Topic Options
#452869 - 05/27/11 03:44 PM Membership and Processing
August Wolfe Offline

Loc: Texas Wastelands
If I may ask, how long is the process these days from submission of application and membership fee until the process is complete and red card has been mailed? I realise it is dependant upon several factors but is there a going general time-frame at present? Thank you for any information.

#452870 - 05/27/11 03:48 PM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: August Wolfe]
Drake_Bamboozle Offline
CoS Reverend

Loc: England
Registered membership is usually within 3 months. But can, on occasions, take longer depending on certain factors.

#452879 - 05/27/11 06:39 PM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: Drake_Bamboozle]
August Wolfe Offline

Loc: Texas Wastelands
Many thanks.

#458931 - 08/26/11 09:36 AM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: August Wolfe]
Zdenek Cerny Offline

Loc: Czech Republic
Hello,what factors might influence the registered membership?

#458943 - 08/26/11 12:30 PM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: Zdenek Cerny]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

I am afraid that those factors are not shared with the public or prospective members, so your question cannot be answered here or even privately.

I would kindly suggest that you stop worrying and just relax about it, and just send in your registered membership application if you genuinely wish to be a registered member of the Church of Satan.

The CoS has many many members from outside the United States, and I am sure that many have less fluency in English than yourself, if that is what is specifically concerning you.

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#458950 - 08/26/11 01:45 PM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: Quaark]
Zdenek Cerny Offline

Thank, Reverend application for registration, I sent and relaxation of my waiting the red card.
Sometimes patience strengthens (my opinion).

#458951 - 08/26/11 01:53 PM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: Zdenek Cerny]
Quaark Offline

CoS Reverend

You are welcome Zdenek.

Patience is a virtue.
I remember very well waiting for mine.

Hail Satan!

The thermal conductivity of helium II is greater than that of any other known substance, a million times that of helium I and hundred of times that of copper. This is because heat conduction occurs via a quantum mechanism.

Second sound is a quantum mechanical phenomenon in which heat transfer occurs by wave-like motion, rather than by the usual mechanism of diffusion. Heat takes the place of pressure in normal sound waves. This leads to very high thermal conductivity. It's known as "second sound" because the wave motion of heat is similar to the propagation of sound in air.

Sound waves are fluctuations in the density of molecules in a substance; second sound waves are fluctuations in the density of phonons. Second sound can be observed in any system in which most phonon-phonon collisions conserve momentum. This occurs in superfluids and in dielectric crystals when Umklapp scattering is small.

#458994 - 08/27/11 01:29 AM Re: Membership and Processing [Re: Quaark]
Zdenek Cerny Offline

Thank you, Rev. Daark.

Hail Satan!

Forum Stats
11889 Members
73 Forums
43636 Topics
404137 Posts

Max Online: 197 @ 10/04/11 06:49 AM
Advertisements