Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Halloween [Re: Shade] #458421
08/19/11 03:33 PM
08/19/11 03:33 PM
AdamBomb Offline OP
AdamBomb  Offline OP

Nah, Addams Family is a classic. Yes, they are childish, but in a good way - sentimental nostalgic value! Takes me back to the good old days of growing up. I'll check out Walking Dead, that's that Vampire show?
Not too crazy about those shows, I got a good laugh watching Twilight at a friend's house. How the hell did this stuff ever catch on? I'll check it out regardless, I have to watch it to get an ultimate judgement.
Johnny Depp had some amazing films, especially ones for the Fall/Halloween time. Willy Wonka remake, Secret Window, From Hell, Edward Scissorhands.

Re: Halloween [Re: Pablovilla] #458423
08/19/11 03:58 PM
08/19/11 03:58 PM
New England, USA
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister
Bill_M  Offline
CoS Magister

New England, USA
As for Halloween listening recommendations, well I do an annual Halloween episode on The Devil's Mischief. I try my best to put together a new mix of Halloween-related comedy and novelty every year, while taking the opportunity to self-indulge in two of my favorite music artists: Alice Cooper and Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

Originally Posted By: paul_r
Also keep in mind that many of the founding members of Black Sabbath are God fearing Christians

Not really. Just superstitious blue-collars from the streets of Birmingham. They probably wouldn't know a Bible from a copy of War and Peace.

Quote:
Also Ozzy did take part in the production of an album that was about witchcraft before his Black Sabbath days

What album was that? Surely you're not buying into those old myths about Ozzy Osbourne being in the Magic Lanterns or Coven, are you?

Reverend Bill M.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)
Re: Halloween [Re: Bill_M] #458425
08/19/11 04:01 PM
08/19/11 04:01 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
Roho_the_Rooster  Offline
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
I finally get to see Alice Cooper this weekend. It's a very early Halloween gift.

Re: Halloween [Re: Shade] #458426
08/19/11 04:04 PM
08/19/11 04:04 PM
Helheim
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member
JayLucif  Offline

CoS Member

Helheim
And the movie Something Wicked This Way Comes, is one of my all time favorite stories of Ray Bradbury put to film. I try at least once a year during fall before or just after Halloween, and sometimes during the holiday season to try and watch my copy of it on DVD. I used various online pseudonyms over the years since I started using the internet as a communications tool to the world wide web, I had user names based upon the character of Mr Dark from the story. The movie version of that story always gets under my skin and I have watched it many many times. I hope no one tries to remake that movie, that version is just pure movie magic.

Anyone up for the Mr Dark and Mr Nightshade traveling circus?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086336/

In case some here have not seen the movie version of the story. Man Disney used to be able to weave magic onto films.

------------------------------------------------------------

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

Re: Halloween [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #458428
08/19/11 04:12 PM
08/19/11 04:12 PM
New England, USA
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister
Bill_M  Offline
CoS Magister

New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Roho_the_Rooster
I finally get to see Alice Cooper this weekend. It's a very early Halloween gift.

I've seen him live countless times, and every year I'm pleasantly surprised. Even aside from all of the great theatrics, he actually changes his set list every year, throwing in a couple of his more obscure tracks that he hasn't played in decades. I really wish more bands would do that!

I'm anxiously awaiting the new album that should be out next month. Welcome To My Nightmare is easily one of my all-time favorite albums from anybody, ever.

Originally Posted By: JayLucif
And the movie Something Wicked This Way Comes, is one of my all time favorite stories of Ray Bradbury put to film.

A couple of years ago, I picked up the Ray Bradbury Theater DVD set. The transfer is admittedly crappy, but it does include every episode, and sells for $15-$20 new. There was some great stuff in that series.

Reverend Bill M.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,

(Wenn du Google's ‹bersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)
Re: Halloween [Re: AdamBomb] #458429
08/19/11 04:14 PM
08/19/11 04:14 PM
Helheim
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member
JayLucif  Offline

CoS Member

Helheim
If you are going to watch a Willy Wonka inspired film, do not forget to see Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory Starring Gene Wilder. Now the movie is also a musical, but the filming is just fantastic as well. I myself think Gene Wilder pulls off the eccentrics allot better than Johnny Deep, not that the movie version he starred in was junk it was just a different feel to the whole Willy Wonka vibe, it was a little too much Alice In Wonderland feeling for me. It is tough begin able to draw upon the book stories to get Willy Wonka just right.

In case you have not seen the Gene Wilder film.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067992/

"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams,
Wandering by lone sea-breakers,
And sitting by desolate streams;ó
World-losers and world-forsakers,
On whom the pale moon gleams:
Yet we are the movers and shakers
Of the world for ever, it seems."

Freedom, baby is never having to say you're sorry. Guilt is like a bag of fuckin' bricks. All ya gotta do is set it down. John Milton - The Devil's Advocate!

I'm gonna pull the whole thing down. I'm gonna bring the whole fuckin' diseased, corrupt temple down on your head. It's gonna be biblical. Clyde Shelton - Law Abiding Citizen!

Re: Halloween [Re: Bill_M] #458431
08/19/11 04:37 PM
08/19/11 04:37 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Bill_M

Welcome To My Nightmare is easily one of my all-time favorite albums from anybody, ever.

That album is an example of why I am very happy to finally see his live show. His music is made to be seen. It's theatrical to a degree higher than most bands. I have seen as much of his stuff on video I could find; but, you can't beat actually being there.

Re: Halloween [Re: Shade] #458432
08/19/11 04:42 PM
08/19/11 04:42 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
Originally Posted By: Shade

Re: TV. I'd normally recommend Addams Family but that may be too childish for you. smirk

There is something very sad about not letting your inner youngun' out on Halloween, of all times. That big, dumb looking geezer on the haunted hay ride...the one sitting in the that group with all those kids...yeah...that's me.

Re: Halloween [Re: Shade] #458433
08/19/11 04:43 PM
08/19/11 04:43 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
There is only one movie I HAVE to watch on Halloween...The Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Re: Halloween [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #458439
08/19/11 05:20 PM
08/19/11 05:20 PM
Helheim
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member
JayLucif  Offline

CoS Member

Helheim
Of course I overlooked the Rocky Horror Picture Show, shown live if one is able to catch one. RHPS is always worth a night out on Halloween to catch a public showing from a local theater. With people having large home theater systems and plenty of room, these types can do their own in home psychodrama act along with the show, and with the properly invited guests.

Re: Halloween [Re: Bill_M] #458440
08/19/11 05:33 PM
08/19/11 05:33 PM
Victorville, California
Pablovilla Offline

Pablovilla  Offline

Victorville, California
As for Halloween listening recommendations, well I do an annual Halloween episode on The Devil's Mischief. I try my best to put together a new mix of Halloween-related comedy and novelty every year, while taking the opportunity to self-indulge in two of my favorite music artists: Alice Cooper and Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

You do have Great shows, and I have listened to the shows that you are referring to, and your best in Blasphemy specials! Great Stuff!

Originally Posted By: paul_r
Also keep in mind that many of the founding members of Black Sabbath are God fearing Christians

Not really. Just superstitious blue-collars from the streets of Birmingham. They probably wouldn't know a Bible from a copy of War and Peace.

Years ago when going to College I always had the Christian idiots to deal with in my face, ones that like bands such as Styper, and actually believe that garbage that they feed you (Frank Zappa Quote, I'm the Slime). So I'm a bit hair trigger when it comes to many that wear crosses.

Quote:
Also Ozzy did take part in the production of an album that was about witchcraft before his Black Sabbath days

What album was that? Surely you're not buying into those old myths about Ozzy Osbourne being in the Magic Lanterns or Coven, are you?

My mistake, confused Oz Osborne with Ozzy Osbourne. Should have double checked. There must have been enough people to confuse the two for it to be listed in the first two lines on the Wikipedia entry.

BTW there is also a metal band called Coven, and confused the names for a moment, that was till I started to listen to just one of their tracks and immediately deleted everything that I mistakenly downloaded.

Just can't help it there are just some sounds that many people seem to like that is much like nails on a chalkboard to me. Enough so that hearing them makes me want to leave at best... The American group Coven makes such sounds on their albums, and there are many other groups that are the same way. Much like the song Ding Fries are done sticks in the head of some people. Or the Banana Phone from the Banana episode sticks in the head of other people.

I know obsessions are bad, and the one I'm famous for is going out of my way to avoid some things. Crappy music just happens to be one of them. I've been known to leave stores because of the music. However that is a topic for another time and place.

Last edited by paul_r; 08/19/11 05:47 PM.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result - Ben Franklin
Re: Halloween [Re: JayLucif] #458441
08/19/11 05:34 PM
08/19/11 05:34 PM
Pre-Apocalypolis
Roho_the_Rooster Offline
CoS Warlock
CoS Warlock

Pre-Apocalypolis
My DVD has an option to see the movie from the audience POV, where you get an idea of what it is like to sit in...and the option to be prompted with instructions of what action should be taken. I have yet to be part of a live showing. That may be because I understand it is customary to go in costume. I look awful in fishnets.

Re: Halloween [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #458443
08/19/11 05:56 PM
08/19/11 05:56 PM
Victorville, California
Pablovilla Offline

Pablovilla  Offline

Victorville, California
My DVD has an option to see the movie from the audience POV, where you get an idea of what it is like to sit in...and the option to be prompted with instructions of what action should be taken. I have yet to be part of a live showing. That may be because I understand it is customary to go in costume. I look awful in fishnets.

There are many places not too far from were I work that show Rocky Horror in the Los Angeles area. Also there are some that not only dress the parts, but bring props, such as super soakers, and many other things. One such place is the Nuart Theatre, but there are many others as well.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result - Ben Franklin
Re: Halloween [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #458445
08/19/11 06:43 PM
08/19/11 06:43 PM
Helheim
JayLucif Offline

CoS Member
JayLucif  Offline

CoS Member

Helheim
Not necessarily, you don't have to go dressed in drag. grin The first time that I went to one of the showings was years ago. Way back when you had to be strictly 18 or over to see the viewing of a showing that stressed this point at least around where I was at during that time. The theaters showing the movie did midnight movie runs of the show. The first time I did not dress up, but had my cherry popped so to speak. In the RHPS media world if you have not seen a show live with audience participation, you are still considered a virgin. cool

So get a few close friends over both guys and gals you know and trust, then have the movie and do the audience participation with the DvD cue points built into the movie version you watch. It is all just play along improvisation, like one would do at a theater troupe group. Your not required to Kiss the guy who play acts Dr. Frank-N-Furter. cool

In fact Women can also play act the role of Dr. Frank-N-Furter to elevate any uncomfortableness or awkwardness, as the character role comes across as BI-Sexual anyway, both Woman and Man.

It is extremely fun to watch a large portion of the theater do the time warp dance though. The audience participating also has a tendency to do things like bring squirt guns with water to mimic the rain down pour scene, and also people will bring white rice to throw during the wedding scene of Janet and Brad during the honeymoon run off to the car getaway. It really is a work on lesser magical skills, how willingly people give themselves over to something as innocent as a silly cult classic film, there is lessons to be gleamed in that there film and the audience participation level. coopdevil

Re: Halloween [Re: Roho_the_Rooster] #458452
08/19/11 08:06 PM
08/19/11 08:06 PM
New England, USA
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister
Bill_M  Offline
CoS Magister

New England, USA
My DVD has an option to see the movie from the audience POV

There's also the audio track with the audience participation. It's mixed in the surround-sound so that if you have a 5.1 system, the audience responses are in the back speakers. Fun times. Just don't throw toast or shoot water pistols in the living room!

The first time I saw RHPS live, their Dr. Frank-N-Furter was actually being played by woman. When the show was about to get started, she walked down the aisle, and in a mock whisper (purposely loud enough for everybody around me to hear), I turned to my friend and said "Psst, dude! I think that transvestite's a CHICK!" Boy, did she give me a deadly look.

Reverend Bill M.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Forum Statistics
Forums73
Topics44,555
Posts407,981
Members13,366
Most Online227
Sep 17th, 2018
Advertisements

hold
Page Time: 0.038s Queries: 14 (0.027s) Memory: 1.5350 MB (Peak: 1.8794 MB) Zlib enabled. Server Time: 2018-10-17 20:08:23 UTC