Topic Options
#452735 - 05/25/11 07:50 PM Satan the Good Guy, God the Bad Guy
AdamBomb Offline

I never really read all of the Holy Bible, Koran, or Old Testament, but from what's I've read parts that show how God is Evil and Satan is actually the good guy in the stories. God sent his people to slaughter millions of people for his cause. Many people were killed in God's name - Genocide under God's rule.
God in the stories of these books clearly and logically symbolizes the corrupt & evil authority that controls society. Satan, who was guilty of basically...pride?...wanted to overthrow God from his throne. I would too! Seriously! Since the devil wanted to do this, he gets demonized and banished into Hell. Satan represents people in society who stand up the corrupt powers and in return, get demonized by the authority. The public views these people as evil like God does to Satan.

I wonder if this is an example that heavily influenced the Church in the meaning of Satan and not just the well-known meaning of carnal desire, self-indulgence, and freedom.

#452746 - 05/25/11 09:57 PM Re: Satan the Good Guy, God the Bad Guy [Re: AdamBomb]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:
I wonder if this is an example that heavily influenced the Church in the meaning of Satan and not just the well-known meaning of carnal desire, self-indulgence, and freedom.

Very much so. Except that rather than focus on "people", Satanism focuses on the individual.

Quote:
Satan represents people in society who stand up [to] the corrupt powers and in return, get demonized by the authority.

So to rephrase your statement to better reflect Satanism:

Quote:
Satan represents the individual in society who stands up [to] the corrupt powers and in return, gets demonized by authority.

Except that we do not feel obligated to "stand up" or rebel against anyone or anything unless we choose to. We are not martyrs and are not interested in hopeless battles or pointless wars that do not serve us.

Satanists are selfish that way. wink

These issues are discussed in some detail in most of the Church literature to include The Satanic Bible and The Satanic Scriptures.

I would urge you to read and study them as you have already gained some insights that are promising.

#452747 - 05/25/11 09:58 PM Re: Satan the Good Guy, God the Bad Guy [Re: AdamBomb]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

Your questions can all be answered in full by reading the core texts of Satanism.

Begin with The Satanic Bible.

Forum Stats
12149 Members
73 Forums
43914 Topics
405715 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements