Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#451489 - 05/07/11 06:11 PM Performing magic
Nufan Offline

I am having a hard time finding any way to set up such a "site" (I know this is probably not the correct word here, I am just at a loss as how to say it) as described in the text I have read for magic. There seems to be a lot of preparation involved as well as space to perform the rituals. I know it is not required, or some stuff like that to perform rituals, but I would like to be able to just to further understand how it would work, and the affects.

I am fairly private so I do not wish to explain why I cannot just set something up, however it is impossible for me to perform any magic while living where I am at this moment. I am not looking for a shortcut merely suggestions, if there is a link to some prior message in the forum which deals with this issue, it would be helpful to find some way to actually do something and help me understand a little further.

Or if someone could pm me, anything would be much appreciated.

#451491 - 05/07/11 06:32 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Lust Offline

If it is not practical to erect an altar then try this. Research all there is to know about the topic and gain some familiarity. When the time comes when you are free to practice without disturbance then you will have knowledge that you can apply.

Opportunity may present itself as you gain a better understanding. Take your time and enjoy your research.
´┐ŻLove is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.´┐Ż
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#451498 - 05/07/11 08:44 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: Lust]
August Wolfe Offline

Loc: Texas Wastelands
Good advice Warlock, and I would add that the altar of the mind is an oft overlooked and underestimated platform from which to project the will!

Edited by August Wolfe (05/08/11 09:48 AM)

#451503 - 05/07/11 09:18 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: August Wolfe]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: August Wolfe
Good advise Warlock, and I would add that the altar of the mind is an oft overlooked and underestimated platform from which to project the will!

Yep. Your imagination, and an emotionally charged force of Will power, is all you need. You still should keep in mind the 5 essential ingredients required for a working, but you don't have to have an actual "place". Have you ever tried self hypnosis? What prevents you from turning that into a Satanic ritual?

#451520 - 05/08/11 07:53 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Nufan Offline

I feel that I have done self-hypnosis; I guess you could call it that. I have seen it more as meditation, but I have never willed anything past the point of relaxing when in that state, or to force myself to sleep. Thank you for the replies. I know I need a lot more familiarization for everything to be effective, but was somewhat frustrated feeling like I would not even be able to get started right away. I should try to understand everything deeper before I try too much. Just need a little patience. I wouldn't mind trying a little more experimenting with a self-induced altered state I feel when I do meditate, at the very least I would become relaxed for about 30 minutes or so. Perhaps I try some things without dropping from that state. Again thank you.

#451579 - 05/09/11 10:21 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Nufan
There seems to be a lot of preparation involved as well as space to perform the rituals.

If you think the ritual requirements in The Satanic Bible are too elaborate, then I can only assume you've never read any other occult book before! Compared to most other books you'll find on the shelves of "magick" shops, the standard Satanic Ritual is a cakewalk.

Reread the descriptions of the tools. Some of these things like the gong and the phallus are only needed for group rituals. Other items (chalice, sword) are easy enough to substitute.

Quote:
it is impossible for me to perform any magic while living where I am at this moment

An altar doesn't have to be a permanent set-up. You can always just clear off a table top to set up your ritual, then put everything away once you're done. You're able to visit a website with a giant Sigil of Baphomet at the top, so obviously you must have some degree of privacy in your life. Is it really that hard to find a place where you can temporarily tape a Sigil to the wall, light a couple of black candles, and have 45 minutes to yourself?

Originally Posted By: JEHJr
Your imagination, and an emotionally charged force of Will power, is all you need. You still should keep in mind the 5 essential ingredients required for a working, but you don't have to have an actual "place".

The only problem with this is that many have tried using it as a lame excuse for never setting things up. There's a reason why The Satanic Bible's "Book of Belial" and "Book of Leviathan" are more than 5 pages long.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#451586 - 05/09/11 11:07 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Bill_M]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

The difference between using will power to imagine being at a concert, and using will power to actually being there. coopdevil

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#452861 - 05/27/11 09:30 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Phineas]
Nufan Offline

No I have never read any other occult books, because they seemed to be silly, the ideas from LeVey, the ideas from the Satanic Bible, the articles he had written, and which I read, and the CoS website's philosophies, were the only ones that made sense clearly.

I don't want to be weak or ask for a do it yourself manual because everything is clear enough, and if it wasn't I should maybe go back to learn how to read. I feel it is more of something I had to discover on my own, but I did want somewhat more of a starting point, which has been helpful reading your responses. However my life is not private.

I live in a 12 by 12 room with a roommate, and two other people who live within 4 feet from me, with paper thin walls. I know I should not care what other people think, but it would not be very helpful to my work and life situation. I am able to read from my own computer with a fair amount of privacy, but as I am sharing half of a room with someone who could at any time interrupt me, and has opposing views, it is in no way impossible, just risky. My appearance, I have to keep in control. I am regulated. So it should be easy to understand what I do, but I had wanted to keep private about my life.

The rituals would just something I would have a hard time doing, without fear of reprisal or social stress. I appreciate the response, and were I in a normal situation I would say that I was just lazy, or being noncommittal.

I have the rest of my life to take advantage of these things, I would not say that I want to wait the rest of my life, but my living situation will change shortly and I can begin to actually do more of what I want without risking what I have now.

I don't want a shortcut, just was wondering if there was something which would still be possible, and I think there is. I don't have a table, I have a dresser my computer sits on which is about 1.5ftx1.5ft. I think I could use my bed as an altar possibly. It is the whole figuring out with space constraints. I just have to figure this out on my own.

Originally Posted By: Phineas
The difference between using will power to imagine being at a concert, and using will power to actually being there. coopdevil

That is so true.

#452862 - 05/27/11 09:45 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

I just have to figure this out on my own.

You seem to have begun to do so.

Onwards.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#452867 - 05/27/11 10:39 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
One little item of advice: spell his name correctly.
LaVey
Useful mnemonic for beginners ľ a comes before e.

Always remember that martyrdom is unsatanic. In my opinion, if you will be improving your household circumstances in the near future, it is better to plan your ritual for the time when you do not have to compromise on your layout and keep an eye on the clock waiting for someone to walk into the room.

When you have your own room, it is still not advisable to keep things on view. You now have private cupboards.

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#452872 - 05/27/11 02:24 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
I live in a 12 by 12 room with a roommate, and two other people who live within 4 feet from me, with paper thin walls.

Who said you have to do them at home? I remember back when I was in college and lived in a similar situation. I still managed to find a time and place to do ritual, such as an empty room on campus I could use after hours. Again: is it really that hard to find an isolated place where you can have 45 minutes to yourself? I'm sure you can find such a place if you look around enough.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ▄bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#452977 - 05/28/11 11:56 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: Bill_M]
Valtiel Offline

Loc: Hollywood
Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I live in a 12 by 12 room with a roommate, and two other people who live within 4 feet from me, with paper thin walls.

Who said you have to do them at home?

This is the most important thing in your situation, I think. If your living arrangements aren't comfortable, and just don't feel like 'you' its not worth doing anything there.
Find somewhere else that makes you feel something appropriate.

#453855 - 06/11/11 06:58 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: MagdaGraham]
Nufan Offline

Feel like an idiot for spelling that wrong, noticed other people did it before and it pissed me off.

#453872 - 06/11/11 02:32 PM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
Why not see the risk of "getting caught" as an extra spice in your ritual?

#459328 - 08/30/11 07:16 AM Re: Performing magic [Re: Nufan]
Nufan Offline

I just wanted to say that the responses are 100% more helpful than someone trying to be nice. I love that about these forums. Stupidity is punished and intelligence is valued.. I don't care if i make a mistake as long as it is corrected justly, and quickly it can show my intelligence can be in question, no matter how I feel about my strengths; I can always be sure I will find a correction, because I am not perfect, and only am through constant correction, and self-improvement.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Forum Stats
13308 Members
73 Forums
44541 Topics
407970 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 04:49 AM
Advertisements

hold