Topic Options
#451829 - 05/12/11 06:21 PM Satanic books in Russian
zhandarm Offline

Hello. I'd like to know are you planning to make an official translation of books and even main messages made by members of CoS in Russian? I know it's prohibited to publish books about Satan in Russian speaking countries, but you can sell them on ebay, or somewhere else... Why do I ask? Cause my friends and me don't know English good enough to quickly understand the main idea of a big part of the text and it would be more productive to read texts in Russian. Yes, there are some old translations of SB (from them I knew about Dr. Lavey's interpretation) but I'm not sure about quality of the translations.
An interesting thing - in my city (I live in Ukraine, Kharkov) there is a religion organization called "Jehovah's Witnesses", of course you've heard about it. And there are really a lot of people in it all over our country. All kinds of sects in our country aren't allowed but I see old ladies asking me to talk about God every day on the streets, I see cars with a fish sign on the back of them etc. I want to say that it's very hard (even impossible) to prove membership in a sect and our law-enforcement agencies aren't interesting in prosecuting for this kind of crimes.

#451837 - 05/12/11 09:14 PM Re: Satanic books in Russian [Re: zhandarm]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

There are no immediate plans at this time.

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#451842 - 05/12/11 10:21 PM Re: Satanic books in Russian [Re: zhandarm]
LKRice Offline

CoS Priestess

There were unofficial translations that came out back in the late 1990s of both "The Satanic Bible" and "The Satanic Rituals". They were published by a CoS Member in Moscow, but they've been long out-of-print. Doubtful if you can find them even on eBay.
Prevention of Virtue

Forum Stats
12218 Members
73 Forums
43998 Topics
406136 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements