Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#436964 - 11/03/10 01:59 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Shade]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: Shade
Lots of weirdos out there claim to be Satanist, born that way, acting in accordance, talk the talk, walk the walk etc when they're really just "playing the comedy" (devil-worshiping), mentally unstable or worse.

To quote an older essay of mine:

Originally Posted By: Bill_M
I'm sure some people, especially those obsessed with bashing the COS and/or Anton LaVey, will think that the statement of "We are the real Satanists, period" is just an ignorant ethnocentric stance. In other words, some think that the statement is no different than Protestants, Catholics, Jehovah's Witnesses, etc. each claiming "We're the REAL Christians; the others aren't." This isn't so.

We have a good reason for being able to claim the title as our own: we were the first. We were not an offshoot or sect of anything else. Satanism certainly had its share of influences, just like every other religion has. But the philosophy, ceremony, and dogma of it as a whole make it extremely different than anything that ever existed prior to it. The founding of the Church of Satan marked the first time in known history that an applicable, codified religion under the name of "Satanism" existed. And "codified" is a key word here.

Sure, there were people now and then performing rituals based on elaborate church propaganda stories like “The Black Mass”, or creatively trying to invert parts of the Holy Bible or additional Catholic ceremonial traditions. But it was nothing centralized nor structured enough to honestly be called its own religion, let alone one that was public, and let alone one that had practitioners that identified themselves as "Satanists". I’ve also seen sensationalist journalists cite Crowley as having been a "Satanist", but they are obviously oblivious to what he wrote and practiced, and how and his adherents identified themselves.

Another thing that makes “We are the real Satanists” a different claim than some Christian sect saying “We are the real Christians” is the difference in canon. The Holy Bible is a vague book written over thousands of years by countless people, with translations of translations of translations. These groups have always argued over which parts deserve more attention than others, and how to manifest that. The Satanic Bible does not have the same ambiguity about it. It is less than 40 years old and came out well after the invention of the printing press. You can find first editions of the book and compare the words, which aside from introductions and the like have not changed. The religion presented in this book has no dietary restrictions, no list of long “thou shalt” and “thou shalt not” behaviors, subjective parables, or anything else that could reasonably lead to different “interpretations”.

So the whole argument of "Hitler wasn't a real Christian" still strikes me a No-True-Scottsman fallacy.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#436968 - 11/03/10 02:51 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Bill_M]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
A wonderfully written essay Mr. Bill M.

I've read it in Opvs Daemonvm: The Devil's Diaries Vol. I.

That book is very useful in my opinion.

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#436973 - 11/03/10 04:19 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Delta]
anna Offline

Loc: Poland
Quote:
I'm most amused to think that as a good Christian you must love me too.

Of course I love you. There is no need to doubt it. smile

#436975 - 11/03/10 04:25 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: anna]
LordofDarkness Offline
CoS Member

Loc: Tennessee, U.S.
Originally Posted By: anna
Quote:
I'm most amused to think that as a good Christian you must love me too.

Of course I love you. There is no need to doubt it. smile

How can you love someone you don't even know?

"Any group or collective, large or small, is only a number of individuals. A group can have no rights other than the rights of its individual members." - Ayn Rand

"Laws are there for a reason. You may not agree with them but you gotta obey them. Nobody wants to be in court." - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Satanism is not a white light religion; it is a religion of the flesh, the mundane, the carnal - all of which are ruled by Satan, the personification of the Left Hand Path." - Magus LaVey

"Test Everything, Believe Nothing." -

#437012 - 11/04/10 11:00 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
Bill_M Offline
CoS Magister

Loc: New England, USA
Originally Posted By: LordofDarkness
A wonderfully written essay Mr. Bill M.

I've read it in Opvs Daemonvm: The Devil's Diaries Vol. I.

Thank you. I've been meaning to get a copy of that. The first time the full essay was printed, there were unfortunately some editing problems (two separate essays got fused together into one, under the same title), but I'm hoping this was corrected this time around.

Quote:
How can you love someone you don't even know?

Precisely. To love a person means, at the very least, that you value their existence more than that of certain other people. To apply the term "love" to strangers is to water down the meaning of the word so that it becomes useless. One of my favorite quotations on this topic is: "Love All" only works in tennis.

http://www.devilsmischief.com: Carnal Comedy Clips, Netherworld Novelty Numbers,
New hour every week. Download the mp3 now!

http://www.aplaceformystuff.org: Tales of Combat Clutter and other Adventures

(Wenn du Google's Übersetzer verwendest, um diese Worte zu lesen, dann bist du ein Arschloch.)

#437016 - 11/04/10 12:31 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: anna]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark

It is an indisputable fact that our Adolf was a true and pious Christian

While browsing through an online local paper today I came across this article (http://politiken.dk/debat/ECE1101632/kierkegaard-raabte-hep-efter-joederne/). Unfortunately it is in Danish (the paper itself is socio-liberal mainstream nationwide paper - just to put it into context), and I haven't been able to find the document it refers to in online form yet.

It concerns a book by a philosopher and writer who has been much in the news because of his book about some of the antisemitism of the philosopher Kierkegaard.

In this article he refers to the official Nazi party program from 1920 which states that the party "represents the standpoint of the revelatory Christianity" and that it is "fighting the Jewish-materialistic spirit inside and around us". The translation is my own, and the author of course already translated it from the original German, but still there seems to be some evidence out there suggesting that the antisemitism of of the nazi party was influenced by christian dogma that were there centuries before.

#437017 - 11/04/10 12:35 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: verszou]
verszou Offline

Loc: Denmark
Ah, found it

http://www.fordham.edu/halsall/mod/25points.html

Quote:
The Party as such advocates the standpoint of a positive Christianity without binding itself confessionally to any one denomination.

#458732 - 08/23/11 01:18 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: Delta]
Pablovilla Offline

Loc: Victorville, California
Originally Posted By: Delta
the Nazis used to play with human bodies in the form of ruthless medical experiments and anatomic examinations

Play? You continue to display a total ignorance of motive. Games might have been played but medical experiments are hardly games. I know people from Poland who understand this so don't try to blame the media climate there as you did in post 436865. You're buying into cinematic delusions that even Holocaust Survivors don't buy into.

I'm really at a loss what made holocaust a Christian thing.

Again you fail to understand the allegations. Regardless of Hitler's beliefs and the motives for the holocaust (And I haven't seen any claims here that the holocaust itself was motivated by Christianity, though Martin Luther might have thought otherwise I won't hold you to protestant ambitions, being Catholic and all) my allegation is that the holocaust was nothing new compared to Christian, specifically Catholic atrocities condoned and ordered by your infallible Popery.

That Hitler, in his madness, believed he was a pious Christian, doesn't mean he was one in reality.

You laughed off my question yet again, but continue to maintain Hitler couldn't have been Christian, despite any assertions he might have made and the belief that he was (Which I do not claim he made or did, all theory). I say again, who are you to JUDGE? I won't hold you to the protestant belief that anyone accepting Christ is saved, I'll hold you to Catholic standards, to your own moral code: What did Hitler do that Popes through the ages didn't? What did he believe that went against doctrine? And how dare you claim to speak for the Lord your God in matters of HIS forgiveness? I find that most unchristian of you.

What I don't get is why there is such a bias against the Germans when the Japanese did the same things to Americans and Chinese peoples, and that is almost never talked about. There are many recorded medical experiments where people have been deliberately infected and watched the illness propagate to the point where people would be dissected alive to monitor the progression of the illness. Also the same was done with VX gas and other chemical weapons, and radiological experiments that our own government did on enlisted men. How do people think we know so much about the effects of radiation, the effects of LSD and other drugs and the progression of various infections?

#458733 - 08/23/11 01:48 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: verszou]
Pablovilla Offline

Originally Posted By: verszou

It is an indisputable fact that our Adolf was a true and pious Christian

While browsing through an online local paper today I came across this article (http://politiken.dk/debat/ECE1101632/kierkegaard-raabte-hep-efter-joederne/). Unfortunately it is in Danish (the paper itself is socio-liberal mainstream nationwide paper - just to put it into context), and I haven't been able to find the document it refers to in online form yet.

