Topic Options
#453471 - 06/06/11 10:33 AM Study: How Satanists see death
Zsche Offline

Loc: Where the 5.56 casings fall...
Witch Zaftig made a post back in February in the “Satanism by Example” forum on an Academic Article on Satanism – but this morning I noticed that CNN has actually picked up the story.

What I find incredibly funny are the comments posted at the bottom of the CNN article. It is blatantly obvious that the herd is insecure about their beliefs from the defensive and aggressive posts they have made.

If you haven’t read the original article: “Death and Dying in the Satanic Worldview” by Cimminnee Holt - it is a very informative and interesting read.

Hail Satan!

Originally Posted By: Hagen von Tronje
You can't guzzle whiskey and pinch pretty ladies' asses when you're dead.

Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Originally Posted By: Callier
Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#453473 - 06/06/11 10:51 AM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

I snickered at this comment.

Quote:
Yes, evil creates chaos. So therefore, are all the Evangelical pastors that like to preach fire and brimstone, as well as the Westboro Baptist churs Evil? Hmm, there's your 'Christians' for you. There are many Christians I know that are wonderful people, and those are the ones that accept that everyone is allowed to worship The Lord exactly how they want as long as they are causing no harm to themselves or others.
If God is ever loving, wouldn't he love these Satanists just as much, it doesn't seem like they are doing anything evil, but more that they are just fed up with Evangelical Christians like yourself telling them that they will go to hell simply for not thinking exactly the way you do like some kind of brainwashed sheep.

#453476 - 06/06/11 12:09 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
Teufelhund Offline

Loc: Kansas
That comments section is fantastic if you are looking for something amusing to read. I especially like how a one line comment in support of the article, or against religion, will elicit paragraphs worth of responses from the saved. People sure are sensitive.

#453480 - 06/06/11 01:38 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

I would like to know why it's seemingly impossible to spell Dr. LaVey's name correctly!

I'm speaking here of the author of the article, but I've come across misspellings of LaVey as if spell checking is a ritual unto itself. zombie

Just a personal peeve.

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#453483 - 06/06/11 02:08 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Direktor]
MagdaGraham Offline
CoS Priestess

Loc: Scotland
Oh, I do so agree, Direktor!

I have frequently pointed out to newcomers the simple mnemonic that “a” comes before “e”. It doesn’t seem to have any effect.

Afterthought: well, we know he was amused to see how easily the sheeple are confused.

Edited by MagdaGraham (06/06/11 02:13 PM)
Edit Reason: afterthought

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3

#453488 - 06/06/11 04:07 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
Nidhogg Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Alberta, Canada
"...but more that they are just fed up with Evangelical Christians like yourself telling them that they will go to hell simply for not thinking exactly the way you do like some kind of brainwashed sheep."

I've never had to deal with Evangelical Christians... ever, so it doesn't really matter to me what they say or think. I can just as easily explain that cats wear hats and when they do so trouble is afoot. My source on this is a widely read doctor and his thesis is profusely illustrated.
I also think that the term "brainwashing" is thrown around a little too easily. I doubt that many actually know what brainwashing actually entails. I'd like to show them someday... but alas its probably illegal.

#453490 - 06/06/11 05:24 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: MagdaGraham]
Direktor Offline
CoS Member

Quote:
Afterthought: well, we know he was amused to see how easily the sheeple are confused.

Good point! grin

"I have studied many philosophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior."
-Hippolyte Taine

#453509 - 06/07/11 07:37 AM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: MagdaGraham]
J. Hagalaz Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: MagdaGraham
Oh, I do so agree, Direktor!

I have frequently pointed out to newcomers the simple mnemonic that “a” comes before “e”. It doesn’t seem to have any effect.

I always thought that the name "LaVey" stood out in such a way that it is hard NOT to remember how to properly spell it. I mean, it is an interesting name: it has a capital V in the middle of it (people miss that one sometimes as well), and any word with an "ey" that makes the long "a" sound seems to stand out as well. I mean, it's slightly ostentatious, so I think the problem isn't mnemonics. The problem is that people don't pay attention to things, probably out of laziness.

#453594 - 06/08/11 05:35 AM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: J. Hagalaz]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
I really think that this is the main issue,
The problem is that people don't pay attention to things, probably out of laziness.
If l am recording someones name in anything written then l will take the time and 'trouble' to make sure it is spelt correctly. My personal belief is simply that too many people are too lazy to make the 'effort' to check details in the written word!

My opinion anyway...

Hail Satan,
Midnight

#453626 - 06/08/11 04:32 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Midnight]
Poetaster Offline
CoS Member

Loc: East Coast, USA.
Irony. laugh

Edited by Poetaster (06/08/11 04:32 PM)

#453629 - 06/08/11 04:58 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Poetaster]
Zsche Offline

Indeed, Poetaster!

Love life. Live life. Don't fuck with people unnecessarily. Don"t let other people fuck with you. Simple guidelines that that will help you to make informed, intelligent and Satanic decisions.

Constructive criticism is one thing but people that just point blank tell others what they should be doing with their lives without any kind of permission can eat a bag of hairy balls.

#453636 - 06/08/11 07:11 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
$lesk Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Norway
Spelt & spelled are correct. The -ed ending is more common in American English

#453644 - 06/08/11 08:17 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: $lesk]
Zsche Offline

My apologies.  

Being an obnoxious thick-headed American, I always assume our way is the only way.  Today I "learnt" something new...

#453677 - 06/09/11 02:11 AM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
Coyote Offline

Loc: Nevada
I'm no expert but here's my two cents...Everyone already knows Satanists don't believe in life after death and they live for the "here and now" and I agree with that philosophy. but the true spelling of Anton Levays name is Anton Szandor LaVey.

Edited by Coyote (06/09/11 03:55 AM)

#453742 - 06/09/11 03:13 PM Re: Study: How Satanists see death [Re: Zsche]
Kernel Offline

Loc: Nothern Europe
I loved the comments at the end of the CNN article. Really, people should learn how to read. How can someone get everything so wrong - Maybe because they want to believe that it is how they think of it as?

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406363 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements