Topic Options
#453637 - 06/08/11 07:16 PM A Satanic World
AdamBomb Offline

Curious to see what people think of Satanists being a majority in the world and other religions being minority. Would you consider this a great thing and would better the world? Or would Satanists such as yourselves like Satanism as the misunderstood religion and feel empowered to be one of the select few. (I'm assuming there are a lot less Satanists in this world compared to the three main Abraham religions) I have my personal take on it, but want to see what various people in COS think.

#453641 - 06/08/11 08:03 PM Re: A Satanic World [Re: AdamBomb]
Phineas Offline
CoS Magister

Why?

What is this obsession with wanting to know what other Satanists think, especially with such abstract questions?

"I'm fascinated with how primitive the human mind still is. It can be misdirected so easily." John Gaughan

"Success is uncommon. Therefore, not to be enjoyed by the common man." Cal Stoll

#453699 - 06/09/11 09:31 AM Re: A Satanic World [Re: Phineas]
AdamBomb Offline

What else is there that can be for the discussion in a forum like this? Seriously. I thought it was an interesting question, I stopped asking questions that I can find in the books.
You don't have to answer it, I'm just curious about people's takes on things, not just what a Satanist thinks, but what people in general perceive things. Maybe I might find some answer interesting that I never thought about.
I'd like to ask more general questions on about life and the world, but I don't see a forum for this - It's all questions in regards to Satanism.

Edited by AdamBomb (06/09/11 09:59 AM)

#453704 - 06/09/11 10:30 AM Re: A Satanic World [Re: AdamBomb]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: AdamBomb
What else is there that can be for the discussion in a forum like this? Seriously.

There are plenty of other things one could ask about or discuss other than unrealistic hypotheticals. Take a look at some of the other threads. Seriously.

Getting back to the original question, I think it makes about as much sense to me as asking "What if the majority of players on this baseball team were catchers?" It's not going to happen. And no, this doesn't mean I "like Satanism as the misunderstood religion". People's general misunderstanding of Satanism doesn't change the fact that most people could never honestly consider themselves Satanic. Despite all of our advances in technology and collective empirical knowledge here in the 21st century, it's clear that humans, on the whole, still have an innate need for spirituality, herd conformity, and self-deceit.

Originally Posted By: AdamBomb
(I'm assuming there are a lot less Satanists in this world compared to the three main Abraham religions)

Of course. The only people I can think of who would possibly assume otherwise are 1) a minority of stupid Christians who erroneously toss around the term "Satanist" to describe anybody outside of their own sect, or 2) people who can't do arithmetic.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#453733 - 06/09/11 01:43 PM Re: A Satanic World [Re: AdamBomb]
Nemo Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: Point Nemo s48:52:31:748, w123...
Quote:
I thought it was an interesting question, I stopped asking questions that I can find in the books.

Your question is addressed in The Satanic Bible in "The Book of Lucifer" beginning on page 46.

You will usually find most of your questions will already have been answered in our books over the years.

#453759 - 06/09/11 06:49 PM Re: A Satanic World [Re: Nemo]
AdamBomb Offline

Good to know, I'll check it out. It was nice knowing you people and I appreciate the responses.

Forum Stats
12105 Members
73 Forums
43869 Topics
405519 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements