Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#451903 - 05/13/11 08:24 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Citizen Jonesy Online
CoS Member

Loc: Palm Springs, California, USA
For the most part, your job will not define who you are no more than the soda you drink. I have held a number of interesting jobs, but details about my personal life is none of anyone's business. I am a Satanist. That says it all.

Quote:
Unfortunatly I got let go from both haha.

Gee, I wonder why?
Webmaster
The 8FoldPath Network-Just updated

#451918 - 05/14/11 01:03 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Shiva Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: Ormond Beach, FL
My standard answer is that I'm a serial killer.

In all seriousness, I do a lot of work in special effects makeup and practical FX, specializing in casualties/death. My job is literally to go somewhere and make actors or models look like something terrible has happened to them. It's not the best-paying job I have, but it is the one that I love the most.

But I am nothing if not a workaholic, and I tend to juggle several different projects at once.

Currently I'm a partner in a media production company, I write screenplays and articles (and now I write novels too!), I make costumes, I build sets and props, I have a couple online retail shops, I work as a "virtual geisha" from time to time, and I pop the heads off of historically-correct dolls.

I like to keep busy.

However, before I got my foot in the door in the entertainment industry, I worked as a bartender and just did my artsy stuff and work in theatre on the side. Eventually I landed a full-time position at a horror attraction and that got the career ball rolling for me.

"The ugliest of trades have their moments of pleasure. Now, if I were a grave-digger, or even a hangman, there are some people I could work for with a great deal of enjoyment." - Douglas Jerrold

#452151 - 05/17/11 11:30 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Roho_the_Rooster]
LightAngel Offline

Loc: Denmark
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
Originally Posted By: LightAngel

I just love cooking, I love preparing dinner, and I love shopping for food in many different places to find special food. The passion I have for food is the same passion I have for my art, I guess it's the lioness in me wink

I get that. We've changed our grocery buying routine. We used to get groceries once a week. Over time, I have felt the need to stop at a market on the way home from work. It helps me chill, and is a nice way to begin my evening. Now, we shop for essentials every couple of weeks, and I get the ingredients for the evening meal the day of. Everything is as fresh as I can make it. I find it against my religion to get anything already packaged. Fresh herbs...fresh vegetables...home made sauces, dressings and condiments as much as possible. There is no better way to get over any problem than to chop the veggies. Okay...there is this ONE thing...but that would be even more off topic than this post. wink

Your post makes me hungry, you should have your own restaurant, because your love for cooking will make the food even better smile

#452348 - 05/21/11 01:20 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
CWH Offline
CoS Member

USMC '98-'07
Now a Federal Corrections Officer

#452424 - 05/21/11 10:18 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Genevieve Offline

Loc: Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
I am currently unemployed for now although it is not for the lack of laziness. I write and have a major project in the works though.

#452430 - 05/21/11 11:56 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Citizen Jonesy]
Lamar Drummer Offline

Loc: Alabama
Originally Posted By: Citizen Jonesy
For the most part, your job will not define who you are no more than the soda you drink. I have held a number of interesting jobs, but details about my personal life is none of anyone's business. I am a Satanist. That says it all.

Quote:
Unfortunatly I got let go from both haha.

Gee, I wonder why?

My best just wasn't good enough?

Fuck plant work anyway. They did me a favor by letting me go.

Shit Lamar Says

#452444 - 05/22/11 07:25 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
SueW Offline
CoS Member

Loc: TN,United States
"To pay the bills, you do what is needed, but always with an aim to get where you're doing what you like to do."

I agree, I have worked a number of jobs including teaching emotionally disturbed disadvantaged youth (juvenile offenders) , autistic children, sewn drapes in a factory, worked restaurants, worked retail, worked for the IRS, and have 25 years in bill collection . I am currently a legal assistant,and have started looking into part time freelance writing work.

http://singlesmartandsurviving.blogspot.com/

http://darkrae.blogspot.com/

"Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored." Aldous Huxley

A charming woman doesn't follow the crowd. She is herself. - Loretta Young, American Actress

It takes a lot of courage to show your dreams to someone else. - ERMA BOMBECK

#452453 - 05/22/11 09:48 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Genevieve]
Zdenek Cerny Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
Originally Posted By: Genevieve
I am currently unemployed for now although it is not for the lack of laziness. I write and have a major project in the works though.

They do not work, it's a shame, my work is not so good.Not proud of what I do metallurgical plants harmful to nature and I know that bad.

#452933 - 05/28/11 03:03 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Hatred_Incarnate Offline

I currently work for a company that provides captions during a phone call to someone who is deaf or hard of hearing. They have a special phone that has a screen where the captions show up. I'm not sure how much else I'm allowed to say due to company secrecy, as this is big business, so I'll stop here.

On the side I'm investing in my own recording gear so I can start up a mobile recording business. I'm nearly there and only need several more things to be fully independent of people lending me microphones, stands and what have you. Another grand or so and I'll be all set.
-Fry Futurama
Crocodilians take better care of their young then a lot of parents I know.
-Dr. Brady Barr

#452934 - 05/28/11 03:16 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Kernel Offline

Loc: Nothern Europe
I just quit my job and couldn't be happier. I get more money by studying and studying at this point of my life will make my goals to be closer.

#453148 - 05/31/11 11:37 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
Herr_S Offline

Loc: Mordor
Work? Never been there, never done that and yet I'm doing fine.

Let's just say money works for me, not the other way around.

#453365 - 06/04/11 10:15 AM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
DarkDreams Offline

I work for a company that makes military equipment for Wright Patterson Air Force Base,I get to watch over and track all the data that the different departments submit to make sure everyone is on time and projects are being completed.

#453883 - 06/11/11 07:28 PM Re: Paying The Bills [Re: Lamar Drummer]
GlobalViper Offline

Loc: USA, HUNGARY
Have a metallurgy lab i play with noble metals, even stuff that gets the government officials to take note. Also do many other avenues, always have, never had a 9-5 job, always somehow come up with what ever I want. Even play with music industry, sounds funny but if you ever get to know me you would laugh and see life can be interesting.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Forum Stats
12015 Members
73 Forums
43825 Topics
405206 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements