Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Topic Options
#455808 - 07/11/11 09:13 PM Re: A Chequered Past [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

I'm all over this.

Bravo!

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#457078 - 08/01/11 09:21 AM 35 Years of L.A. Punk [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

August 1, 2011
For Immediate Release

Glory Is Noise Airs Three-Hour Celebration of L.A. Punk

On a three-hour edition of the Glory Is Noise online radio show (http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html), host Joel Gausten celebrates 35 years of Los Angeles Punk with special guests Dim Wanker (F-Word!/Thrasher Cadillac), Paul Roessler (The Screamers/Twisted Roots/45 Grave/The Deadbeats), David O. Jones (Magnolia Thunderpussy/Carnage Asada/The Deadbeats), Dave Travis (Carnage Asada/filmmaker, A History Lesson Parts One) and Loren Molinare (The Dogs/Little Caesar). The show is now available for free and on-demand at http://www.radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html.)

A staple of the Los Angeles music scene for 35 years, Dim Wanker was a founding member of first-wave West Coast punks, F-Word! The bands 1978 album, Like It Or Not, was the first-ever full-length album released by a California Punk band. In addition to pursuing a solo project, Wanker is currently a member of the band Thrasher Cadillac and will soon re-record select F-Word! classics with a new project featuring bassist Dan Canzonieri (Electric Frankenstein/Shadow Project) and Glory is Noise host Gausten on drums.

Paul Roessler was a prominent member of the L.A. punk scene during the late 1970s and '80s, playing keyboards in such bands as The Screamers, Twisted Roots, 45 Grave, Nervous Gender, Geza X and the Mommymen, Nina Hagen and The Deadbeats. Additionally, he created a rock opera entitled "Burnt Church" with Jeff Parker. In addition to performing as a member of the reformed Deadbeats, Roessler recently participated in a live reunion of the classic lineup of Twisted Roots, including Germs/Foo Fighters guitarist Pat Smear and Roesslers sister, bassist Kira (Black Flag/Dos).

An active musician since the early '80s, David O. Jones has worked with a vast array of artists including Magnolia Thunderpussy, El Vez, Carnage Asada, Alice Bag and The Deadbeats. He is currently finishing his first book, Destroy All Music, which chronicles the earliest bands of the Los Angeles Punk scene.

Musician and filmmaker Dave Travis lengthy resume includes shooting the infamous video for Black Flags Slip It In and co-producing spoken word projects for Jack Brewer of Saccharine Trust and Exene Cervenka of X. A longtime member of the band Carnage Asada, Travis recently released his first DVD, A History Lesson Part One, which presents live footage of The Minutemen, Twisted Roots, The Metal Puppets and Redd Kross filmed in 1984.

A working musician since the late '60s, Loren Molinare is the longtime singer/guitarist for The Dogs, who found notoriety in the late 70s Los Angeles Punk scene after forming in Detroit a decade earlier. Molinare is perhaps best known in Hard Rock/Metal circles as a member of Little Caesar, whose 1990 self-titled, Bob Rock-produced album featured their hit rendition of Aretha Franklins Chain Of Fools.

"Glory Is Noise" is a bi-weekly show on Radio Free Satan (http://www.radiofreesatan.com). Each episode, host Joel Gausten offers an eclectic mix of music and exclusive interviews with mainstream and underground recording artists. Episode descriptions and playlists are available at http://radiofreesatan.com/glory_is_noise.html. The shows Official Facebook Page is at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glory-is-Noise-Radio-Show/117651034954730?ref=ts.

Edited by JCLAG (08/01/11 09:22 AM)

There is no authority but yourself. - Penny Rimbaud

If everybody likes you, you're just kissing ass. - Jerry Only

#458137 - 08/14/11 06:03 PM Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Due to some recent (and very positive) changes on the professional front, as well as a desire to devote more time to other creative endeavors, I have decided to take a hiatus from producing Glory Is Noise.

My deepest thanks to everyone who listened to and regularly supported the show, as well as to BraveWords.com, BlabberMouth.net and other sites that often publicized (and sometimes streamed) the show to the masses.

Thanks to Radio Free Satan Program Director Tiberia Nine, who gave me the opportunity to create a show my way, without boundaries or restrictions.

Thanks to my better half, Shannon, who served as my long-suffered technical assistant and, for our Peter Steele tribute episode, my co-host.

Thanks to the many special guests and contributors for making Glory Is Noise what it was:

Mr. Bill Ward, Eric Singer, Bob Daisley, Bobby Steele, Gitane DeMone, Zara Kand, Duckie Rodriguez, Troy Gregory, Martin Atkins, Richard Lloyd, Carl Begai, Mike Coles, Lee Popa, Dan Lorenzo, Alan Tecchio, Paul Roessler, Sal Canzonieri, Dim Wanker, Dave Ingram, David O. Jones, Dave Travis, Loren Molinare and Steve Ignorant.

The biggest thanks of all to my first-ever guest and one of the most supportive friends Ive ever known, Steve Zing, who signed on to do Glory Is Noise when it was nothing more than an idea in an email.

I plan to eventually post the interview segments from the episodes up on YouTube, but this is on the bottom of a rather long to do list and will take some time to accomplish.

Its my sincere hope that followers of Glory Is Noise will continue to support Radio Free Satan and other media entities functioning completely under the stream of listener funding. This is the truest form of media we have in this world. Dont neglect it.

Future plans on my end include publishing the expanded 5th Anniversary Edition of Tales Of Horror: The History of The Misfits & The Undead later this year, as well as participating in a new music project with old friends Dim Wanker (F-Word) and Dan Canzonieri (Electric Frankenstein/Shadow Project). Stay tuned.

Again, thanks to everyone who supported Glory Is Noise!

- Joel

Edited by JCLAG (08/14/11 06:09 PM)

#458140 - 08/14/11 06:10 PM Re: Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
Lust Offline

Give 'em hell, Warlock Gausten.

Thank you, for the shows.

HS!
�Love is one of the most intense feelings felt by man; another is hate. Forcing yourself to feel indiscriminate love is very unnatural. If you try to love everyone you only lessen your feelings for those who deserve your love. Repressed hatred can lead to many physical and emotional aliments. By learning to release your hatred towards those who deserve it, you cleanse yourself of these malignant emotions and need not take your pent-up hatred out on your loved ones.�
Anton Szandor LaVey, The Satanic Bible

#458160 - 08/14/11 11:11 PM Re: Hiatus [Re: JCLAG]
Midnight Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Victoria, Australia
As a new CoS Member, that can now post in this forum, l want to thank you Warlock Gausten for Glory Is Noise. Glory Is Noise is what introduced me to Radio Free Satan and your published books. I love your interview style on Glory Is Noise and of course the music and love reading your books (the ones l have bought so far anyway).

During your Hiatus l will miss Glory Is Noise but l know that whatever you do, it will be worth waiting for. I will continue to listen to RFS as l now enjoy many other programs and l will keep an eye out for your future endevours. I'm especisally waiting for "Albums that (Should've) Changed the World"...

Hail Satan
Midnight

#458175 - 08/15/11 09:19 AM Re: Hiatus [Re: Midnight]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you for the words of support! Best to you!

#458176 - 08/15/11 09:20 AM Re: Hiatus [Re: Lust]
JCLAG Offline
CoS Warlock

Thank you! Best of luck with you own adventures in Radioland.

Page 7 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderator:  LKRice 

Forum Stats
12198 Members
73 Forums
43978 Topics
406029 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements