade]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: Shade
Originally Posted By: BoogieMan
... and suffering only from self-induced artistry.

I can relate to that. grin

Wilkomen, Bienvenue, Welcome, C'mon in... witch

Well, thank you for the welcoming.

#451023 - 05/03/11 07:22 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Hayden JDS]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: 260587
Welcome

Thanks.

#451096 - 05/03/11 05:51 PM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
Welcome Boogieman, I liked your introduction, it was informative and to the point. I know exactly what you mean by

It is only a couple of years ago that I bumped into "The Satanic Bible", but I guess it was inevitable.

For me it was inevitable and very timely!

While l live in Australia, l have a lot of relatives in Germany. My Father In-law is from West Germany and my Mother In-law is from East Germany (Pre the wall coming down) Most of the relatives are in Berlin and one day we hope to visit them all.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#451113 - 05/03/11 08:24 PM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Adam-9sense Offline
CoS Warlock

Welcome to the community!

#451139 - 05/04/11 01:05 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Midnight]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: Midnight
Welcome Boogieman, I liked your introduction, it was informative and to the point. I know exactly what you mean by

For me it was inevitable and very timely!

While l live in Australia, l have a lot of relatives in Germany. My Father In-law is from West Germany and my Mother In-law is from East Germany (Pre the wall coming down) Most of the relatives are in Berlin and one day we hope to visit them all.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

Thank you. I tried, at east this time, not to divagate.

"Bumped into" does not imply a total lack of knowledge on the subject, but the problem of finding the original english version of the book.
"Inevitable" because of my love for books and reading.

When visiting Germany, be it even in summer, do not foget to pack some warm clothing. You just might need it.

#451140 - 05/04/11 01:06 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Adam-9sense]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: thorn_9
Welcome to the community!

Thank you.

#451329 - 05/05/11 09:48 PM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I guess l should re-phrase as l 'thought' l knew what you meant...

Quote:
"Bumped into" does not imply a total lack of knowledge on the subject, but the problem of finding the original english version of the book.

Bumped into for me was actually fell over, l had never heard of Satanism or Anton LaVey so when l found the Church of Satan website it was a delightful eye opener.

Quote:
"Inevitable" because of my love for books and reading.

For me inevitable was due to my journey of realisation that l am a Satanist. I was raised to believe that the christian god was real and that those that didn't 'believe' were misguided. It took the first 20 years of my life to realise that there are alternate thoughts on religion and then a further 10 to decide that l didn't believe any of it. The next 12 were spent confirming my own views of the world and life and then 2 years ago l saw the Church of Satan website, read The Satanic Bible, and realised that l was born a Satanist!

I also have a love of books but l don't think The Satanic Bible would have crossed my path if l wasn't looking for it. As l mentioned, l had never heard of the Church of Satan or Anton LaVey by the age of 42 so l consider that l have had a very sheltered life. I like to think that my children are much more aware of the world around them than l ever was.

Thanks for the chat and enjoy you time here.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

#451343 - 05/06/11 02:02 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: Midnight]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Originally Posted By: Midnight
I guess l should re-phrase as l 'thought' l knew what you meant...

Bumped into for me was actually fell over, l had never heard of Satanism or Anton LaVey so when l found the Church of Satan website it was a delightful eye opener.

Well, since I was 8 years old I was "heavily" into Heavy Metal music (growing older led me to other genres, but I still like that kind of music), so it was not really hard to at least hear about Mr. Anton LaVey, The Satanic Bible, or The Church of Satan, even though at that time my homeland, Romania, was still a communist country and what we kids did there was kinda illegal.
The problem was actually getting a copy of the book.

For me inevitable was due to my journey of realisation that l am a Satanist. I was raised to believe that the christian god was real and that those that didn't 'believe' were misguided. It took the first 20 years of my life to realise that there are alternate thoughts on religion and then a further 10 to decide that l didn't believe any of it. The next 12 were spent confirming my own views of the world and life and then 2 years ago l saw the Church of Satan website, read The Satanic Bible, and realised that l was born a Satanist!

I was born into a family of intellectuals and therefor unreason was never a topic. I was raised to believe that I am the only one capable of perfecting my own life, that I am solely responsible for my actions and the resulting reactions, that everything should be questioned and (this one's my grandfather's) that out of every tight spot, there is at least one way out, but you gotta "see clear" in order to find it.
No, I was not raised in a christian manner. Actually religion was also never a topic.

I also have a love of books but l don't think The Satanic Bible would have crossed my path if l wasn't looking for it. As l mentioned, l had never heard of the Church of Satan or Anton LaVey by the age of 42 so l consider that l have had a very sheltered life. I like to think that my children are much more aware of the world around them than l ever was.

I do not believe a book can change, or improve one's life. It is ALWAYS the reader that counts.

Thanks for the chat and enjoy you time here.

Hail Satan!
Midnight

I thank you, sir, for the chat.

#451431 - 05/07/11 01:14 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
BoogieMan Offline
Big Baby

Yeah, yeah... it was real fun around here.

Thanks to those who really made an efort, especially to those responsible for changing my profile (you're funny as fuck).

Those that got pissed off are themselves to blame, aren't they?

The indifferent ones deserve my applause.

Smell you later.

Edited by BoogieMan (05/07/11 02:11 AM)

#451440 - 05/07/11 03:32 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Hagen von Tronje Offline

CoS Priest

#451449 - 05/07/11 06:59 AM Re: Introducing myself... [Re: BoogieMan]
Jupiter Offline

You're really scary. rip

Forum Stats
12255 Members
73 Forums
44035 Topics