It concerns a book by a philosopher and writer who has been much in the news because of his book about some of the antisemitism of the philosopher Kierkegaard.

In this article he refers to the official Nazi party program from 1920 which states that the party "represents the standpoint of the revelatory Christianity" and that it is "fighting the Jewish-materialistic spirit inside and around us". The translation is my own, and the author of course already translated it from the original German, but still there seems to be some evidence out there suggesting that the antisemitism of of the nazi party was influenced by christian dogma that were there centuries before.

There are many different sources relating to that such as Zundelsite and the ADL answer to that site

I'm thinking that there is much more to it, and that the truth probably will never come out, as there is much profit to keep the lies up. The truth is that many innocent people needlessly died, and it was for profit. I'm just hoping that the bankers do not do to this country as they did to Germany in the 30's England in the 80's, and other countries as well.

#458769 - 08/23/11 04:20 PM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: LordofDarkness]
AdamBomb Offline

I believe there was one in June of this year. A friend of mine actually called me and asked if I heard the news about it. The world, according to the BIBLE hehehe, was supposed to end at 6pm on that day in June. I was very surprised I never heard it anywhere from anyone until after it happened.

I wonder if the symbolism meant by the end of the world meant end of the world of Christianity...and Scientology takes over a long reign until it eventually dies off.

In reality, the sun is supposed to last 5 billion years. It is 4.5 billion years old now. When it dies, all life dies along with it. That is at least what I got from Christopher Hitchen's "God is not great".

#458802 - 08/24/11 03:57 AM Re: End of Earth Postponed [Re: AdamBomb]
Pablovilla Offline

Originally Posted By: AdamBomb
I believe there was one in June of this year. A friend of mine actually called me and asked if I heard the news about it. The world, according to the BIBLE hehehe, was supposed to end at 6pm on that day in June. I was very surprised I never heard it anywhere from anyone until after it happened.

I wonder if the symbolism meant by the end of the world meant end of the world of Christianity...and Scientology takes over a long reign until it eventually dies off.

In reality, the sun is supposed to last 5 billion years. It is 4.5 billion years old now. When it dies, all life dies along with it. That is at least what I got from Christopher Hitchen's "God is not great".

How it should be stated is the end of the world as we know it.

If you are into Tarot that would be "The Tower" or "Death", both are a form of destruction, but really mean an end to the way things are, and a new beginning. There are many that have determined that the beast in the bible was a Roman emperor, but the bible has been translated between so many languages and is so vague, who is who, and times dates etc could be anything.

It is true that part of California will split away from the rest of continent, but none of us will be around to see it. Also this will be a dead planet in a few billion years, that is before this galaxy becomes part of the Andromeda galaxy.

These things will come true, but as far as we are concerned they do not matter. However there is something that is happening right now that could be called the end of the world, and that is the global economy is tanking due to speculation and the actions of the banks. However if you or anyone wants to get a feel for the bible keep in mind that it is a bunch of stories written by a bunch of people, and most of those stories were created by peoples that did not have a written language, and thousands of years later put to paper. Also in the mind of any archeologist no one story is more true than any other, be it about Spider Woman, the Coyote, or some guy named Jesus Christ.

What is different is the number of people that believe the stories on faith, there are more people that believe that a white bearded man sitting on a throne in the sky created the earth, than believe that Spider Woman created man from Mud, or that the ants are skinny in the middle so we could become so much larger.

Each culture has creation and destruction myths, the only thing is how far people are willing to go to believe them on faith. Some will even drink the coolade so that they can fly away on a flying saucer that is hidden by a comet.

There are also some that say the end will come with Agenda 21 as part of the new world order, or as part of the new internment camps that are being setup for civil unrest when the economy really goes bad and the government takes all our guns away. These are just two of many that have been circulating around a while. There is another one that is part of a movie staring Lee Majors called "The Last Chase", where the government makes private ownership of cars illegal among other things.

There are many differing ideas on how things will end, just some are far more likely than others.

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum Stats
12257 Members
73 Forums
44036 Topics
406365 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements